• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

I know I've said it before and it's my own fault for continuing to listen, but I put on the LAW Backlash review just now and these idiots just immediately start talking about how the crowd wasn't into the women's match and it wasn't anything special.

I mean come on. Yeah the crowd wasn't into it except when they were popping like crazy for just about every move, and going nuts whenever Becky had some momentum.
I was there live and the crowd reacted great to it. They didn't try to get themselves over, popped at appropriate moments and didn't ridicule Naomi for her terrible botch. Becky got one of the loudest moments all night.

Aj styles is just too damn good at what be does, gotta give props to Dean for doing his first believable offensive move with that bottom rope dropkick sending the face the runs the place flying to the floor.

Upac.png

klonere

Banned
Feel like people are not making a bigger deal about Randy Orton getting a concussion from the Brock match in a planned spot

Was it confirmed to be a concussion issue?

In any case, extraordinarily dumb and backwards spot. Blading exists for a reason. Or blood packs, whatever. Brock has regressed as much as Ambrose has, if not more.

Oh and the B & V review of the PPV terrible, awful. Time to shed my Observer sub, not even Dave can save the mediocrity of Alvarez anymore.

Time to turn AJ face and for him to feud with the greatest heel in all of wrestling: The Miz. Miz has been good for two years now and deserves another main event run, one of the only guys in WWE who can actually draw heat from the crowd. He has been even better since bringing Maryse in as his valet.

Also, why did they call up Crews? His character sucks and he would be better served improving in NXT than being the resident Smackdown jobber.

Ppl usually need TRT because they were using something they shouldn't and burned their endocrine system out

Was it confirmed to be a concussion issue?

In any case, extraordinarily dumb and backwards spot. Blading exists for a reason. Or blood packs, whatever. Brock has regressed as much as Ambrose has, if not more.

Oh and the B & V review of the PPV terrible, awful. Time to shed my Observer sub, not even Dave can save the mediocrity of Alvarez anymore.

Yea it was concussion

Not sure why vinny reviews modem wwe he clearly doesn't like it. Should just stick to retro stuff

shanafan

Waking up this morning, I still can't believe..

1) AJ Styles is WWE world champion. I mean, wow. After seeing him job to Jericho at Wrestlemania, winning the main strap in WWE a mere 5 months later is incredible.

2) Backlash was a great PPV. Wyatt and Kane was lame, but overall, good matches and a just a fun excitement level during the majority of the show.

jmdajr

Good morning!

Well Punk sure looked like a fool. On one hand you can say he was brave, or the other he was a total idiot. Just taking a short cut to play UFC fighter.

Thinking now he's lucky he got as far as he did in the WWE. The guy had no amateur background in anything that I know off. Wrestling, Football, Power lifting. Things often associated with wrestlers. He didn't even have the look. Old school wrestlers actually did look like they could kick your ass. But Punk got far and you can say opened doors for unconventional pro wrestlers. More people can play wrestler now. Which is nice.

The door for people who don't belong in the UFC is probbaly shut for good though,

Zach

This month we may have a new member of the shoot community. CM "Hey PHILL" Punk is set to work Mickey Gall at UFC 203 in Cleveland. The same Arena he walked out on his WWE career.

So far there is a lot of hype for the 38 year old rookie.

wGkYIF5.gif

Update:

eK2ZMWJ.gif

Oh, man. Haha...

Good morning!

Well Punk sure looked like a fool. On one hand you can say he was brave, or the other he was a total idiot. Just taking a short cut to play UFC fighter.

Thinking now he's lucky he got as far as he did in the WWE. The guy had no amateur background in anything that I know off. Wrestling, Football, Power lifting. Things often associated with wrestlers. He didn't even have the look. Old school wrestlers actually did look like they could kick your ass. But Punk got far and you can say opened doors for unconventional pro wrestlers.

