• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

bjork

Here is a picture of Kobashi with a puppy

CsOuUukVIAEwPwm.jpg:medium

Is that the former DDT champion puppy?

kiguel182

This Jinder Mahal segment is one of the most racist and disgusting things I've seen on this company. Especially as of late and especially given the current climate we live in.

Fuck this company. Seriously, what the fuck is this?

Fuck this.

bjork

Rented another car. Hopefully it's the actual car I requested this time, and that I can find a car to buy before the week is out. It's been over a week since the crash, I'm tired of this putting everything else on hold.

“I would rather watch a bra and pranties match then watch a good women’s professional wrestling match.” – Disco Inferno

Jesus christ
real picture of disco inferno
CsBLdmMVIAAgcL2.jpg

doug williams having a literal daily mail reading brexiter gimmick may be the best thing to come out of wcpw

Oh no now I have to watch WCPW don't I

The advantage is every bit of their shows is on Youtube and nicely divided into matches, so you can just watch the matches that sound good

Like obviously a Ospreay vs Scurll match is going to be great, I don't have to watch the bullshit

But yeah, I am going to have to watch this gimmick

This Jinder Mahal segment is one of the most racist and disgusting things I've seen on this company. Especially as of late and especially given the current climate we live in.

Fuck this company. Seriously, what the fuck is this?

Fuck this.

Rasslin but seriously it is not the most racist its not even close.....

klonere

Banned
So there's basically a Manchester 2015 PROGRESS card going on in my hometown which I'm pretty sure hasn't had a wrestling event in it for decades.

CsPJAIDWgAAPnFs.jpg:small

CsPJAIDXgAAMS-P.jpg:small

And a real match for Martina for once, which will be, uh, interesting.

CsPJ9LmWcAEJkUi.jpg:small

I honestly can't explain how weird it is that this is happening where I grew up.

So there's basically a Manchester 2015 PROGRESS card going on in my hometown which I'm pretty sure hasn't had a wrestling event in it for decades.

CsPJAIDWgAAPnFs.jpg:small

CsPJAIDXgAAMS-P.jpg:small

And a real match for Martina for once, which will be, uh, interesting.

CsPJ9LmWcAEJkUi.jpg:small

I'm honestly can't explain how weird it is that this is happening where I grew up.

dope, thankfully i'm close enough to PROGRESS, garbage tier LDN is running a show here next week

klonere

Banned
THE RYBACK said:
“I have all these dreams and ambitions, and I asked [WWE Senior Director of Talent Relations] Mark Carrano, ‘Could we let my contract run out so I can start working on some of these other things?’ Then we could have kept the door open for me to come back, but this is how unprofessional they are, he threatened me and said they were going to bury me and then take me off TV and see my value drop. That was his professional reply to me after asking a serious question about my life and taking some time off so I could get this stuff started. I was met with that reply, which does not help my case with how I feel about them.”

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/09/12/ryback-wwe-ryan-reeves-wrestling-vince-mcmahon

So I did go back and watch some of the original Ryback stuff as I thought I might watch Rock/Cena II just to see exactly what that was with Punk in there but I gave up pretty quickly. One thing was clear though - The Ryback was gigantically over at some stage and then booking happened and he died forever, even while being able to hang with Cena on the mic in a 10 minute Raw segment. And not just hang but outshine.

Why?

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/09/12/ryback-wwe-ryan-reeves-wrestling-vince-mcmahon

So I did go back and watch some of the original Ryback stuff as I thought I might watch Rock/Cena II just to see exactly what that was with Punk in there but I gave up pretty quickly. One thing was clear though - The Ryback was gigantically over at some stage and then booking happened and he died forever, even while being able to hang with Cena on the mic in a 10 minute Raw segment. And not just hang but outshine.

Why?
His match against Punk he needes to win it but at the same time he didn't need to win it. They pushed him too fast and the result was the lost of a strong character. I guess they figured having him loses dirty would save him but that was the only shot they had.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thing with Ryback was that he was simultaneously getting over, while still getting buried under huge Goldberg-chants within minutes of appearing.

Ryback was booked to get over, and it worked. He just didn't have "it" and the crowd lost interest in him very quickly.

The bully Ryback gimmick gave him a bit more character, though, but by then it was just too late.

Striker

His match against Punk he needes to win it but at the same time he didn't need to win it. They pushed him too fast and the result was the lost of a strong character. I guess they figured having him loses dirty would save him but that was the only shot they had.

They backed themselves in a corner with the Hell in a Cell match and PPV event. It had no business being that type of match and would've saved both guys at that point if it were a regular bout and it ended in countout or DQ.

Fox318

At the weigh in for the Punk fight Gall told him:

"You're an actor, you're still acting, you're acting hard. You know what's gonna happen tomorrow?

I'm gonna hurt you."

Punk got called a work and then he got shot on.

Fox318

Well doing a ton of steroids isn't gonna be much use if you're just gonna sit on the couch with a bag of chips all day.

HHH essentially completely rebuilt his workout regimen by getting rid of compound movments that were heavy on joints and moved to a more physical therapy based approach for building and maintaining muscle.

https://www.defrancostraining.com/tripleh/

Plus at Vince's age he probably shouldn't be trying to look like Thor.

Kaladin

So CM Punk made $500,000 for his UFC fight with no bonus for winning if he won.

Gall made $15,000 and another $15,000 since he won making his purse $30,000.

That's kind of fucked up.

Bret speaking that truth. Seth is reckless.
full
You win the Internet, go get yourself an ice cream cone.
So CM Punk made $500,000 for his UFC fight with no bonus for winning if he won.

Gall made $15,000 and another $15,000 since he won making his purse $30,000.

That's kind of fucked up.
Well Maybe Gall should've got famous first! Ha! Likepunk said, he's going to make more money than you'll ever see and your life and win. Punk wins, marks lose!

Top Bottom