• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

klonere

Banned
I got you a thing that'll make it pale in comparison

oCEh1YR.jpg

gods dead

Mahonay

Banned
I thought Delete or Decay was largely awful. I enjoyed the Final Deletion for being a goofy, self-aware piece of business that pushed the entertainment aspect of the business further than ever before. It's successor felt like a step too far into intentional shlock, like the Birdemic movie or Sharknado 4. Basically, media that's intentionally shitty tends to be exactly that. Shitty. Which is what Delete or Decay was.

I'll admit though, that shovel gif is aces.
I really enjoyed the couple of vignettes inserted during the show a lot more than the actual Delete or Decay it's self. But those vignettes were so fucking good I didn't even care that the actual event felt tepid compared to Final Deletion.

Ithil

Apart from Tye I can't think of an act that has an interesting character or in ring style that comes from the PC. This is more than "indie cred". Crews wasn't that over by the end of his run. Crowe flopped hard. TM61 are just about recovering now.

PC tends to churn out some real boring ass wrestlers.

American Alpha?

Y'all playing any of them kideos this weekend?

I'm gonna try that free Overwatch. But really, NX can't come fast enough. I need something new to get excited about.

Excited to see AJ snatch the strap. I assume the only way Dean retains is with some brand of fuckery.

Miz is a grand slam champion no? Just never won the rumble or king of the ring.

Then again, Del Rio won fucking everything.
The 14th Grand Slam champ and the 25th Triple Crown champ.

Miz is a guy I can see still working for the WWE even when he's finished as wrestler. Maybe a trainer or commentator or whatever. He's an easy future Hall of Famer.

Yeah I'm gonna give Overwatch a go for the free weekend. It will be my first time playing it.

Good. I hope there are a bunch of fellow noobz so I don't feel out of place. People compare it to Splatoon in terms of being extremely easy to pick up and enjoy but allowing high level play over time, so that's cool. Entering my 30's has made me casual as fuck.

Mahonay

Banned
Good. I hope there are a bunch of fellow noobz so I don't feel out of place. People compare it to Splatoon in terms of being extremely easy to pick up and enjoy but allowing high level play over time, so that's cool. Entering my 30's has made me casual as fuck.
Eh, it's heavily class based and each class has their role on the team to push the objective. There's quite a bit more to it than Splatoon. But as far as just picking up the controls and going, it's a pretty casual experience.

Mahonay

Banned
in this shenmue endurance run on giant bomb
It's hilarious how they are already breaking down and losing it on the 6th episode. I knew immediately they were in for a bad time when Vinny could barely get a handle on the walking controls, and still really has no idea that you can just first person zoom into every single thing/person in the game so you don't have to tank control yourself into position.

They haven't even opened Ryo's desk in his bedroom.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shenmue sucks. It always has sucked. But since it is the last dying gasp of Sega's home console business and created by a legitimate genius of the industry people still cling to it.

Fuck I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of the Shenmue III backers actually played that turd. They're just in it for the mystique, the legend.

Mahonay

Banned
Shenmue sucks. It always has sucked. But since it is the last dying gasp of Sega's home console business and created by a legitimate genius of the industry people still cling to it.

Fuck I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of the Shenmue III backers actually played that turd. They're just in it for the mystique, the legend.
Look. I have a Dreamcast still. I played Shenmue as recently as 2 years ago. I still had a great time with it.

It's a shit video game, but a unique experience and something I enjoy mostly for nostalgia.

Kaladin

Jericho's podcast with Kevin Owens is amazing this week. It still amazes me that WWE allows these shows to happen with all of the behind the scenes shooting that goes on with them.

Highly recommended listening

Mahonay

Banned
Jericho's podcast with Kevin Owens is amazing this week. It still amazes me that WWE allows these shows to happen with all of the behind the scenes shooting that goes on with them.

Jericho gets tons of leeway since he's always been a great worker for them and now a general when he's in the locker room. The put high value on guys that act as a guiding hand both behind the scenes and in the ring.

bjork

It's a shit video game, but a unique experience and something I enjoy mostly for nostalgia.

This is probably the healthiest way to describe it. If you were there at the time, it was definitely a novelty to be able to buy toys and open drawers, but nothing about it holds up now. Even in its day, there were probably PC adventure games that handled the passage of time far better.

"No headbutts, no suicide dives, basically no stupid shit. Be safe, like The Miz!"

Kaladin

Jericho gets tons of leeway since he's always been a great worker for them and now a general when he's in the locker room. The put high value on guys that act as a guiding hand both behind the scenes and in the ring.

Yeah, between Jericho, Stone Cold and Jim Ross podcasts are putting the shoot interview industry out of business.

Top Bottom