• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Mahonay

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
ROFL RYBACK IS OFFICIALLY THE NEWEST WRESTLER TO WORK HIMSELF INTO A SHOOT!
wIubmSW.gif

I still believe 100% that WrestleMania 33 ends with Cena beating AJ to get his 16th world title.

I've been saying this too. #greatminds

Nobody on board for my double Rumble idea though? Two 20 man rumbles, one per brand, each winner getting a shot at their show's title. Cena wins Smackdown, Balor (assuming fit) wins Raw.

The Rumble has become stale, this would help it feel fresh.

Ryback has a podcast too?

So when WWE fires you do you immediately get that one promo shot you will use for the rest of your career no matter how long time passes AND a podcast deal?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm okay with that, because it means AJ having like a seven month world title reign.

And that's fine if they let AJ to continue being his awesome self, and they add further drama to their feud.

They've created a little bit of backstory so far and would have plenty of time to really make everyone care.

I've been saying this too. #greatminds

Nobody on board for my double Rumble idea though? Two 20 man rumbles, one per brand, each winner getting a shot at their show's title. Cena wins Smackdown, Balor (assuming fit) wins Raw.

The Rumble has become stale, this would help it feel fresh.

Cena gets a World Title during what is, arguably, the best run of his career plus AJ gets a 7 month title reign? I'm okay with this.
Glad we're in agreement here, friends.

3551595-5031933177-John-.gif

I don;t think Cena needs another Wrestlemania moment.

He most definitely NEEDS a Summerslam moment. I think #16 happens there.
I think it's justified for WrestleMania if he turns heel.

Him turning heel to beat AJ makes a lot of sense, and I've always felt that if he was going to tie Ric Flair for what (I assume) would be his final run with the belt, it should be as a heel. Given he's a basically a part-timer, I wonder if they'd be more open to the idea now.

Mahonay

Banned
Cena vs AJ at Mania would be incredible, and even though he's been pushed to the moon for almost his entire career, he does deserve a huge Mania match while he's still in good working condition.

Fox318

A heel Cena would only work if he was part of a group and Cena was a Bret Hart heel in that he didn't really change much about his character and his outside the ring activities.

Besides if they do turn him heel they have to point to somebody and say "this is our next man" and it has to be somebody already over with the fans.

cordy

Banned
That time of year when you put it on the projects since it won't matter anyway, the nfl is still going to win. HA HA!

Yep the NFL is gonna tear open the WWE but hey they gotta do what they gotta do lol.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
ROFL RYBACK IS OFFICIALLY THE NEWEST WRESTLER TO WORK HIMSELF INTO A SHOOT!

This just doesn't surprise me at all. If there's anyone these days who's try something like this...Ryback would have been my choice. Damn lmao.

I think we need HHH and Cena going at it for the Flair record. Good stakes.

Cena will never go heel.

If Trips ended up in that match, he'd blag his way into going over somehow. Not surprised though, given that he was the most important member of the roster during the Attitude Era AND lead the greatest, most innovative faction of all time. So he deserves it (clap clap clap-clap-clap).

Mahonay

Banned
I really don't see Cena turning heel ever either, unless they have some huge story arc in the works that is built entirely around it. But stuff like that is few and far between in current WWE.

Sephzilla

I really don't see Cena turning heel ever either, unless they have some huge story arc in the works that is built entirely around it. But stuff like that is few and far between in current WWE.

The Rock/Cena feud was basically built around the idea of Cena finally turning, to the point where Cena actually had heel entrance music made. And then it never happened.

Mahonay

Banned
The Rock/Cena feud was basically built around the idea of Cena finally turning, to the point where Cena actually had heel entrance music made. And then it never happened.
He got himself new gear made too. He was ready to go. So I know it's not necessarily him that wants to stay face for eternity. It's Vince.

Top Bottom