• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

jmdajr

The future right here.

KWnNBmV%20-%20Imgur_zpsuvxjsjhg.gif

So Orton's concussed because Bork was allowed to shoot cave his head in?

Given the E's history with concussions, and given that their resident PED-filled beast is likely to cause some serious damage when allowed to hit someone so hard they cut open, it's safe to say this wasn't Vince's brightest hour?

Could they not have faked this for the same effect? Bork should have been Wellnessed out of the company for a few weeks, not allowed to cause legitimate damage to someone's brain because "derp get Bork's heat back" reasons.

So Orton's concussed because Bork was allowed to shoot cave his head in?

Given the E's history with concussions, and given that their resident PED-filled beast is likely to cause some serious damage when allowed to hit someone so hard they cut open, it's safe to say this wasn't Vince's brightest hour?

Could they not have faked this for the same effect? Bork should have been Wellnessed out of the company for a few weeks, not allowed to cause legitimate damage to someone's brain because "derp get Bork's heat back" reasons.
If Orton was concussed they wouldn't have had him go out there and be physically involved. If he still has staples in his head that was probably enough.
So Gall would have made an extra ten or twenty thousand if Punk didn't make the weight-cut?
$100,000.

Jerm411

Been binging the CWC to catch up before Wednesday...man this is so cool. Up to the quarterfinals....

Ced/Ibushi lived up to the hype and Gulak/ZSJ was my favorite match of the tourney so far.

Oh and Rich Swann is fucking awesome....that is all....

Mahonay

Banned
No chairshots to the head, but I gotta take shoot elbows from Brock. And I still can't use my punt?
Something, something, applies to everyone but Brock

Been binging the CWC to catch up before Wednesday...man this is so cool. Up to the quarterfinals....

Ced/Ibushi lived up to the hype and Gulak/ZSJ was my favorite match of the tourney so far.

Oh and Rich Swann is fucking awesome....that is all....
Seen a lot of Rich Swann in the indies a couple years back. Always enjoyed his work. Happy to see him get a spotlight shown on him.

Caderfix

So Gall would have made an extra ten or twenty thousand if Punk didn't make the weight-cut?

I might be remembering it incorrectly, but the penalty for missing weight is 20% of the purse, then half of that goes to the other fighter and the other half goes to the athletic commission. So Gall would've made $50k.

That's something a remember from a few months back, I don't have links though :/

I might be remembering it incorrectly, but the penalty for missing weight is 20% of the purse, then half of that goes to the other fighter and the other half goes to the athletic commission.

That's something a remember from a few months back, I don't have links though :/
Yeah I heard Gall would get about 20% of it. Can't blame the guy for supposedly hoping Punk wouldn't make the cut.

Just a soft graze across the head, that's all. Oh...it cracked it open like a watermelon? But Brock is a surgical professional!
Plausible deniability, motherfucker!

Seriously, what goes through investors minds during a situation like this? The outside world gives so few shits about wrestling that this whole thing only makes headlines when Brock is kayfabe fined $500, and yet blading is seen as such a barbaric, taboo thing. Makes zero sense.

cordy

Banned
He's also more of a bad wrestler than a good wrestler. With how limited SmackDown's roster is, it's best to put the title on the guy who can have a good match with pretty much anyone. Give Ambrose the belt back when they redraft and he can face better wrestlers that can hide his deficiencies.

?

opinionated.gif

Tbh, if Ambrose was more of a bad wrestler than good wrestler they wouldn't have him main eventing ppvs since late 2014, being the headliner at B shows, being the lead SD face he wouldn't have his peers, legends, Trips and even guys like Meltzer saying he's good in the ring. I mean, if Ambrose was more of a bad wrestler than good wrestler then the company wouldn't end the pushes of guys who can't work well with him in the ring (see Strowman's original "he's gonna face Taker" push according to WON, ended because he couldn't work with Ambrose in a match).

AJ's got the belt now because he's the lead heel who beat Cena and it's the end of the year so there's a down period. It was the smartest move. It's not like they gave him this because he's the best wrestler in the world. They gave him the belt because he's got momentum which is an all-around thing.

Mahonay

Banned
Plausible deniability, motherfucker!

Seriously, what goes through investors minds during a situation like this? The outside world gives so few shits about wrestling that this whole thing only makes headlines when Brock is kayfabe fined $500, and yet blading is seen as such a barbaric, taboo thing. Makes zero sense.
Vince believes he's outsmarting his own system with this kind of shit. It's hilariously stupid.

Hasney

Was away last week so just caught up on CWC stuff. Rich Swann is going to be the guy that gets over the quickest of the guys they signed, just has so much in-ring charisma on top of being great in the ring.

I have no faith in them not fucking it up on Raw, but I hope they get a decent amount of time now and again at least.

?

opinionated.gif

Tbh, if Ambrose was more of a bad wrestler than good wrestler they wouldn't have him main eventing ppvs since late 2014, being the headliner at B shows, being the lead SD face he wouldn't have his peers, legends, Trips and even guys like Meltzer saying he's good in the ring. I mean, if Ambrose was more of a bad wrestler than good wrestler then the company wouldn't end the pushes of guys who can't work well with him in the ring (see Strowman's original "he's gonna face Taker" push according to WON, ended because he couldn't work with Ambrose in a match).

AJ's got the belt now because he's the lead heel who beat Cena and it's the end of the year so there's a down period. It was the smartest move. It's not like they gave him this because he's the best wrestler in the world. They gave him the belt because he's got momentum which is an all-around thing.
That time of year when you put it on the projects since it won't matter anyway, the nfl is still going to win. HA HA!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
ROFL RYBACK IS OFFICIALLY THE NEWEST WRESTLER TO WORK HIMSELF INTO A SHOOT!

Ryback has been unable to go by his former wrestling name since leaving WWE, but that's something he's trying to change.

On an episode of his podcast that was released on Monday, Ryback said that he was attempting to change his real name to his wrestling identity.

“It’s not uncharted territory, but it kind of is too in a way. I legally went and changed my name to Ryback, for many reasons, one of which it was one thing that I did not own, and I created and I used before my time with WWE.

And it is something that is associated with my brand and who I am that I am very proud of. So, I went through the proper steps in Clark County in Las Vegas. And it cost a little bit of money, and I go in front of a judge September 1st. But when this airs, you know, hopefully everything is approved and I would be known as Ryback Alan Reeves moving forward.”

As of now, it isn’t known if the attempt was successful. He still goes by “The Big Guy” on Twitter and is still being advertised under that name for his wrestling appearances going forward.

Ryback said the name change was something he felt had to be done because it wasn’t fair that wrestlers spend so much time in one place and then can’t use their brand and identity when they leave. He claimed there’s a big difference in being able to advertise himself as “The Big Guy” Ryback rather than just Ryan Reeves.

On the podcast, co-host Pat Buck noted some of the problems he’s had as a promoter where WWE and other companies have aggressively sent cease and desist letters over advertising material that featured wrestlers who used to work for them.

Recall

I still believe 100% that WrestleMania 33 ends with Cena beating AJ to get his 16th world title.

And that's fine if they let AJ to continue being his awesome self, and they add further drama to their feud.

They've created a little bit of backstory so far and would have plenty of time to really make everyone care.

Fantomex

?

opinionated.gif

I agree, buuuuuuut. Ambrose is still trash. He should have been born earlier to take advantage of the Hardcore Title era.

Top Bottom