• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Aiii

So not worth it
I didn't enjoy the games because they dumped a bunch of shitty mechanics in them to try and differentiate themselves from Ace Attorney.

I love the games, but yeah, the trials can be a real chore.

Especially the game where you have to combine two floating letters and spell a word and it takes forever and ever for the correct letters to appear. Sjees.

Strax

Whiplash is the Dean Ambrose of movies. One trick pony with nothing else going for it.

And those saying it was better than Birdman is lol. Birdman was more authentic and insightful to the world of theatre and actors than whiplash was to the jazz scene and musicians.

If I had to point to one movie ever made that represents style over substance it would be Birdman and given how The Revenant was made and shot Iñárritu seems to be going for Wes Anderson title.

Paige has seen some shit in her time in WWE. She could make this a real mess if she wants to.

NB3lkSF.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worst thing about WWE using indie dudes? Reading all of your shitty, shitty opinions. So shitty.
Boots "shooting"!!! Omg!

I never really considered myself a big grapplefuck or flippy fan, but after seeing people I've enjoyed a lot in PROGRESS and other promotions hop to WWE for this and be hated by the majority, I...I guess I am a flippy grapplefuck fan after all?

I've been really surprised so many people haven't taken to it at all.

klonere

Banned
My boss is confirmed a closet wrestling fan. Saw Seth vs Finn on the company Youtube watch history, which he has access to. Today we have someone leaving the office and he used the immortal "wish you luck in your future endeavors" line in our going away card.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My boss is confirmed a closet wrestling fan. Saw Seth vs Finn on the company Youtube watch history, which he has access to. Today we have someone leaving the office and he used the immortal "wish you luck in your future endeavors" line in our going away card.
Let him know you are the architect of that company. Or maybe when someone asks a question go "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeellllllllll" and see if they go "it's the big show"

Browny

Banned

Ask him if he needs anything deleting. Or if something goes wrong, mention about getting worked into a shoot.

Or just pull a Fox and shoot for the single-leg takedown when he walks out of his office.

Roman is only 6'3" and barely has any cuts

Roman would not have been a top guy in the 80s. Unless you mean the top guy of some nothing territory in the middle of nowhere

Roman would be barefoot, wearing a grass skirt and eating raw fish if he was around in the 80s with an inability to speak English. But at least he'd probably have a mouth piece so he wouldn't have to cut promos himself.

Is Ho Ho Lun already penciled in for Mania's Main Event

Gotta get that China money, too much untapped potential. Ho Ho = future WWE champ!

Striker

Well 80s roman would have super cut due to all the roids he would be taking, he would have been a huge star.
He would be outclassed by every dude trying to do a promo. Unless, by chance, he got lucky and was managed by Heenan. Even then, he wouldn't be anywhere near the main event. For all of Warrior's shortcomings, he knew how to operate the crowd.

And I can't stress this enough: backstage promos >>>>>>>>>>>>> in ring talk

Ithil

Same as MMA I would assume. Winner of a round gets 10 points by default, opponent gets 9 or 8 points, depending on how they did in the round.

The problem is the crowd doesn't know any of that unless some are big MMA fans. So it's just a wrestling match with random breaks that ends with a pinfall anyway so far.

Menome

Oxenfree is pretty neat and I highly recommend it. It's a neat little thing. Might take you a few hours.

Finished Oxenfree today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have you ever watched the horror film Trianagle? If not, I highly recommend it and to do so without reading anything, even the blurb on the back-cover.

Jamie OD

Final Deletion is the wrestling equivalent of a horror franchise. There'll be at least 6 of them with diminishing returns by the time it's done but it's still goofy enough to enjoy on some level.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Final Deletion is the wrestling equivalent of a horror franchise. There'll be at least 6 of them with diminishing returns by the time it's done but it's still goofy enough to enjoy on some level.

Don't know about that. Delete or Decay was better than Final Deletion for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Oxenfree today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have you ever watched the horror film Trianagle? If not, I highly recommend it and to do so without reading anything, even the blurb on the back-cover.
Glad you liked it. Putting it on my list. Will check it out when I have time, and won't read a thing!

