• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

GunBR

Answer me WrassleGAF
Is Slater's journey of being at The Ascension level to be one of the top 5 most over wrestlers of the main roster the biggest example of how a single storyline/small push can change the status of a wrestler in the company?

Caderfix

Becky and Aj Styles with the belts, huh? That's GREAT. Heath and Rhyno deserve the belts too.

I wish Bray didn't lose to Kane
in 2016
though. Still, good results overall.

Also, Nega Usos are way better then Poke Usos.

Caderfix

Answer me WrassleGAF
Is Slater's journey of being at The Ascension level to be one of the top 5 most over wrestlers of the main roster the biggest example of how a single storyline/small push can change the status of a wrestler in the company?

As long as the wrestler has the charisma, promo skills and is able to hold his own in the ring, like Slater, yes.

cordy

Banned
Also, Nega Usos are way better then Poke Usos.

large.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know who's aged the worst by far for me in my WCW rewatch?

Sting. I used to love Sting as a kid but now he's just so dull. He's nothing more than a decent worker with a great look. His promos feel like sub-par Hogan promos, he's not as good in-ring as Steamboat in the early 90s, He's better than Luger in-ring but Luger has this weird awful/great intangible factor that I can't explain. And Luger is hammy as fuck for the camera. Like Luger is the most 'aware' of his overness of any wrestler I've seen.

Sting's just there. He's just ok.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know who's aged the worst by far for me in my WCW rewatch?

Sting. I used to love Sting as a kid but now he's just so dull. He's nothing more than a decent worker with a great look. His promos feel like sub-par Hogan promos, he's not as good in-ring as Steamboat in the early 90s, He's better than Luger in-ring but Luger has this weird awful/great intangible factor that I can't explain. And Luger is hammy as fuck for the camera. Like Luger is the most 'aware' of his overness of any wrestler I've seen.

Sting's just there. He's just ok.

That perfectly describes why Sting is the icon of WCW. WCW is that type of product.

Mahonay

Banned
Heath Slater baybayyyy

Naomi botch ahyeahyeahyeahyeah

Miz the American Dragon overcomes the odds

A-J-STYLES

Kane is eternal. Kane is life.

Dear diary, Backlash was...actually good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That perfectly describes why Sting is the icon of WCW. WCW is that type of product.

I guess that adds up with Austin being the WWF icon because everything around him is shit but he drags it up to the surface.

I'd rather everything around the shit be good than only one highlight in the sea of garbage

ReiGun

As long as the wrestler has the charisma, promo skills and is able to hold his own in the ring, like Slater, yes.

Yup. Everything just clicked in this Slater story, and that's due in no small part to Slater himself. Best part is you know this probably wasn't the original plan. No way they could have guessed Heath getting over like he has or him and Rhyno having such good chemistry. So kudos to creative for adjusting once they realized what they had.

People are calling for Heath/Slater to drop the belts soon, but I'd rather they keep them at least till Survivor Series. Let them run with the ball and see what they do with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Blue was a wrestler he would tap out to the shitty Liontamer version or Cena's STF if he was in arms lenght of the ropes.

And thats a shoot brother.

Caderfix

People are calling for Heath/Slater to drop the belts soon, but I'd rather they keep them at least till Survivor Series. Let them run with the ball and see what they do with it.

The best part is that they deserve it. Rhyno is an underrated legend near the end of his run and Heath is super consistent, he's done well with everything they gave him, so seeing those two holding a championship is awesome.

Mahonay

Banned
The best part is that they deserve it. Rhyno is an underrated legend near the end of his run and Heath is super consistent, he's done well with everything they gave him, so seeing those two holding a championship is awesome.
Them both telling each other thank you at the end was a weirdly touching moment.

At least the Hardys like people like me

Why do the fucking tolerant ones have to be in the Nazi company, this sucks

Trade them with Seth and have them kill off Styles

ReiGun

Yup. Much as I like American Alpha, them winning wouldn't have felt nearly as good. Heath and Rhyno earned this moment.

Them both telling each other thank you at the end was a weirdly touching moment.
I know we like to say everything on Talking Smack is a shoot, but I do think Rhyno was being sincere when he said he saw something in Heath and wanted to help him out. Both dudes are probably super grateful to each other.

"man i miss them old hardy boyz and how they used to be like when jeff hardy was was like nehnehneh and matt hardy was like i will not die man imma take a page out of your book

i will not die" - promo of the year

I went to Virginia to visit my girlfriends sister and took a detour to backlash. Had fun cheering for aj winning the title but it sucked getting a speeding ticket ten minutes away from where I'm staying after driving for almost 2 hours.

Those guys would likely have prospered with the brand split.

They chose to leave or make salary demands the WWE found outrageous.

hahahahahah yeah okay

People have been thinking Sandow would have prospered from the moment he came up short against Cena, and Cody was thinking he'd get out of that dumb costume and gimmick from the moment the Goldust feud bombed out of existence. Shit wasn't happening, no matter how much time any alternate universe was willing to give it that ending wasn't getting happier for those two.

Mahonay

Banned
hahahahahah yeah okay

People have been thinking Sandow would have prospered from the moment he came up short against Cena, and Cody was thinking he'd get out of that dumb costume and gimmick from the moment the Goldust feud bombed out of existence. Shit wasn't happening, no matter how much time any alternate universe was willing to give it that ending wasn't getting happier for those two.
Also people forget how awful that short Sandow run was once he dropped the Mizdow gimmick. He just came off as super obnoxious and bombed hard.

cordy

Banned
As previously reported, John Cena is being kept off WWE television as part of a storyline with AJ Styles and the two are expected to face each other sometime later down the road.

We have learned that Cena is scheduled to work the next SmackDown brand WWE Network special event, presumably against Styles but that has not been yet confirmed. The next SmackDown brand event is WWE No Mercy, which takes place on October 9th. Cena will take another hiatus from the company shortly after No Mercy to start filming the second season of American Grit, which would keep him off WWE programming for the rest of the year.

Cena wrestled the tour in Manila and Shanghai and is scheduled to work Monday's SmackDown WWE Live Event in Fairfx, VA. and Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Philadelphia. It is possible that Cena could setup his next bout with Styles as early as this coming Tuesday.
-

Top Bottom