• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wMhjtcb.gif
Up your butt! Aiii! All the way!

klonere

Banned
Kicking out of finishers has been the norm in WWE since 2010.

I love the selective memory. Fucking amazing.

...I've only been watching since 2014. The Owens/Cena match is the one that sticks out to me most as "a bunch of moves then a kick out".

Now in that limited time as a wrestling fan, I have watched back a lot of Kobashi matches, thanks to some excellent youtube comps of his title defenses and really got to like the guy a lot. And to have a finisher like that, that has never been kicked out of is super cool to me. So for Kendrick to bust it out and have it kicked out of, I dunno. Maybe I'm just extra sensitive to it.

Sephzilla

It been the norm since like WM 17

Taker/HBK at WM25 feels like the epicenter for the modern age of finisher spam/kickout though. Like, kicking out of finishers was definitely a thing that happened before but after WM25 it felt like it went to another level.

...I've only been watching since 2014. The Owens/Cena match is the one that sticks out to me most as "a bunch of moves then a kick out".

Now in that limited time as a wrestling fan, I have watched back a lot of Kobashi matches, thanks to some excellent youtube comps of his title defenses and really got to like the guy a lot. And to have a finisher like that, that has never been kicked out of is super cool to me. So for Kendrick to bust it out and have it kicked out of, I dunno. Maybe I'm just extra sensitive to it.

Yea watched a match last night where kobashi won with a lariat

Kaladin

So the CWC switched things up a bit and gave us Tozawa / Metalik and Ibushi / Kendrick this week.

What was WrassleGaf's thoughts on Ibushi / Kendrick? The live crowd hated the Dusty finish, but the match picked back up and actually saved itself from that. I've seen nothing but positive reviews from people who are usually critical of such matches online. When I watched it back, it was a fun well booked match with the Dusty finish being treated properly. Damn near close to the best match of the CWC so far IMO.

Recall

So the CWC switched things up a bit and gave us Tozawa / Metalik and Ibushi / Kendrick this week.

What was WrassleGaf's thoughts on Ibushi / Kendrick? The live crowd hated the Dusty finish, but the match picked back up and actually saved itself from that. I've seen nothing but positive reviews from people who are usually critical of such matches online. When I watched it back, it was a fun well booked match with the Dusty finish being treated properly. Damn near close to the best match of the CWC so far IMO.

Dusty Finish...

...you mean Kendrick won and then decision was reversed on a technicality?

What on earth is going on today.

Recall

CWC is ace.

Hope it's done every other year, or we could get it yearly but I'm not sure that's just burning though available talent a tad too quick.

klonere

Banned
CWC is ace.

Hope it's done every other year, or we could get it yearly but I'm not sure that's just burning though available talent a tad too quick.

I'm sure they could do it every year, there is a lot of talent out there. They wouldn't have to sign all of them either.

Me too. Hopefully he does a CWC project. It's not too long and lends itself well to reviewing.

Yeah I'd be really interested to get his take on the presentation giving his MMA knowledge. And what he thinks of DBry on commentary.

The weird finish thing was because Ibushi forgot that they were doing Japanese style 20 counts instead of American 10 counts.

It's probably the most Ibushi thing to happen apart from landing on his neck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think this month is the month I try to finish the Witcher.

Kaladin

The weird finish thing was because Ibushi forgot that they were doing Japanese style 20 counts instead of American 10 counts.

It's probably the most Ibushi thing to happen apart from landing on his neck.

Some folks I was with speculated that, but everyone agreed it was hard to tell. The neckbreaker on the exposed part of the turnbucle looked brutal as fuck and could have been planned to caused the count out. Even if Ibushi forgot the 10 count, they covered it well and didn't miss a beat on that.

Sephzilla

I kind of want to get a New 3DS, but at this point I should probably wait until some Pokemon bundle happens.

Yeah, and they keep having Directs about nothing instead of that.

WTF is Nintendo doing? I hope they seriously aren't planning on pulling a Sega and saying "The NX is available right now" or something

Top Bottom