Ithil

I think Ember Moon has mega potential at least in terms of an Asuka vs Ember Moon match. That's clearly where they are going but they need to make a few important changes:

- Less face pandering in her entrance. People don't like her because she cares about the audience, they like her because she is cool
- Less selling in her matches, she needs to be more dominant
- Get those vampire contact lenses back in. I don't like the current trend of normal match / special match LIMIT BREAK mode attire that seems to be started with Finn. People should be in character at all times or you lose something.
- I realise this is probably set but I don't think he theme fully fits here either and although I do like the attire, I'd make it darker blue/black.

What I think you've got here is potentially an extremely over cool anti-hero babyface supernatural gimmick which they are fucking up every little detail of while still just barely getting the core idea across.

I really hope they tweak this and get it where it needs to be because I like the way she moves around.

And one final point, but this is a lost cause - the hair extensions. Jesus christ get rid of them. Can't a woman just have normal women's hair instead of this anime nonsense? Sasha looks WORSE with the dumb all pink. Naomi looks worse with the green extensions. Becky looks worse with the orange peel dye.. Ember Moon looks worse with these bloinde extension for no reason .And worst of all, they look DUMB. I really wish they'd ditch that.

Stop trying to differentiate the women by their colour pallettes. They aren't just alternative costumes on Player 3: Woman. Give them more solid gimmicks and follow through on them through storylines. The options shouldn't be a) blonde b) anime.

I hate the 40 foot luminous hair everyone has to have. Becky with her natural hair is like night and day.

brunettevqsxu.jpg

The dark red hair she had in NXT was fine, too, same with Sasha's darker hair she had then. Asuka's bright hair works with her gear and her shorter hairstyle, but most of them just look silly, and colour coordinating them like we can't tell them apart is dumb.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roman is only 6'3" and barely has any cuts

Roman would not have been a top guy in the 80s. Unless you mean the top guy of some nothing territory in the middle of nowhere
Roman is a super good looking dude and is a fantastic worker by 80s standards. What are you people smoking?

The only reason Roman isn't the most popular guy now is the rise of smarks in audiences. The formula they are using with Roman is legit the same formula they use with everyone. Winning constantly has always been the biggest key to success in wrestling it's just that smarks found a reason to boo the guy.

The biggest problem with the guy is Vince's obsession with getting him over as a babyface, not that nobody cares about him.

Fox318

I wonder if Matt Hardy goes around the neighbourhood before shooting these to inform his neighbours that no, in fact, his house is not exploding and they're just playing with fireworks for shits and giggles and they don't have to call 911.
They know that Matt always shoots.

What would Paige do outside of the WWE? Following Del Rio around would only make her options worse given the bridge burning he's spent the past year or so doing.

Can't wait for Alberto Vel Ociraptor and Podge to arrive in TNA.

Punk made weight. Hope he is okay.

I hope he's ready to win, for your sake. Did the Landis avatar teach you anything about bad betting decisions?

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk made weight. Hope he is okay.

Mickey immediately running to him and asking if he made wait. Punk worked him like a motherfucker and got in his head. Mickey was already imagining what to buy with the 200k he would have gotten from Punk's purse, only to be shut down by the guy that was never in fear of not making weight.

Worked like the little kid he is. Punk gonna beat his ass.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem is that there are so few opportunities for female wrestlers outside of WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope he's ready to win, for your sake. Did the Landis avatar teach you anything about bad betting decisions?
I made this bet knowing it was foolish, but nobody would have accepted it the other way. Punk is going to get worked over to a supreme degree. I have no doubt about this.

I made the bet because I like applying "high stakes" on mundane shit. Now, it has weight and more of a reason for me to watch. It's fun! I'll take most any bet just for the fun of it.

Angry Grimace

I made this bet knowing it was foolish, but nobody would have accepted it the other way. Punk is going to get worked over to a supreme degree. I have no doubt about this.

I made the bet because I like applying "high stakes" on mundane shit. Now, it has weight and more of a reason for me to watch. It's fun! I'll take most any bet just for the fun of it.

1-800-GAMBLER

Mahonay

Banned
If Punk wins tonight tomorrow night I'll review any crap PPV/show on the Network of WrassleGAF's choosing.

The Sunny Mac Memorial Review series

A year though? WrassleGaf needs its chairman.

If Punk goes down, you need to post the Vince's exploding limo gif before you depart.

Top Bottom