• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

Nah. Fuck that guy. I can accept the fact it kinda makes me a bad person. I know it's the not so mature way to go.
F that guy for sure, but still. There are lovely ugly people and I think mocking crappy ugly people about their looks could cause some collateral damage to the lovely ugly people, you see?

At least, that's my convoluted way of thinking about it.

Mahonay

Banned
F that guy for sure, but still. There are lovely ugly people and I think mocking crappy ugly people about their looks could cause some collateral damage to the lovely ugly people, you see?

At least, that's my convoluted way of thinking about it.
Yeah it's a pretty bad way to go about it. Not going to argue that.

I knew Paige was on her way out. If it wasn't because of Del Rio, it would be because the WWE (like Ryback) had nothing for her to do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I knew Paige was on her way out. If it wasn't because of Del Rio, it would be because the WWE (like Ryback) had nothing for her to do.

Unlike Ryback, there's not as many options for Paige if she quits. She can either go get her nose broken in Japan for next to nothing, feud with Maria, or work the bingo hall for SHIMMER

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unlike Ryback, there's not as many options for Paige if she quits. She can either go get her nose broken in Japan for next to nothing, feud with Maria, or work the bingo hall for SHIMMER

Yeah, she can't cut it in Mexico. Maybe go back to Britain? Hell, I dunno. She can't hang in STARDOM, so it'd have to be in something smaller.

Just been watching some of the hidden gems collection on the WWE network. I challenge anyone to watch the Ric Flair vs Barry Windham match on there and tell me that Flair isn't the undisputed greatest of all time. What a man!

Zach

Just been watching some of the hidden gems collection on the WWE network. I challenge anyone to watch the Ric Flair vs Barry Windham match on there and tell me that Flair isn't the undisputed greatest of all time. What a man!
There's a Flair/Windham match in there? Man, I really need to check out that section.

somedevil

There's a ridiculous number of local and family promotions that'd pay her silly money just so they can put "WWE SuperStar Paige!" on their posters. Plus, she's always got her parent's crappy promotion.

Isn't that the one in Bryan's book when he first met them they were hanging a guy out a window over some disagreement?

Rather not because between both sides stories its not going to be pretty.

Plus she has a neck injury that has weakened her arm like Bryan had. So she can't even wrestle right now.
I mean, it's ugly sure, but if Mark Carrano really did harass both of them and told them to break up or get fired, that's something that needs to come out IMO.

Eva Marie is apparently currently training again with Brian Kendrick at his wrestling school. Her return is gonna be wild, friends!

But seriously, good for her to be using the time-off to continue trying to improve.

Heroman

Banned
Eva Marie is apparently currently training again with Brian Kendrick at his wrestling school. Her return is gonna be wild, friends!

But seriously, good for her to be using the time-off to continue trying to improve.
At a certain point no amount of training is ever going to make her good or even decent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rather not because between both sides stories its not going to be pretty.

Plus she has a neck injury that has weakened her arm like Bryan had. So she can't even wrestle right now.

That's the truth right there - there are two sides, for sure, and we'll likely see only one, and there'll likely be exaggerations.

There's a ridiculous number of local and family promotions that'd pay her silly money just so they can put "WWE SuperStar Paige!" on their posters. Plus, she's always got her parent's crappy promotion.

Didn't know if her name carried any actual weight to it due to her WWE time. What female promotions are the biggest in the UK?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I will be surprised if the result of the Roman Reigns/Owens match is anything other than Rusev beating up Roman to cost him a win.

At a certain point no amount of training is ever going to make her good or even decent.

Eva Marie not wrestling is legitimately the best gimmick she's ever had.

I think Paige would be a good person to have floating around the UK women's scene, it's a scene full of talented (relative) newbies with a few exceptions, I think she'd add a lot.

I've said it before, but I'd also love her to go to STARDOM, just to see how she'd hang.

Mahonay

Banned
Didn't know if her name carried any actual weight to it due to her WWE time. What female promotions are the biggest in the UK?
Why would you think Paige's name doesn't carry a lot of weight when she always got big pops in almost every city and sold a lot of merch despite being in nothing feuds for long stretches of time?

I've disliked most of Paige's matches in recent years, but there's no doubt that she's a draw.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3 days until we see AJ Styles as a WWE
transitional
champion right guys?

Still counts damn it :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you think Paige's name doesn't carry a lot of weight when she always got big pops in almost every city and sold a lot of merch despite being in nothing feuds for long stretches of time?

I've disliked most of Paige's matches in recent years, but there's no doubt that she's a draw.

I guess her being gone has really changed how I think people react.

Is it really a transitional champ if the reign lasts for 4+ months?

Cause I don't think AJ is losing the title until at least the Rumble. At least I really hope so, cause the WWE title really needs him to put on MOTY candidates every month for it to feel prestigious.

Top Bottom