• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Mahonay

Banned
Why have a face Cena when you can have
bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif
Because Vince in 2016 with a wrestling monopoly is only truly happy when he makes money "his way".

Sephzilla

The only issue I have with "Cena had music and gear ready to go" is that my ideal heel Cena wouldn't actually change much at all. He'd keep the same gear and music but basically just be a more exaggerated version of his current character to the point where it got super grating. And he'd act a bit more oblivious to the fact that he's actually the bad guy who's holding down others.

cordy

Banned
Heel Cena in today's era would be loved too much so it's useless. Speaking of Cena
John Cena was recently at the Salt Lake Comic Con, as seen in the video above.

During the Q&A at the event, Cena was asked why he took off his wristbands after being defeated by AJ Styles at WWE SummerSlam last month. Cena said that it had a lot of significance and was a very important piece of symbolism, but right now the moment was just for him. He added that we'll have to wait and find out what it meant over the next few weeks, indicating that he may be returning to television soon.

As we first reported at the end of August, Cena will be taking a hiatus from WWE in mid-October to film the second season of American Grit, which is when the first season began filming last year. Cena is expected to be out of action for most - if not all - of the remainder of the year to film the show. While he has been working a regular schedule since SummerSlam, he has not appeared on television since the event having just been wrestling in dark segments and at live events.

Guess that No Mercy main event will be a triple threat. Styles wins through bullshit while putting Ambrose against Cena, Cena returns again in the future and finally beats Styles for the belt and then faces off against Ambrose as a follow up from this confrontation.

jmdajr

The Rock/Cena feud was basically built around the idea of Cena finally turning, to the point where Cena actually had heel entrance music made. And then it never happened.

And ring gear!

I'd love to see what it was.

edit: Is Sunny really gone for a whole year? When the fuck did he make that bet? Couldn't have been recent. I think after he saw the vids he knew he was hosed.

Sephzilla

The way you have heel Cena not immediately get over with fans is by having him squash the fuck out of a bunch of IWC fan favorites.
  • Beat the shit out of Sami Zayn
  • Pin AJ Styles clean as fuck
  • Beat the fuck out of Kevin Owens
  • Talk shit about Daniel Bryan
  • Beat the tar out of Dean Ambrose (NOTE: Runs the risk of getting Cena over)
  • Make out with Nikki in the middle of the ring over a defeated Becky Lynch

cordy

Banned
- While John Cena missed the first SmackDown exclusive pay-per-view last night with Backlash, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Cena is scheduled to be back for the October 9th WWE No Mercy pay-per-view. Another Cena vs. AJ Styles match has been planned but we don't know if AJ winning the WWE World Title at Backlash has changed those plans with Cena.
-

Mahonay

Banned
The way you have heel Cena not immediately get over with fans is by having him squash the fuck out of a bunch of IWC fan favorites.
In ring live sex celebration.

Right. If heel Cena isn't about holding down people the fans want to win, then what's the point of him?

The only issue I have with "Cena had music and gear ready to go" is that my ideal heel Cena wouldn't actually change much at all. He'd keep the same gear and music but basically just be a more exaggerated version of his current character to the point where it got super grating. And he'd act a bit more oblivious to the fact that he's actually the bad guy who's holding down others.
Cena gonna steal heel Bo's GOAT gimmick?!

Lothar

Banned
And ring gear!

I'd love to see what it was.

edit: Is Sunny really gone for a whole year? When the fuck did he make that bet? Couldn't have been recent. I think after he saw the vids he knew he was hosed.

He made it believing Punk would lose. He just wanted out. Couldn't handle the shoot era.

Perfect heel Cena stuff:
Make out with Becky in front of Nikki.
Tell Brie I'm more of a man Bryan is.
Tell Ambrose your only here because of Rome
Tell Shane stop being a lil B to Steph

Just watching Backlash for the first time.

I understand acknowledging 9/11 at the beginning, but Vince's republican stripes shining through there. I can't read the line 'freedom isn't free' without remembering funny Team America songs.

Theme tune is godawful.

Miz vs the other guy was really fucking good. I don't get the hate from these mark ass podcasters for the finish. Miz is a heel for fuck's sake.

Top Bottom