• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Slater's kids will finally get to experience real cheese instead of that canned crap after tonight.

old-man-crying.gif

Slater's kids will finally get to experience real cheese instead of that canned crap after tonight.

old-man-crying.gif
I've got bad news for you, Uce.

Usos get maximum heel heat when they win.

Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt are in a feuuuuuuud?!?!?!?!

I watched every episode of Smackdown, what the hell
They've had a decent amount of segments contributed to the feud every week since Summerslam.

I don't remember but has AJ had a match with dean yet? gonna be interesting to see a ring god try to make such a sloppy dude look like a million bucks.

Fitts

Hey there, wrassleGAF! Was great having y'all in the UFC thread last night!

Serious question: should I watch Backlash tonight? Watched Raw because of Owens and it was so shit that I didn't feel like tuning into Smackdown. I think they're ran by two different writing teams though, right? Should I stop watching Raw altogether despite really enjoying some of the talent (Owens, Jericho) until the writing improves and just stick to Smackdown?

Serious question: should I watch Backlash tonight? Watched Raw because of Owens and it was so shit that I didn't feel like tuning into Smackdown. I think they're ran by two different writing teams though, right? Should I stop watching Raw altogether despite really enjoying some of the talent (Owens, Jericho) until the writing improves and just stick to Smackdown?
I don't watch Raw. I just watch the YouTube clips. I can't watch 3 hours of a middling at best TV show in 2016. Just can't. I've watched Smackdown ever since the split and a large part of that is just the show length. 2 hours is much more palatable. It still has its own issues though.

A 4 hour PPV is so absurd. I'm strongly considering just watching Styles/Ambrose as it's the only thing that feels like it matters in the long run and it's the only match I find compelling.

Why is it 4 hours. Why is it on NFL opening Sunday. Why.
He has and that was probably the worst match AJ has had in WWE so far.
When was this? I wanna go watch it and get angry.

He has and that was probably the worst match AJ has had in WWE so far.

lol. yikes..that was the only match i was looking forward to on backlash. might just skip.

actually nah i'll tune in for naomi's entrance and hopefully a becky win and then exit.

edit: only tuning in to backlash for the women's match. "The womans revolution is now" *sasha banks voice*

Pretty sure the AJ vs Dean match was the episode where they had the 'if you or Cena win your match, you get added to Battleground'. AJ distracted Cena so he lost, so he did the same.

bjork

Gotta go to a birthday party today, then back to car shopping. Still kinda pissed about the one not being there yesterday. Damn guy.

Mahonay

Banned
All I have to do today is clean up the house a bit, go out and get a few groceries, and play a bunch of Overwatch again because I couldn't stop playing yesterday. Then I guess I'll watch Backlash.

I was just gonna post that Overwatch was kind of disappointing. Gonna play a bit more today for sure, but I think I'll end up passing. I think it's a really well made game, but it's not really my genre and Splatoon is more fun so I'm not really hungry for a team based shooter. I imagine Overwatch plays much better on PC.

Gotta go to a birthday party today, then back to car shopping. Still kinda pissed about the one not being there yesterday. Damn guy.
Ah, if it was part of the build of an actual great feud then it sort of has an asterisk on it. Still interested if AJ can drag a good match out of Ambrose. More I think about it, more confident I am that Ambrose is going to retain. Earliest that AJ wins is probably Survivor Series but more likely the Rumble. Would be nice to be wrong.

Mahonay

Banned
I was just gonna post that Overwatch was kind of disappointing. Gonna play a bit more today for sure, but I think I'll end up passing. I think it's a really well made game, but it's not really my genre and Splatoon is more fun so I'm not really hungry for a team based shooter. I imagine Overwatch plays much better on PC.
Something about playing Roadhog is intensely satisfying to me. Hooking people with the chain just feels amazing. I've been wrecking house pretty much immediately, but I know at higher levels I will be forced to use other characters and I'm not sure if I care enough to do that.

I'm decent with Soldier 76 but he's boring.

I tried Reinhardt once and got absolutely shit on.

Zach

Welcome to Where the Big Boys Play.

