• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Marvel

could never
Yeah I thought Punk would lose, but watching his post fight conference I feel for the guy. He really is passionate about it all. Was not expecting the tears.

Imagine if Backlash has the swinging hooks again tonight.

oprah-stare-gifnzafy.gif

RBH

CrQIbSoVIAAVar8.jpg

20160823_Backlash_DeanAJ--ffa3cfc4e846b10e034d75cb46eedc18.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. AJ Styles

20160906_Backlash_SDTagTitleBracket_BELTS_V2--90de513fa68f24515370398302b29bee.jpg

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Tournament Semifinals and Finals: The Usos vs. Hype Bros (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley), followed by the winner facing Heath Slater and Rhyno

20160823_Backlash_6Woman--93e2436a6a9995fa5c225d3c0502b05e.jpg

SmackDown Women’s Championship Six-Pack Challenge Elimination Match: Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella vs. Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss

20160830_Backlash_MizZiggler--29a1ca6f2c84546d3ccc8c019ebfa330.jpg

Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

20160830_Backlash_OrtonBray--89e479c37c67f88e7ddd480e729aac62.jpg

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

hamchan

I for one think Punk should keep following his dreams and continue his MMA career!

If there's one thing I learnt from my Japanese animes, it's that those people at the bottom, the people with no talent, no ability and no hope like CM Punk right now, always have a secret weapon they discover hidden inside them that can shoot them straight to the top!

Aiii

So not worth it
With a card like that my ongoing hiatus from wrestling is gonna go splendidly. Who would even want to watch any of that shit?

kiguel182

That isn't that bad.

I'm mildly interested in most matches except for Miz/Ziggler (unless Bryan is involved).

The main-event is the final test for Ambrose. If he can't have a good match with AJ he should just give up.

Haven't been on for a while figured I'd come in for the punk reaction here. Is the picture circling on social media with hhh smiling with the punk fight in the background a photoshop work or shoot ?

I'm fully expecting both first Brand-Exclusive PPV's to have some meh cards. I don't think it's too bad. I am curious to see how AJ vs Ambrose turns out in terms of match quality and I'm excited enough for the women's six pack elimination challenge match. Randy vs Bray could be a good match, with Bray hopefully winning (or hell, I dunno, Luke Harper does a run-in).

That isn't that bad.

I'm mildly interested in most matches except for Miz/Ziggler (unless Bryan is involved).

The main-event is the final test for Ambrose. If he can't have a good match with AJ he should just give up.
There's marks in here excited for a Miz match. In two-thousand and sixteen. 😂😂😂

Mahonay

Banned
There's marks in here excited for a Miz match. In two-thousand and sixteen. 😂😂😂
Eh, Miz is still one of their best promos hands down and has a great presence. But yeah, actually watching his matches usually leaves something to be desired.

Wait, two hours? I thought Backlash was gonna be three.

Eh, Miz is still one of their best promos hands down and has a great presence. But yeah, actually watching his matches usually leaves something to be desired.
I'm fine with a Miz match.

However I'm not fine with his billionth match with Ziggler over the IC title.

bjork

Punk got paid and got to do a thing he wanted to do. Good on him.

As far as Sunny goes, Jack Tunney would overturn his ban since it wasn't officially sanctioned by a mod. But we all need a forum break, so I get it.

End of the NeoGAF Vince McMahon era, the swerve would be if the agreement we wouldn't see Vince McMahon post again but nothing being said about using the same account with a new name but that wasn't what was booked.

The only surprise in that fight was that Punk made it two minutes, should've been over in less than a minute.
http://mean.pk/eva-marie-to-star-in-nicolas-cage-movie/

Should be interesting to see someone who's job is to act but can't act, try to act.

Eva playing Cage's wife... Yup, that's some Hollywood booking.

bjork

End of the NeoGAF Vince McMahon era, the swerve would be if the agreement we wouldn't see Vince McMahon post again but nothing being said about using the same account with a new name but that wasn't what was booked.

\/ince McMahon incoming

or Vince |\/IcMahon

The women's match is likely set to go a while, at least past twenty or twenty five minutes, or else they probably wouldn't have made it an elimination match.

I fully expect the main event to go quite some time too.

The women's match is likely set to go a while, at least past twenty or twenty five minutes, or else they probably wouldn't have made it an elimination match.

I fully expect the main event to go quite some time too.

Only if the less experienced get eliminated in the first five. It's almost a given Nikki will eliminate Carmella.

Savitar

Thought on the Punk fight as follows:

He tried and good for him for doing so, not everyone would.

If nothing else this might teach him a bit of humility too as he can be a dick.

Only if the less experienced get eliminated in the first five. It's almost a given Nikki will eliminate Carmella.
My prediction is Natalya eliminated first, then Naomi (but I could see it being Naomi first, then Natalya, but regardless they're the first two out), then Carmella (by Nikki as you said), then Nikki (from Carmella shenanigans with Alexa scoring the pin) and the final two is Alexa vs Becky.

Top Bottom