• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

So Haku's on the Ric Flair Show podcast talking about beating people up.

Just told this story from Puerto Rico.

- He's out with the promoter's son (David) at a bar. David's with a girl he met there and having fun. Some random dude comes in with a posse and starts french kissing the girl and Haku's like "hey why are you doing that! My friend's having a good time with her, that's his girl, he's been buying her drinks" and the dude's like "She's my girl! Are you going to do something about it!"
- Haku slaps the guy, then Tongan death grips him and throws him through a 2nd story window (he lands on a sofa downstairs)
- All the guy's buddies try to fight them and Haku is fending them all off as they try to escape the bar in the hallway and going down the stairs. The bar owner is screaming at him "Why are you fighting my best customers?"
- They finally get outside and there's a bunch of Puerto Rican bikers there and Haku mistakes one of them for the people chasing them and clocks the biker. So now all the bikers are fighting with Haku too.
- A cop shows up and tries to arrest them and Haku clocks him and KOs him
- A bunch of other cops and tons of police cars show up and one of them points a shotgun at Haku's face, so he finally surrenders at this point
- He gets a rough ride in back of the van from the cops, while he's banging on the van on the inside screaming that he's going to kill the two policemen driving the van.
- Ends up never going back to Puerto Rico for the end of the trial
Haku needs a fucking video game. Guy is too much.

Joe Silva is a cool dude

It was his concept when the WEC was purchased to use it to highlight smaller fighters, stemming from his belief that smaller pro wrestlers like Jushin Liger were never given their due in American pro wrestling and that it was possible smaller fighters could become significant draws, which was proven at first by Urijah Faber in WEC with his match with Jens Pulver.

I never liked that move. The concept is good, but it would've only work in 1930 when people didn't know wrestling was fake... Today it just looks stupid and leaves too much to your imagination

It's legit one of the worst finishers ever. Umaga was a beast and an awesome heel but this move was such trash.

Mr Fuji was a shooter

If you were sitting across from Fuji, drinking a cup of coffee, he was liable to slip in some laxatives when you weren’t looking. It would be time to go to the ring and you’d be on the toilet, shitting your guts out. If he heard you on the phone, making airplane reservations, he’d d call up the airline after you hung up, and cancel your trip. You’d miss a booking, lose money, and Fuji would think it was funny.”

Dominic DeNucci noted another time Fuji got Blassie was when he was in the ring, Fuji took Blassie’s underwear and other things out of his bag, where he kept everything immaculate, and nailed it to the ceiling. When Blassie came back, and started to get mad, somebody said “Look up.”

Once in Philadelphia, when Lex Luger came in, with a reputation that he was above everyone, and at a restaurant, Fuji started talking to him and then started pissing all over his shoes

Now a Days a rib is stealing someone DS

they were heading down the road, they all started drinking Crown Royal and Fuji was plastered. After the show, in the dressing room, they found Fuji asleep with the empty bottle next to him. So they never ended up shooting any ducks, and drove Fuji back home to his apartment in Portland, next to a golf course.

When they got back in the early hours of the morning, after a 200 mile drive back home through the mountains, Fuji was still out cold. Mayne started pumping up the raft. He put the raft in the water. Mayne and Savage then took off all of Fuji’s clothes and put him in the raft. He then took his shotgun and put it on Fuji’s lap and pushed the raft into the middle of the pond. It was about 5 a.m. at this point.

There was a retirement home near the pond and the people started waking up and going for walks. Mayne and Savage hid out waiting for this, as older women started screaming, seeing a 260-pound unconscious naked man with a gun in the pond. They called the police, who came to arrest Fuji, who still was pretty much incoherent and had no idea what was going on. Savage told the story and said Fuji didn’t speak to them again for three months.

I never liked that move. The concept is good, but it would've only work in 1930 when people didn't know wrestling was fake... Today it just looks stupid and leaves too much to your imagination
One wrong move and your opponent could be forced to eat through a tube! Umaga should've held the main strap, he was so dominant.

I think The Club needs to take the titles from New Day. Enzo and Cass don't need the titles for credibility but The Club's 50/50 booking is hurting them so the titles could level it out.

imBask

Banned
One wrong move and your opponent could be forced to eat out of a tube! Umaga should've held the main strap, he was so dominant.

cmon friend it's the safest move of all time, the list of people who could fuck that up is pretty short and it starts with Rosa Mendes

Front page of CNN

Wrestler dies in ring.

PozSgJS.gif

Striker

I think The Club needs to take the titles from New Day. Enzo and Cass don't need the titles for credibility but The Club's 50/50 booking is hurting them so the titles could level it out.

They need a third member because New Day constantly uses the numbers advantage in their favor. For a babyface team, that's absurd.

Anth0ny

Just told this story from Puerto Rico.

