• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

NXT California shows go on sale tomorrow but the presale is up. Gonna try to make plans to go to the LA show, been waiting for NXT to come to CA for a long time.

Zach

Now Thank You for Smoking isn't doing it for me. It seems... obvious.

Maybe I just don't like anything anymore.

I AM DATA WEST. I AM THE TABLE.

gun_haver

I think Ember Moon has mega potential at least in terms of an Asuka vs Ember Moon match. That's clearly where they are going but they need to make a few important changes:

- Less face pandering in her entrance. People don't like her because she cares about the audience, they like her because she is cool
- Less selling in her matches, she needs to be more dominant
- Get those vampire contact lenses back in. I don't like the current trend of normal match / special match LIMIT BREAK mode attire that seems to be started with Finn. People should be in character at all times or you lose something.
- I realise this is probably set but I don't think he theme fully fits here either and although I do like the attire, I'd make it darker blue/black.

What I think you've got here is potentially an extremely over cool anti-hero babyface supernatural gimmick which they are fucking up every little detail of while still just barely getting the core idea across.

I really hope they tweak this and get it where it needs to be because I like the way she moves around.

And one final point, but this is a lost cause - the hair extensions. Jesus christ get rid of them. Can't a woman just have normal women's hair instead of this anime nonsense? Sasha looks WORSE with the dumb all pink. Naomi looks worse with the green extensions. Becky looks worse with the orange peel dye.. Ember Moon looks worse with these bloinde extension for no reason .And worst of all, they look DUMB. I really wish they'd ditch that.

Stop trying to differentiate the women by their colour pallettes. They aren't just alternative costumes on Player 3: Woman. Give them more solid gimmicks and follow through on them through storylines. The options shouldn't be a) blonde b) anime.

Preach it!

Fave Five BP winners of the 2000s:
Return of the King
No Country
12 Years a Slave
Spotlight
The Hurt Locker

And the Fuck-off Five:
Birdman
Crash
A Beautiful Mind
Slumdog Millionaire
Chicago

No lies detected. Also, what you think of The Departed for BP? Personally, I think Gangs of New York should have won.

So you're saying I should watch this Whiplash business, eh?
You ARE the table if you don't like Whiplash.

No lies detected. Also, what you think of The Departed for BP? Personally, I think Gangs of New York should have won.
I'm fine with The Departed. I don't think it's really a great movie, but it was Marty's time, and there have been far worse legacy wins.

And really, I was going to be fine with anything winning that year as long as it wasn't fucking Babel. HORSESHIT MOVIE THAT WAS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really loved Magnolia. It's in my personal Fave Five. Same with Amadeus. If you haven't seen either of these for any reason, Zach, fix it - it's just so good. Amadeus in particular is so much MORE than what you'd imagine. It's so good.

gun_haver

Ember Moon is dope but that finisher of hers needs to be saved for big moments only.

Yeah she should have a seconary finisher for minor matches. Like, the way Leah Von was just hanging around waiting for it looked stupid. I guess you can blame that on Leah Von but still, top rope finishers are pretty convoluted and she should have a good quick set up move that is built to end matches too.

"Winter Sleep" was a far superior movie to any nominated for the Oscar that year (including the aight but overrated Whiplash), but genuine artistic merit never gets its due at The Oscars.

gun_haver

Look if we're just gonna gab about fucking movies here then I'm gonna make it legitimate and say I just re-watched The Wrestler, after seeing it when it came out initially when I was a fully lapsed fan of a good 8 years at that point.

Seeing it through the lens of an active wrestling fan, and someone who has been backstage/worked on shows, meet n greets etc - I've gotta say, it's pretty damn good. Sure it's a bit bleaker than is realistic - they could've toned that down a bit. These guys don't have to live in trailers and work at the deli - but the actual wrestler oriented stuff was cool. And fuck, Marisa Tomei. She might be the most beautiful woman who has ever lived, in my opinion, and is beautiful well into her 40's and to hell with it, 50's as well.

Look if we're just gonna gab about fucking movies here then I'm gonna make it legitimate and say I just re-watched The Wrestler, after seeing it when it came out initially when I was a fully lapsed fan of a good 8 years at that point.

Seeing it through the lens of an active wrestling fan, and someone who has been backstage/worked on shows, meet n greets etc - I've gotta say, it's pretty damn good. Sure it's a bit bleaker than is realistic - they could've toned that down a bit. These guys don't have to live in trailers and work at the deli - but the actual wrestler oriented stuff was cool. And fuck, Marisa Tomei. She might be the most beautiful woman who has ever lived, in my opinion, and is beautiful well into her 40's and to hell with it, 50's as well.

Gun Haver, I like your style.

Possibly the earliest footage of Andre getting slammed;

5c7XE6C.gif

That was against Strong Kobayashi from 1972. A very un-Andre match, with the giant doing a cowardly heel bit, taking off turnbuckle pads, distracting the ref, feigning injury and begging off, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Snowman Prophet of Doom, I watched Meshes of the Afternoon yesterday. Wanna jack me off?
God, THAT was an amazing short film. I remember wanting to see it so badly when the back of a Godflesh album had an image from it, back in the early 90s. It looked so cool. Did not disappoint.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last movie I watched was The Rock. I'm just a sucker for Michael Biehn

him and Emilio Estevez are my dude crushes. I watched My Beautiful Laundrette before that. You know, natural movie progression.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Possibly the earliest footage of Andre getting slammed;

5c7XE6C.gif

That was against Strong Kobayashi from 1972. A very un-Andre match, with the giant doing a cowardly heel bit, taking off turnbuckle pads, distracting the ref, feigning injury and begging off, etc.
There's not much better for fans who grew up on Hulk/Andre than digging through the past and seeing how fucking great Andre was before WWF. It really is amazing, and he wasn't just giant, he was born to be in this kind of business. He was goddamned fantastic, fun to watch, and he had fun doing it. Quite the different (and better!) picture than the one that WWF paints. I watched Canek beat the shit out of him a couple times. Really good.

Zach

Last movie I watched was The Rock. I'm just a sucker for Michael Biehn

him and Emilio Estevez are my dude crushes. I watched My Beautiful Laundrette before that. You know, natural movie progression.
One must cleanse the palate, my love.

Hey, you know what I should maybe watch. Escape from New York. Aaah yeeeah!

Top Bottom