The door for people who don't belong in the UFC is probbaly shut for good though,

The whole punk thing was so uncharacteristic of UFC.

kimbo had to go through the ultimate fighter
Brock had to fight somewhere else before UFC
James Toney was fed to couture to make a point

Forkball

eK2ZMWJ.gif

Punk's solo punch is the thing that gets me. All that training and his only offense looks like something a first grader was throw out on the playground. I can understand getting your ass kicked, but to look as if you had zero training is just baffling.

jmdajr

The whole punk thing was so uncharacteristic of UFC.

kimbo had to go through the ultimate fighter
Brock had to fight somewhere else before UFC
James Toney was fed to couture to make a point

You know how we mock celebrities when they get in the pro wrestling ring?
This was the same.

I don't know man.

I guess we'll see what the PPV buys were.

Mahonay

Banned
Feel like people are not making a bigger deal about Randy Orton geting a concussion from the Brock match in a planned spot
It was dumb as fuck to have splitting someone's head open hard-way in as a scheduled spot in your fake wrestling. Fuck it, just use a blade if you want color that badly in the match.

klonere

Banned

I know nobody is just going to say "Yeah, I was on steroids lol" but man it does seem super lame when they all just go "but my doctor!!!"

Almas should be in the Cruiserweights instead of the shell that is NXT right now.

Ppl usually need TRT because they were using something they shouldn't and burned their endocrine system out

Yea it was concussion

Not sure why vinny reviews modem wwe he clearly doesn't like it. Should just stick to retro stuff

Oh it was? Yeah that's terrible, terrible. Gigantically hypocritical.

Whatever about Vinny, Alvarez is just...he doesn't give a fuck either and fails to hide it. At least Filthy Tom is entertaining and puts in some effort but alas, he can't carry the other two at all.

Recall

LapsedFan are covering Summerslam 1992 next. I really enjoy the show though the amount of down time between matches is quite staggering.

Pikma

Banned
It's surreal to see a WWE storyline develop successfully and with such a rewarding outcome too

Heath and Rhyno are my favorite thing in wrestling right now

Recall

Thinking about the AJ vs Ambrose match as I wait to pick up my son.

1) I'm shocked it only took 1 Styles Clash to get the win, it was a nice change of pace.

2) Ambrose avoided the flying forearm, which was important he did as it put away Cena.

3) I think I would like to see Cena vs AJ in a gimmick match if Cena goes for the his revrnge, maybe a cage match? But then again they always look better in theory. They never live up to my expectations.

Damn that WWE Title looks good on AJ.

I'm really happy for him, people said he would never get there, it was too late, you'll never get over in Vince's eyes etc etc.

He showed up, proved himself one of the best workers seen in a long time, became an undeniable talent they probably wish they had years ago, now they just call him champion.

You deserve it! *clap clap clap*

aj_getting_paid_smile.gif

Is there any sort of bragging rights ppv coming up where raw and Smackdown go head to head? Would like to see aj Vs Owen's, Becky Vs Charlotte, and so on.

All those Backlash matches had things to recommend them. Aside from the botch - which was superb - the women's match was great! Miz was really strong! The tag matches worked! The Usos are immediately more interesting as heels! Sloppy Dean - though, really, sloppy sloppy sloppy, and such a low intensity performance - was slightly more engaged than usual, and AJ took him to one of his best matches. Overall: Kane.

aj-styles-img8325-1367610153.jpg

When Ambrose wants a rematch, I think AJ should claim he's his dad.

Anth0ny

orton being an injury prone fuck prevented a match with the sleep inducing fuck know and bray wyatt

no word of a lie: kane >>>>>>>>> orton or bray. I was expecting him to come out to face bray and it was awesome when he actually did lol

Bray vs Kane was hilarious, I'm like oh they need someone to job to Bray cause Randy is having terror flashbacks to taking out the trashcans injured. But then Kane wins lololol.... literally, in 2016 lololol.

How many times are they gonna attempt to make Bray a thing only to job him out forever then wonder why he isn't a thing yet? I don't care about his character, find it really boring so it doesn't bother me, but it seems stupid on WWE's part.

Dat Kane in 2016.
Suck it whiners in the Backlash thread, and he went over to boot.
It's a glorious day!

Oh and good for AJ and Becky as well I guess.

Top Bottom