• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Mahonay

Banned
Kane is terrible, he shouldn't have been on the show.
Don't talk smack about the future WWE World Champ. AJ will do the right thing and submit to Kane Life.

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Tagyhag

I love Glenn Jacobs, but seeing Kane wrestle isn't fun anymore, I just "Pfft here we go again" every time I hear his music.

And he definitely shouldn't have won last night, Bray would have looked so good if he would have won after taking an RKO. I'm legitimately curious as to why creative hate him like that or if it's more people like Road Dogg believing losses not mattering.

klonere

Banned
orton being an injury prone fuck prevented a match with the sleep inducing fuck know and bray wyatt

no word of a lie: kane >>>>>>>>> orton or bray. I was expecting him to come out to face bray and it was awesome when he actually did lol

A) Kane is awful, liking Kane in 2016 should be a crime

B) Orton isn't injury prone he's just a fucking idiot for agreeing to that Brock elbows spot. Although I doubt he could have said no.

C) Fire Bray Wyatt. He's actually pretty talented by they've abused him so much I want him off WWE TV for at least 6 months at the very least.

imBask

Banned
I love Harper but I think his future in WWE is hopeless, they're never going to give him a proper push, especially now that he's labeled as "fragile"

Really happy for Becky too, she's sorta been lost in the shuffle for awhile so becoming the main blue woman is again, fully deserved.

Carmella needs her music remixed or new music or something, the deafening silence while she's all YEEEEEEEEA BOOI trying to be hyped just looks s.a.d.

Mahonay

Banned
Really happy for Becky too, she's sorta been lost in the shuffle for awhile so becoming the main blue woman is again, fully deserved.

Carmella needs her music remixed or new music or something, the deafening silence while she's all YEEEEEEEEA BOOI trying to be hyped just looks s.a.d.
She should go back to her insanely annoying entrance promo she was doing as a face, since that was way more heelish than her current entrance.

I don't get why Carmella is doing a mid 2000s Fergie gimmick. Who thought that was a good idea?
Edit:
I slept through Backlash, anything but the main event worth watching?
Everything but Wyatt-Kane was at least good. Even that match wasn't awful even if the ending was. It was a really solid show, especially considering the talent involved.

Ithil

They can try all they want to but for of those guys they are damaged beyond repair.

Are they? They made Eva Marie, who is entirely devoid of any talent or personality, into a really funny part of the show just by some creative presentation.

Sure, guys like Dolph are dead in the water, but most of them are easily fixable with a good storyline or overhaul. Heath went from enhancement talent to really over tag champ in less than two months because they gave him a fun storyline.
RAW has Sami Zayn and he does nothing, he just jobs on TV with no feud or anything, and they have more time to fill. It's baffling.

klonere

Banned
They can try all they want to but for of those guys they are damaged beyond repair.

They've managed to revive Miz, Slater, Rhyno and the Usos so far.

Given time I think the writing team can do that for guys like Corbin and Crews.

Wyatt and Ziggler are probably beyond help however.

Thank you, you know I have to live with the painful knowledge that WWE completely wasted his prime period that you never had the joy of witnessing.

Hey, I watched Kane's debut and up until his original face turn with DX and I quite enjoyed his stuff. I feel the same way about the Big Show as I do Kane: definitely wasted but it's too late now. And I'll never forgive him for Rumble 2015 and the horrific Seth feud.

I love Harper but I think his future in WWE is hopeless, they're never going to give him a proper push, especially now that he's labeled as "fragile"

I'd hope he'd get a shot on Smackdown doing something...Although then he'd get stuck with Wyatt again and that is death.

Heroman

Banned
Are they? They made Eva Marie, who is entirely devoid of any talent or personality, into a really funny part of the show just by some creative presentation.

Sure, guys like Dolph are dead in the water, but most of them are easily fixable with a good storyline or overhaul. Heath went from enhancement talent to really over tag champ in less than two months because they gave him a fun storyline.
RAW has Sami Zayn and he does nothing, he just jobs on TV with no feud or anything, and they have more time to fill. It's baffling.

Eva marie is terrible cause she cant wreslte so matter no amount of funny storytelling can make me care about some one who I never want to see in the ring. Health or the other hand has alway been great, no matter what role he and in it also help that he has no where else to go but up

imBask

Banned
I think at this point some people are jaded "beyond repair" and don't see the good things about WWE right now

We established yesterday that some people watched RAW weekly between 2007 and 2010 so yeah, that's understandable

I do wish they would go away though

eK2ZMWJ.gif

Punk's solo punch is the thing that gets me. All that training and his only offense looks like something a first grader was throw out on the playground. I can understand getting your ass kicked, but to look as if you had zero training is just baffling.
Looks like he's punching himself.
faff6e3e88.gif

klonere

Banned
Eva marie is terrible cause she cant wreslte so matter no amount of funny storytelling can make me care about some one who I never want to see in the ring. Health or the other hand has alway been great, no matter what role he and in it also help that he has no where else to go but up

I dunno, Smackdown has earned a portion of the "benefit of the doubt" that I give to places like NJPW, EVOLVE and PROGRESS. I'm interested to see what they can achieve with the roster they have. We all know that people employed by the WWE generally have some level of talent and charisma and just are eaten up by the system.

Basically, AJ is gonna make every challenger look like a million bucks and the writing team can work with the midcard.

bjork

Car hunt day three: I need to get this done before I go back to work tomorrow night edition

Remember when Snooki wrestled and wasn't all that awful?

I was really surprised by that. I also vaguely remember John Morrison being a shithead about Melina not being in the match, but I forget how exactly.

Top Bottom