Something about playing Roadhog is intensely satisfying to me. Hooking people with the chain just feels amazing. I've been wrecking house pretty much immediately, but I know at higher levels I will be forced to use other characters and I'm not sure if I care enough to do that.

I'm decent with Soldier 76 but he's boring.

I tried Reinhardt once and got absolutely shit on.

Gotta try Roadhog. Ratfink or whatever was good fun as was Tracer and the ninja dude. The matches just feel kind of repetitive to me. Maybe because I'm not building strategies as a team.

Fox318

End of the NeoGAF Vince McMahon era, the swerve would be if the agreement we wouldn't see Vince McMahon post again but nothing being said about using the same account with a new name but that wasn't what was booked.

The only surprise in that fight was that Punk made it two minutes, should've been over in less than a minute.

Eva playing Cage's wife... Yup, that's some Hollywood booking.
The black scorpion part 2

Mahonay

Banned

Stick to Smackdown, only watch RAW if you hear it was a good show, not worth completely wasting 3 hours when it's bad 75 percent of the time.

RAW PPVs will be more stacked than Smackdown PPVs just because they piled most of the roster onto RAW. We'll see how tonight's Smackdown PPV goes, I honestly don't know what to expect. I just hope it's not awful.

Zach

One hour preshow on the Network. So every PPV now is minimum 4 hours total

That's disgusting. But I still suggest doing what I generally do. Start watching from the beginning of the pre-show, like, an hour into the PPV proper. You can blow through so much of the pre-show and the commercials and the hype videos and the Stephanie McMahon promos. It makes it a lot better.

For the BackLash ot.

#WeHateWrestling
NeoGAF Vince McMahon
BewareTheBatsie
Barrage
Bronx-Man
FlammableD
sf2fanatic
Wagram
BlackFlip
Dr Duncan Steel
Tagyhag
notworksafe
Teeth
Intheflorsh
cordy
WouldYouKindly
ReiGun
Sweeney Tom
funkystudent
El Pescado
Anth0ny
reptilescorpio
klonere
hertog

Luschient

My problem last night was that I started drinking too early during college football games and by the time the Punk fight was on, I was fucking done.

Thought the PPV started at 8 CT so I had a roomful of people watching a generic "UFC ppv" screen for 15 mins until we realized it didn't start until 9. We thought Gall actually coming out to "Hey Micky" was the funniest shit. I was pumped as fuck when Punk's music hit and he was walking out.

Of course, what happened, happened.

In an alternate universe where their weight was closer to each other, we'd have a Punk v Brock fight next.

There's marks in here excited for a Miz match. In two-thousand and sixteen. 😂😂😂
When Miz cashed in his mitb you were what? 12? So in other words it's quite possible that you still had the same reaction as
kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif
sit your ass down Mark before I get the belt out.

For the BackLash ot.

#WeHateWrestling
NeoGAF Vince McMahon
BewareTheBatsie
Barrage
Bronx-Man
FlammableD
sf2fanatic
Wagram
BlackFlip
Dr Duncan Steel
Tagyhag
notworksafe
Teeth
Intheflorsh
cordy
WouldYouKindly
ReiGun
Sweeney Tom
funkystudent
El Pescado
Anth0ny
reptilescorpio
klonere
hertog
And yet #TeamPunkLoses won!

giphy.gif

bjork

fuck, blue

when you give me old man shit, I just go "ha, that silly youngster, I oughta give him a swirly."

when you are the old man, the fangs come out

Sure thing bro, I think you'd enjoy watching the real stuff tonight.

fuck, blue

when you give me old man shit, I just go "ha, that silly youngster, I oughta give him a swirly."

when you are the old man, the fangs come out
You're not playing the role correctly for me so I hijack the position and do it for you. If you're going to do it! Do it 200% brother!

When Miz cashed in his mitb you were what? 12? So in other words it's quite possible that you still had the same reaction as
kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif
sit your ass down Mark before I get the belt out.
Watching wrestling. In 2012.
jFQx19D.gif

Y'all a buncha mark ass bitches.

E: It was actually 2010. Even worse 😂😂😂😂😂

Top Bottom