• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

I honestly haven't even narrowed down Otunga's voice in the commentary shuffle, that's how little he stands out.
His MO is to occasionally pipe in with the most inane comment of the night. It's the "occasionally" part that makes me hesitate to put him with the worst commentators of all time. Heel Michael Cole was so overbearing that he drove me away from the product so I missed the pipe bomb promo and MITB 2011, so that's a pretty unforgivable sin.

Wagram

CM Punk is being paid between about $650,000 to potentially over a million for that fight while the guy who decimated him is only getting $30,000.

That's messed up.

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk is being paid between about $650,000 to potentially over a million for that fight while the guy who decimated him is only getting $30,000.

That's messed up.

One of these people sold this PPV to viewers, it wasn't the guy who decimated him.

tumblr_oddch2b1fE1vtwjglo1_500.png

Best looking title on the best looking woman on the roster.

Fox318

That's messed up.

a major PPV and event headliner with over 40 fights got paid less than Punk.

a former Champion in the semi main got paid less than Punk.

Don't make any mistakes here. Punk did this for the cash.

klonere

Banned
you may be right but in an ideal world the commentary team doesn't sit in on booking except to know the general direction of the next event.

JR called shit just fine back in the 80s/early 90s while being the booking committee itself.

A professional will just get the job done.

Toki767

If the Miz and Bryan thing doesn't lead to some sort of match or Bryan bringing someone in to squash Miz, they are really pressing their luck constantly bringing up Bryan not being cleared to wrestle.

Would not be surprised if Bryan leavesonce his contact is fulfilled.

That's messed up.

He's getting a chance to get into UFC, its a win for Gall. Until he gets exposed and thrown out after his next fight. Punk laughing he conned the UFC and the WWE in the span of a few years.

Fox318

JR called shit just fine back in the 80s/early 90s while being the booking committee itself.

A professional will just get the job done.

but he didn't script them.

Frankly Vince didn't start scripting them to this extent till Russo cam along and thats where having the fake enthusiasm falls flat.

somedevil

If the Miz and Bryan thing doesn't lead to some sort of match or Bryan bringing someone in to squash Miz, they are really pressing their luck constantly bringing up Bryan not being cleared to wrestle.

They had his contract frozen when he was dealing with his concussion so his contract runs out in 2018.

If Bryan brings someone in it would make sense for his friend Kendrick or Hideo who he knows and is the opposite style of the Miz..

Toki767

They had his contract frozen when he was dealing with his concussion so his contract runs out in 2018.

If Bryan brings someone in it would make sense for his friend Kendrick or Hideo who he knows and is the opposite style of the Miz..
2 years isn't a long time.

Bryan would still be 39ish. It just seems like a really really stupid decision to push Bryan's buttons like this without a payoff.

WWE just wants to work me until I'm dead

1QyBRo0.gif

MC Safety

So the Hooligans are wrestling two women?

Did this independent promotion run out of men? Is it a misprint?

How does something like that work?

somedevil

2 years isn't a long time.

Bryan would still be 39ish. It just seems like a really really stupid decision to push Bryan's buttons like this without a payoff.

I not sure Brie would be fine with Bryan working the New Japan Style with his concussion history.

Also, they better have a payoff with Miz now copying his moves.

It's hilarious that Wyatt still can't get a break with the brand split but Miz managed it.

That running senton/table spot was the most interesting thing I've seen Bray do since... well, ever actually.

Menome

Where is this Miz/Bryan thing going, friends?

BREAKING NEWS: The Great British Bake Off has jumped ship from the BBC to Channel 4. This is like the Scott Hall turning up on Nitro of cooking shows.

Because that's what people want from Great British Bake-Off: adverts.

cordy

Banned
Listening to Meltzer/Alvarez review Backlash and Dave said it's obvious they're going somewhere with this Miz/Bryan thing...where are they?

Toki767

Listening to Meltzer/Alvarez review Backlash and Dave said it's obvious they're going somewhere with this Miz/Bryan thing...where are they?
They are bringing it up too much for them to not do something with it.

Granted it's probably the only way people will take Miz seriously. Especially when he did a comedy segment with a kid right before it.

My best guess is Bryan gets one of his Bingo Hall buddies to fight Miz.

AKA: Samoa Joe is gonna win the IC title on his debut night in the main roster and beats Miz.

Pikma

Banned
It's pretty clear it is, SD has actual storylines as proven by Heath Slater so I expect them to continue this one.

Top Bottom