• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

My family was always into wrestling, so it was always around me. I can't even remember when I first started watching. I think my first memory of wrestling was around Mania 18. Cause I remember a Hogan video package, I remember Flair hitting Taker with a motorcycle thing, and I remember Brock killing the Hardys.
WM 18......Fuck hhh

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
tumblr_inline_odd79yUoNs1tnj6nd_100.png

God bless wrestling fans.

you're welcome

it was a CM Punk chant starting before the pre-show and it got boo'd in 3 seconds

Mauro has said some colossally stupid things since the brand spit. But he'd have to drop racial slurs for me to really complain about him when he shares the announcers' table with JBL and Otunga.

If Trip's acting career took off after Blade Trinity, would he have become known as Hollywood Hunter Hearst Helmsley?
H to the 4th has a great ring to it.

So, the 'samoan sports entertainer dynasty' is a thing.

Is Vince in Mauro's ear for this?

I like Mauro btw, he's generally solid so when he says something stupid it really stands out. Like when JR said Taker had a PHD in street fighting and even Lawler asked 'did you really just say that?"

Fox318

Lol now wrasslegaf hates Mauro. Okay
KuGsj.gif

People want authenticity from their lead announcer. Its why JR was so great. Fans believed what he was saying and he wasn't just a corporate mouthpiece for Vince like Cole.

Mauro is trying to carry 2 bums on commentary and put over matches that shouldn't be booked in the first place.

You can get away sometimes with trying to oversell the importance of a fight when its live but not an entire show. Its why people turned on Schiavone despite him being really good at his job.

Shiv47

Mauro has said some colossally stupid things since the brand spit. But he'd have to drop racial slurs for me to really complain about him when he shares the announcers' table with JBL and Otunga.

H to the 4th has a great ring to it.

Mauro can't help but be worse with JBL and Otunga. It's like, when you pick up shit with a glove - the glove gets a lot shittier but the shit doesn't get any glovier.

I hate Mauro because he reminds me of my days watching RAW in spanish. Those idiot were always fucking yelling, they talked a mile a minute, and used their shitty soccer voices. Fuck that shit.

I quite like Mauro's schtick. You know who's useless? Or has now crossed the line into actually painful for the product? Otunga. He's so unbearably bad that I have started to hate him. All he does is repeat what others have said, occasionally interrupting them to repeat what they've said, and then saying nothing but pithy statements of truth. "That was a clothesline!" "AJ needs to win this match!" Etc

This brand split has done wonders for Miz, I'm surprised. I wish his in ring wasn't boring as shit though.

Dog Ziggler's theme makes me want to attack my ears with a screwdriver.

Zach

I didn't watch a ton of the PPV last night -- really just the lady match and a lot of the main event -- but I don't even remember a third commentator. >_>

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People want authenticity from their lead announcer. Its why JR was so great. Fans believed what he was saying and he wasn't just a corporate mouthpiece for Vince like Cole.

Mauro is trying to carry 2 bums on commentary and put over matches that shouldn't be booked in the first place.

You can get away sometimes with trying to oversell the importance of a fight when its live but not an entire show. Its why people turned on Schiavone despite him being really good at his job.

"People" (wrassleGAF) doesn't know what it wants

Where is this Miz/Bryan thing going, friends?

BREAKING NEWS: The Great British Bake Off has jumped ship from the BBC to Channel 4. This is like the Scott Hall turning up on Nitro of cooking shows.

Top Bottom