• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

And people are acting like he's going to walk away unfazed from this :p

I find it weird in numerous aspects

For one, these same people thought he betrayed them by leaving the company

For another, some of them don't see any hypocrisy issue from him

Lastly, a sizable amount, not just of them but in general, have this belief that money really does save and solve everything, counter all negatives, and do all good in life. A thing I've never been able to grasp people believing. Why, do they think this means there's a chance for them too?

eK2ZMWJ.gif

Shoot for a leg

It will do wonders

That right hand though.

Someone in the UFC thread said Punk was trying to automatically break the hold by putting his foot on the cage.

I'm crying.

I saw it, and that was my first thought (but then I'd figured he was using it to re position himself)

It's also interesting to note that Rogan stated as much as he loves Punk, he felt Punk should have started off in the amateurs (or TUF)

There are probably people in this thread that could last longer than punk.

I don't know about last, but for even the bottomest of the bottom posters here, it's physically impossible to land less strikes than Punk did. So hey, on the slim chance you actually connect with something, congrats on that win!

Fox318

I'm actually shocked that Punks team wanted him to come out like that.

Him getting shot on by a wrestler like Gall would have been my number one concern.

That and getting counter punched but we already knew that Gall wanted to get this fight on the ground.

Punks gonna learn real hard what it's like to lose a fight with such high stakes and a permanent record.

For a guy like him that got so wrapped up with how he was booked its going to be a tough thing to live with and move one from.

https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/774826430060388352

Glenn Gilbernetti ‏@TheRealDisco 1h1 hour ago
I think the biggest take away from tonight is, as sadly as it is true, is that anyone can be a pro wrestler, but not a UFC fighter.

Pretty much

UFC followers here might remember, eerily similar to this, James Toney. That was another "welcome to the big leagues and get the fuck out don't ever come back thinking you can do this" moment

Fox318

https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/774826430060388352

Glenn Gilbernetti ‏@TheRealDisco 1h1 hour ago
I think the biggest take away from tonight is, as sadly as it is true, is that anyone can be a pro wrestler, but not a UFC fighter.
Ehh that are different toolsets and punk was trying to be an mma fighter.

Right now the UFC is the elite of the elite right now.

Even if Punk want to Bellator or WSOF there are some fantastic fighters there that might not be in the 1% that would wipe the floor.

Punk did nothing in that fight. He came out way to agressive like somebody who doesn't have a plan and his work off his back was horrible.

In that show that showed punk sparring with guys that were told not to hurt him.

Gall was a guy that was trying to hurt him and Punk really didn't know what that was like. Its something else to take an elbow to the face.

Striking is fucking tough and it takes time to get the instincts to know when and where to move and when you include takedowns with it it's a whole nother ball game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was Punk at least paid enough to not worry and just retire?

Or did he make that sort of bank in the WWE already and this was just for funsies?

Eva Marie is nothing if not surprising.

Deadline reported yesterday that the currently-suspended SmackDown Live superstar is to co-star in a thriller movie with Nicolas Cage and Faye Dunaway. The movie is titled ‘Inconceivable’ and filming begins next month.

No news has leaked regarding the role that Eva Marie will play, however Deadline referenced the WWE star as Natalie Marie from ‘Total Divas’ on E. Nicky Whelan will also star in the movie, which is due to be directed by Jonathan Baker. The script is provided by Chloe King.

The movie centres on an abused single mother attempting to befriend her life, getting close to a married couple along the way whose intentions may be less than noble. Eva Marie is rumoured to be playing the part of the married woman who the single mother befriends, with Cage playing Eva’s husband.

Surprisingly, WWE Films is not involved in any way. Eva Marie hasn’t exactly set the world alight when it comes to acting ability, so her casting in a movie featuring renowned names should come as something approaching a surprise.

http://mean.pk/eva-marie-to-star-in-nicolas-cage-movie/

Should be interesting to see someone who's job is to act but can't act, try to act.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's rich out the ass. This has always been a dream of his. In his mind, he wanted to give this a shot, fail or not, rather than look back in regret for at least not trying.

So it IS exactly like Jon Favreau on Friends the. Uncanny. Well good for him then.

Was Punk at least paid enough to not worry and just retire?

Or did he make that sort of bank in the WWE already and this was just for funsies?

I think he said he had $20mill in the bank when the left WWE so he is set.

This was just a bucket list thing.

Wonder what he will do next. Wonder when that dang lawsuit will happen and he can finally have WWE off his ass.

Fox318

He's rich out the ass. This has always been a dream of his. In his mind, he wanted to give this a shot, fail or not, rather than look back in regret for at least not trying.
Punk did the UFC for the money.

Big Dave did it the right way. Smaller show and while the guy wasn't a can he wasn't an up and comer to Galls extent.

Punk should have just fought an amateur fight or hell he should have toured and did every grappling tournment he could get into.

Punks new gimmick should be doing random things he wanted to do as a teenager but now can try now that he his rich and famous but messing it up each time.

I want to see Punk at the X-games bailing dropping into a vert ramp.

I want to see Punk in a shitty band on the main stage of a festival failing to do a solo

I want to see Punk in a race car and being lapped.

cordy

Banned

Nah, surely AJ makes him tap out at home.
Punks new gimmick should be doing random things he wanted to do as a teenager but now can try now that he his rich and famous but messing it up each time.

I want to see Punk in a shitty band on the main stage of a festival failing to do a solo

LMAO

Jopie

I think Tim Tebow is already doing this, him and Punk should team up for a really depressing reality show.

Adree

In case anyone missed it the latest Talk is Jericho with Kevin Owens is a supreme delight. Hearing him talk about going up to Vince all the time to discuss things and not sending a producer to do it shows that he knows how to be a star in this business.

I love the midlife crisis punk gimmick as well, can't wait to see him try Formula 1.

RIP in peace Sunny Mac, I guess the place will now be run by your idiot daughter and your doofus son in law.

Sephzilla

Once Punk let's everything sink in he should seriously reevaluate his MMA career. Dude literally got no offense in and got exposed in pretty much every way

cordy

Banned
Once Punk let's everything sink in he should seriously reevaluate his MMA career. Dude literally got no offense in and got exposed in pretty much every way

Yeah.

At this point, Punk needs to be done with the MMA thing and look in other directions. Booker T mentioned children so maybe he just needs to do comic books, be a father to AJ's kids and just find a better job for him. He doesn't have to come back to the WWE or wrestling in general but he needs to be smarter for a man of his age.

Yeah.

At this point, Punk needs to be done with the MMA thing and look in other directions. Booker T mentioned children so maybe he just needs to do comic books, be a father to AJ's kids and just find a better job for him. He doesn't have to come back to the WWE or wrestling in general but he needs to be smarter for a man of his age.

I'm 37, it's not that old yo.

That said, i'm not contemplating an MMA career. I'm quite happy with my virgin nose intact.

Top Bottom