- He's out with the promoter's son (David) at a bar. David's with a girl he met there and having fun. Some random dude comes in with a posse and starts french kissing the girl and Haku's like "hey why are you doing that! My friend's having a good time with her, that's his girl, he's been buying her drinks" and the dude's like "She's my girl! Are you going to do something about it!"
- Haku slaps the guy, then Tongan death grips him and throws him through a 2nd story window (he lands on a sofa downstairs)
- All the guy's buddies try to fight them and Haku is fending them all off as they try to escape the bar in the hallway and going down the stairs. The bar owner is screaming at him "Why are you fighting my best customers?"
- They finally get outside and there's a bunch of Puerto Rican bikers there and Haku mistakes one of them for the people chasing them and clocks the biker. So now all the bikers are fighting with Haku too.
- A bunch of other cops and tons of police cars show up and one of them points a shotgun at Haku's face, so he finally surrenders at this point
- He gets a rough ride in back of the van from the cops, while he's banging on the van on the inside screaming that he's going to kill the two policemen driving the van.
- Ends up never going back to Puerto Rico for the end of the trial

i'm fucking dying

don't count on Ibushi to do that! Motherfucker could get shot by a 12 gauge in the ring and still kick out at 2
Ibushi is like Chuck Norris, all the chips stacked up and he still overcomes it all. The difference is, it's fun with Chuck but Ibushi makes you want to give up. We need to ship him off to Puerto Rico circa 1970s to humble him, he'll learn!

As noted, Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton in “The Rematch” has been announced for the September 24th non-televised WWE live event from Chicago.

WWE decided to put Lesnar on the live event instead of the September 25th Clash of Champions pay-per-view from Indianapolis because his contract calls for different pay for live events than for pay-per-view events, which typically feature longer main event quality matches as opposed to quick squash matches.

WWE simply asked Lesnar to work the Chicago event and he agreed. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter adds that Lesnar chose his opponent based on who he felt was the best Superstar on the roster available that night, that he felt would mean the most at the box office.

bjork

Coworkers all up in my business last night, with what I guess was supposed to be some kind of positive commentary? "You're too smart to work here, don't you want to do something else?" "How come you don't have a girlfriend?" and that kind of shit. Like, leave me alone, I'm here because I made bad life choices, that's pretty much it.

Luschient

giphy.gif

Hasney

Ibushi is like Chuck Norris, all the chips stacked up and he still overcomes it all. The difference is, it's fun with Chuck but Ibushi makes you want to give up. We need to ship him off to Puerto Rico circa 1970s to humble him, he'll learn!

No, you're thinking of Curt Hawkins. Ibushi is like Curt Hawkins.

Still can't believe they okayed a Burning Hammer and the kick out. It could have been a really cool way to finish the tournament if they were okay with taking the risk but just using it as a near fall was dumb. They going to be throwing out Ganso Bombs like FUs in the final to top it?

Coworkers all up in my business last night, with what I guess was supposed to be some kind of positive commentary? "You're too smart to work here, don't you want to do something else?" "How come you don't have a girlfriend?" and that kind of shit. Like, leave me alone, I'm here because I made bad life choices, that's pretty much it.
You should've told them that your real job is WrassleGAF and they're the side job.
No, you're thinking of Curt Hawkins. Ibushi is like Curt Hawkins.
I hope he backs up his facts with silly vignettes showing him do some of the things that he claims.

Hasney

They going to be throwing out Ganso Bombs like FUs in the final to top it?

Fingers crossed!

I think it was more the veteran doing anything he possibly can to win it as his "last chance" and still coming up short. I doubt he'll add it to his signature moves now he's been signed for Raw.

klonere

Banned
I'm fine with them bringing back all these really cool dangerous moves without having people kicking out of them.

But Styles/Owensis the model for WWE main event matches now so EVERYTHING must be kicked out of.

Recall

CWC has established finishers.

No one has kicked out of the Metalik driver nor Ibushi's sit out powerbomb. They've won every match. No kick outs. Yet no one has seemingly noticed.

Kendrick is desperate and focuses on Ibushi's neck, going to extreme lengths to try and secure the victory and it still wasn't enough. It was a great match, but of course one little thing with Internet fans not enjoying a whole match but whinging about a move. Why even watch?

Reminds me when Sasha won the belt on Raw and we have people complaining it should have been saved for 'Mania. Never happy in the moment, they always know better.

Recall

I'm fine with them bringing back all these really cool dangerous moves without having people kicking out of them.

But Styles/Owensis the model for WWE main event matches now so EVERYTHING must be kicked out of.

Kicking out of finishers has been the norm in WWE since 2010.

I love the selective memory. Fucking amazing.

CWC has established finishers.

No one has kicked out of the Metalik driver nor Ibushi's sit out powerbomb. They've won every match. No kick outs. Yet no one has seemingly noticed.

Kendrick is desperate and focuses on Ibushi's neck, going to extreme lengths to try and secure the victory and it still wasn't enough. It was a great match, but of course one little thing with Internet fans not enjoying a whole match but whinging about a move. Why even watch?

Reminds me when Sasha won the belt on Raw and we have people complaining it should have been saved for 'Mania. Never happy in the moment, they always know better.

Pretty sure the reason no one's kicked out of either of those finishers is to get a massive pop when they both do it on the final.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The moment anything good happens it's stated it was done "wrong" and that something else should have happened.

Everyone else knows best, it's like that annoying friend who must one up everything you've done. It's arrogant and insecure.

CWC is exceptional fun.
This is a good post about how stupid things can get. Smh @ people with any complaints. Shove em up your butts! Wrestling fans smh

Top Bottom