• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Once Punk let's everything sink in he should seriously reevaluate his MMA career. Dude literally got no offense in and got exposed in pretty much every way

What career?!

I really don't see Punk settling for less than UFC considering the tower he puts himself in and still does even after this fight. Dana basically saying he shouldn't fight in the UFC, dude straight up got cut. In that I say wrap it up, Punk. It is aaaallllll over.

RBH

I'm watching Goldberg vs. Raven from WCW Nitro in April '98 on the WWE Network now.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're using Goldberg's original WCW theme song instead of dubbing it over with his shitty WWE theme.

Did they always use his original WCW theme on the WWE Network and I just missed it?

cordy

Banned
I'm 37, it's not that old yo.

That said, i'm not contemplating an MMA career. I'm quite happy with my virgin nose intact.

Yep that's what I'm saying. It's just not smart of him to do this at his age. Maybe if he were younger with no wife with less miles on him but not like this. I'm not saying he's like Rocky in Rocky Balboa. I'm saying he's Rocky in (shivers) Rocky V with no kid.

Except Rocky won that street fight.

I'm watching Goldberg vs. Raven from WCW Nitro in April '98 on the WWE Network now.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're using Goldberg's original WCW theme song instead of dubbing it over with his shitty WWE theme.

Did they always use his original WCW theme on the WWE Network and I just missed it?

I've been watching some of the 1998 WCW PPV's and they have his shitty WWE theme dubbed in. Really takes you out of the moment!

As for Punk, my initial reaction after watching his 'fight' this morning was 'what a complete and utter clown'. This whole experiment has made the wrestling and MMA businesses look like a complete joke. He should never of been afforded the treatment he was given and basically stole a pay day from another fighter who would of actually had a chance of staying off his back for more than 30 seconds. And to think they even indulged him by referring to him as CM Punk. What a joke.

eK2ZMWJ.gif

Shit looks like a Mickey Gall character reveal in a Capcom fighting game.

I don't know if it's the slow motion but it looks like Punk had no idea how to approach a real fight. Just projecting everything from the get go.

rrc1594

CM Punk was a mark that worked himself into s shoot that ended in a choke. Anyone who thought this guy was going to win fooling themselves. He will come back stronger? LMAO

Heroman

Banned
Punk probably never thought he was going to win. This was a thing for pride and his bucket. At the end of the day you truly respect that.

rrc1594

"Well at least you tried" This ain't no motherfucking Disney movie! He look like a clown who had no reason to be there. Bucket list my ass it was the size of his ego.

cordy

Banned
These Punk fans reacting to the fight on Youtube has to be one of the funniest things I've seen this year. The videos start with them not caring about Mickey (some not even knowing his name) and then they end up respecting Mickey when he punks out Punk lmao.

orioto

Good Art™
That was almost as satisfying as Cena/Lesnar. I was laughing the whole time.

Thx god Lashley is here to save the "wrestling is real" team.

his punches to mickey gall while he was mounted were so bad. they shouldn't even be called punches really, they looked like the lightest of love taps. they made ambrose's offence look deadly.

kiguel182

Last night I dreamed that Carlito won the WWE championship at Backlash and that the WWE got tons of exposure because of Punk. I was pissed as hell that AJ wasn't champ and vowed to stop watching the product.

Honestly, pretty realistic.

Zach

Punks new gimmick should be doing random things he wanted to do as a teenager but now can try now that he his rich and famous but messing it up each time.

I want to see Punk at the X-games bailing dropping into a vert ramp.

I want to see Punk in a shitty band on the main stage of a festival failing to do a solo

I want to see Punk in a race car and being lapped.
funkystudent is a creative genius.

Zach

There's a PPV tonight, right? I bet if Punk's mentioned it'll be by someone on the talk talk panel thing. And it'll be a positive shout-out and congratulations on the bold attempt. If Vince still cares about him returning to papa, that is.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There's a PPV tonight, right? I bet if Punk's mentioned it'll be by someone on the talk talk panel thing. And it'll be a positive shout-out and congratulations on the bold attempt. If Vince still cares about him returning to papa, that is.
Vince cares. Vince would kill to have a star like Punk return. Like it or not Punk is a draw and Vince knows it.

Sephzilla

I kind of feel bad for Punk because he went through two years of training and didn't even get to show off a single bit of offense. But that's also the exact reason someone should tell him to stop. He didn't get beat by some lucky punch or by judges. He got meticulously destroyed and looked greener than Nia Jax

Barrage

Another perk of last night's "fight" is that it should kill the CM Punk chant dead. Any Heel should now see that chant as the ultimate slow pitch down the middle.

Top Bottom