• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

I've beaten the game 6,000 times
never drew a dime
and that motherfucker has given me trouble every single time. Fuck BloodStarved. I recommend using fire paper and stocking up on antidote.
What's fire paper? >_>

P.S. I enjoyed your spoiler.
Sans-licensed music on the Network? Yes. It's been stripped of half of it's personality as a promotion.
Oh, yeah. If you're an ECW purist, that would probably suck. It bothers me more with the WCW themes because I'm more familiar with those.

I don't see the issue with propping up the business with guys who may "only" 5 years left in the tank. That's a lot of time you can use to build up the next class of young guys, and really, it's fine to even make some guys in his late 30's your biggest star.

The issue I have is when the same people who say the type of thing in your post ("there's nothing wrong with propping up with the business with guys who are only going to be around a few more years or who are old") are against people who aren't their favs for entirely hypocritical reasons ("fuck Big Show, screw Kane, they're old, hogging the spotlight, and aren't going to be around much longer #PleaseRetire")

Zach

What's considered its darkest days? I watched from the Fox Sports era up til the Fortune storyline I think and got bored up until the Matt Hardy storyline.
Why did you stop during the Fortune storyline? I googled and see it's Horsemen, Jr. which, of course, sounds great to a fantasy booker such as myself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ECW with its original music does nothing for me.

ECW's best bits were outside talent coming in to get scouted by WCW/WWF and the promo work from 1994-1996.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Joseph Park? No fucking way... Hardy continues to dazzle and surprise

Mahonay

Banned
The issue I have is when the same people who say the type of thing in your post ("there's nothing wrong with propping up with the business with guys who are only going to be around a few more years or who are old") are against people who aren't their favs for entirely hypocritical reasons ("fuck Big Show, screw Kane, they're old, hogging the spotlight, and aren't going to be around much longer #PleaseRetire")
...except where most of Kane's and Big Show's output has been objectively bad over the past 3 years...at least. Guys like AJ are objectively good workers and stars.

And-you-can't-teach-that

Friend, I am anticipating the shit out of the inevitable Kane vs Samoa Joe 3 stages of hell match.

Bo-lieve dat.

Fuck Alboredo he was never worth whatever money they were paying him in the first place, only time he was ever over was when he was with Ricardo and he was just siphoning off his personal ring announcer's heat.

Best Picture winners are typically shitty so sure

Birdman over Whiplash what the fuck

It's all politics and buying the right votes unless there's just something that can't be denied it's the studio who does the best job with the bribes.

That's the truth right there - there are two sides, for sure, and we'll likely see only one, and there'll likely be exaggerations.

Didn't know if her name carried any actual weight to it due to her WWE time. What female promotions are the biggest in the UK?

Only one I've ever heard of was Bellatrix which is her mother's promotion, coincidentally I imagined years ago that Paige would eventually go back there and give a boost to the promotions ran by her parents. I think she's always had aspirations beyond wrasslin' though.

I miss those late 90s/early-mid 2000s wrasslin' crowds, now it's just largely families who'll just sit on their hands or just parents let their snot nosed kids make noise.

Shit. Forgot to watch.

image.php

Bruh....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, the only bad thing I have to say about TNA this week is that Michael Bennett is just awful. Best weekly show of wrestling this week, for sure.

There were territory guys who did that in a month. Hell, in lucha, almost everybody has jumped back 'n' forth between AAA and CMLL multiple times.
Good way to burn bridges but Alby is still so popular there, they're fine with it. I don't think he really did anything wrong when he left so, they'll be happy to have him back. I wonder will he go back to roh and do something again. I enjoyed his small run.

I miss those late 90s/early-mid 2000s wrasslin' crowds, now it's just largely families who'll just sit on their hands or just parents let their snot nosed kids make noise.

No, it's full of "smart" fans who won't react to anything unless they can do a chant from it or it's a bunch of flippy do's. Old Nitro & RAW crowds were full of drunk 20somethings going crazy over Meng and Scott Steiner punching each other or Goldberg spearing somebody.

...except where most of Kane's and Big Show's output has been objectively bad over the past 3 years...at least. Guys like AJ are objectively good workers and stars.

And-you-can't-teach-that

We're talking about making money, not how many snowflakes Dave Meltzer will give a match. And guess what, if I show a picture of Kane, The Big Show, and AJ Styles to 100 'lapsed' wrestling fans, they'll recognize Kane & The Big Show as wrestlers and they'll ask me what emo band AJ Styles is in.

Honestly, the only bad thing I have to say about TNA this week is that Michael Bennett is just awful. Best weekly show of wrestling this week, for sure.

You'll hate him even more soon if Cody R gets his way

Cody R and Eden vs Bennett and Maria could be a big TNA feud

Top Bottom