• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Browny

Banned
A year though? WrassleGaf needs its chairman.

Shao Kahn military coup incoming...

gun_haver

I hate the 40 foot luminous hair everyone has to have. Becky with her natural hair is like night and day.

brunettevqsxu.jpg

The dark red hair she had in NXT was fine, too, same with Sasha's darker hair she had then. Asuka's bright hair works with her gear and her shorter hairstyle, but most of them just look silly, and colour coordinating them like we can't tell them apart is dumb.

That's exactly what it is - 'These women can't get over just by going out there and being women. Sure when we could strip them down to their underwear, it got people's attention - but a bunch of brunettes out there doing wrestling moves? No no no, we need a tornado of neon swooshing around the ring.'

I'm not saying dying your hair is stupid necessarily, it's just the obnoxiousness of the bright pastel colours and extensions going on that get applied to EVERYBODY who isn't blonde except Bayley.

Eva Marie can get a pass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Avatar ready. I won't be posting much during the event, since I'll be out of towne, but I will be watching live. Once the dust settles, I'll make my request and wait, so don't expect it to be instant. However I am a man of my word, so it'll happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone ever gone from a "you're rehired, welcome back" to "you're fired" quicker than Del Rio just has?

Certainly. It sounds insane but he's been here for over a year.

Yeah, I know, it feels like he just came back as well, but no.

I guess the question is where does he go? LU Season 3 is already done, right?

I guess float the indies or try NJPW? I just don't see him going over well in NJPW

Aiii

So not worth it
Ate Kangaroo meat at a chinese restaurant last sunday.

Wasn't awful, but wasn't great, to be honest, kangaroo's are obviously overrated.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny you should ask the folks in the avatar request thread if they can fix your avatar to have the year you started on GAF and 2016.
Lol, I'll be alright. That'd be fun if it said Neogaf Vince McMahon, but I'm betting my av will vanish

Jamie OD

Has anyone ever gone from a "you're rehired, welcome back" to "you're fired" quicker than Del Rio just has?

Vince Russo was rehired by WWE back in 2002 and only lasted two days. Apparently he went to town when he pitched his ideas. Wanted to do stuff like a complete reboot with all titles vacated.

klonere

Banned
Vince Russo was rehired by WWE back in 2002 and only lasted two days. Apparently he went to town when he pitched his ideas. Wanted to do stuff like a complete reboot with all titles vacated.

I'm pretty sure he also pitched an alien invasion angle.

Or was that Sullivan in the dying days of WCW.

Mahonay

Banned
Bro, this totally worked before back in dubaya cee dubayoo. Ratings went up for like one week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this thread is for discussing wrestling and politics.
Y'all are free to turn this place into an uncontested shitpile if you like, I'm only one voice!

Ithil

Roman is a super good looking dude and is a fantastic worker by 80s standards. What are you people smoking?

The only reason Roman isn't the most popular guy now is the rise of smarks in audiences. The formula they are using with Roman is legit the same formula they use with everyone. Winning constantly has always been the biggest key to success in wrestling it's just that smarks found a reason to boo the guy.

The biggest problem with the guy is Vince's obsession with getting him over as a babyface, not that nobody cares about him.

Imagine Reigns trying to cut a promo with people like Macho Man, or Dusty, or Flair or Arn, or fucking anyone in the 1980s. Jumpin' Jeff Reigns going full...force.

Anth0ny

Roman is a super good looking dude and is a fantastic worker by 80s standards. What are you people smoking?

The only reason Roman isn't the most popular guy now is the rise of smarks in audiences. The formula they are using with Roman is legit the same formula they use with everyone. Winning constantly has always been the biggest key to success in wrestling it's just that smarks found a reason to boo the guy.

The biggest problem with the guy is Vince's obsession with getting him over as a babyface, not that nobody cares about him.

he will never live down the day he won the royal rumble and daniel bryan was dumped over the top rope like a simple jobber

that's all there is to it. that's always what it comes back to.

Top Bottom