• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

Fuck Meltz

Benoit vs Rock was fucking incredible.

Why bother reviewing shows when all you are doing is just using Meltzer as your basis?

I could easily predict your next shows then.

What are you talking about? I'm not using Meltzer as my basis. Who said I was doing that? I was using his familiar five-star scale to dispute Fully Loaded 2000 being one of the greatest PPVs of all time "from top to bottom".

P.S. I'm not reviewing shows. As I've said numerous times, the grades are just shorthand for myself in case I want to watch something later.

P.P.S. I don't think it's a bad thing if you can easily predict my next shows. I admit all the time what I like and don't like about wrasslin'.

Recall

This is what Meltz gave anyway.

Lita & The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy) vs. T&A (Albert & Test) & Trish Stratus = 2.75 stars
Tazz vs. Al Snow = 1.25 stars
Perry Saturn (w/Terri) vs. Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) = 2.5 stars
The Acolytes (Bradshaw & Faarooq) vs. Christian & Edge = 1.5 stars
Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) vs. Rikishi = 2.75 stars
The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle = 0.75 stars
Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. Chris Jericho = 4.5 stars
The Rock vs. Chris Benoit (w/Shane McMahon) = 4.25 stars

Zach

This is what Meltz gave anyway.

Lita & The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy) vs. T&A (Albert & Test) & Trish Stratus = 2.75 stars
Tazz vs. Al Snow = 1.25 stars
Perry Saturn (w/Terri) vs. Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) = 2.5 stars
The Acolytes (Bradshaw & Faarooq) vs. Christian & Edge = 1.5 stars
Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus) vs. Rikishi = 2.75 stars
The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle = 0.75 stars
Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. Chris Jericho = 4.5 stars
The Rock vs. Chris Benoit (w/Shane McMahon) = 4.25 stars

...I think we're on different wavelengths right now...

CsGDWzUXEAAZt3L.jpg

Smart money betting lines are basically in for Backlash

Styles, Becky, Usos over Hype Bros, Heath/Rhyno to win tournament, Orton, Miz

Only one to keep an eye on is Miz, some places are getting lots of Dolph bets real late and shut down the line for that particular match

Only one to keep an eye on is Miz, some places are getting lots of Dolph bets real late and shut down the line for that particular match

Spooky Jobber Wyatt needs to win over Orton if they want him to have any credibility going forward.

I don't care to post in the Payback OT, I just like posting here.

Is anyone excited at all for this? I don't even know if I'll watch it later in the week because everything just feels so uninteresting. I know everyone is super hyped on Smackdown, but I just feel like the product has taken a step backwards since the split.

Menome

I was just gonna post that Overwatch was kind of disappointing. Gonna play a bit more today for sure, but I think I'll end up passing. I think it's a really well made game, but it's not really my genre and Splatoon is more fun so I'm not really hungry for a team based shooter. I imagine Overwatch plays much better on PC.

For all the shit people give me for the opinion, Battleborn is genuinely the better game in terms of complexity and longevity. I've been playing more Overwatch this weekend thanks to the free offer and it's only reinforced my view on the matter.

It has the advantages of being more polished and having a higher framerate, but beyond that, it's just so...'good' as opposed to 'great'.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Actually...seems there's a huge issue at Backlash tonight...

pdIaAyo.png

https://twitter.com/jctorch/status/775084811320856576

Miz now the favorite for the IC title match.

Becky & Nikki are both -115

Zach

For all the shit people give me for the opinion, Battleborn is genuinely the better game in terms of complexity and longevity. I've been playing more Overwatch this weekend thanks to the free offer and it's only reinforced my view on the matter.

It has the advantages of being more polished and having a higher framerate, but beyond that, it's just so...'good' as opposed to 'great'.

God dang it, Menome.

The Curse of Menome continues

Menome

Right, I have a favour to ask:

I'm working a late shift tomorrow, so I can stay up to watch Backlash. However, due to not being paid until the end of the month I don't have the Network for the next two weeks.

Is there anyone with the Network that isn't going to watch it live and would be willing to trust me with their login details? If so, please PM me and I'll owe you a (non-sexual) favour in future.

I finally watched Citizen Kane. It was pretty good. I look forward to reading all about why it's Sliced Bread #2.

Of course it was pretty good. That part where the mask comes off and he comes after RVD? Classic. Beginning of a new age of greatness. Slow Chemical Era is the GOAT Era

Right, I have a favour to ask:

I'm working a late shift tomorrow, so I can stay up to watch Backlash. However, due to not being paid until the end of the month I don't have the Network for the next two weeks.

Is there anyone with the Network that isn't going to watch it live and would be willing to trust me with their login details? If so, please PM me and I'll owe you
Oh for sure, frie-
a (non-sexual) favour in future.
Nope, can't do it.

Rating Fully Loaded 2000 without factoring in its backstage segments is like misunderstanding sports entertainment.
Now when you include such classics as...
- Undertaker pursuing Kurt Angle on his bike through the arena
- Jericho's "it's true, it's true" trap
- Christian totally barfing in the toilet and getting rumbled
- Benoit villainously tearing up the Rock's shirts!
Suddenly that's like having a five star match added to the card.

Rating Fully Loaded 2000 without factoring in its backstage segments is like misunderstanding sports entertainment.
Now when you include such classics as...
- Undertaker pursuing Kurt Angle on his bike through the arena
- Jericho's "it's true, it's true" trap
- Christian totally barfing in the toilet and getting rumbled
- Benoit villainously tearing up the Rock's shirts!
Suddenly that's like having a five star match added to the card.
Damn straight.

Not to mention Benoit/Rock and Jericho/Triple H are lit 4.5 star matches.

Top Bottom