• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Mahonay

Banned
Today I learned Sandman has a tattoo of himself.
rPCteZx.jpg

Cesaro will win the best of seven, then they'll ask him to which title he would like to be the #1 contender, and he will say "The WWE World Championship" and go to Smackdown.
I really hope this happens. Who the hell is worthy to face aj on Smackdown besides Cena and Dean? We can only watch that match up so many times.

I don't get why there had to be a triple-threat for a number one spot. Mick himself said when Sasha came back, she was going to be granted the automatic rematch. Then Bayley beat Charlotte clean (because of course she does). A triple-threat between those three is better then us getting Sasha vs Charlotte for the billionth time.

Maybe the double-pin thing wasn't a botch but was intentional.

Kaladin

I don't get why there had to be a triple-threat for a number one spot. Mick himself said when Sasha came back, she was going to be granted the automatic rematch. Then Bayley beat Charlotte clean (because of course she does). A triple-threat between those three is better then us getting Sasha vs Charlotte for the billionth time.

Maybe the double-pin thing wasn't a botch but was intentional.

Triple threat was solely to push the Dana Brooke face turn which isn't even a thing that should happen at this point, but whatever. Charlotte is going to go through cornermen faster than Sandow went through gimmicks.

cordy

Banned
I'd buy Cena vs Ambrose vs AJ for No Mercy. That way Ambrose gets his rematch and you technically don't waste the Cena vs AJ rematch.

Yep. Gets AJ away from them in single's action for a bit as he downs other guys on the roster and this also protects Ambrose and Cena given AJ's likely going to win through shenanigans or stealing a win. Cena can come back against AJ next year, win the belt and then the Ambrose stuff can boil against Cena.

AJ as the shit-talking pin stealing heel is going to be great.

Triple threat was solely to push the Dana Brooke face turn which isn't even a thing that should happen at this point, but whatever. Charlotte is going to go through cornermen faster than Sandow went through gimmicks.
The slap could have been kept in with no triple-threat, especially when you're pitting Dana with two other faces as a result.

I can't believe NVM leaves and then I start actually wanting Dana to win over Sasha and Bayley.

“In one of our last talks, Vince told me, ‘You’re the hardest working guy that I have here,’” said Ryback. “I just said, ‘Thank you.’ Vince said, ‘But hard work doesn’t always pay off here.’ I looked at him and said, ‘Well then, I need to go to a world where my hard work will pay off.'

#LapsedVinceQuotes
Nearly died when I read that. Lmao

bjork

Missed a call and the message was super garbled. So I call back, thinking it's related to my insurance claim. It's some guy from the rental place's car lot, and apparently one of the rental place girls sent his number to me and said I was looking for a car. I told him you can't shop over the phone, and he got all pissed off and hung up. I mean, I appreciate an establishment having a phone to call, but I never asked for anyone to call me.

The car wasn't what I requested, for the second time. But it actually worked out better, because it was a car I wanted to test drive anyway, so it saves me a trip to a dealer.

Kaladin

Undertaker needed no Irish mythology, he was dead. Kane needed no Irish mythology, he was the love child of Undertaker's mother and the devil's advocate Paul Bearer.

Sephzilla

I'm surprised they never went and explored/explained the origin of Undertakers powers. He just kind of showed up, started doing stuff with the lights, no sold everything, and everyone accepted it

Mahonay

Banned
I'm surprised they never went and explored/explained the origin of Undertakers powers. He just kind of showed up, started doing stuff with the lights, no sold everything, and everyone accepted it
Vince killed his dad and used his life force to create The Undertaker.

Would it be because of their mother having some weird supernatural connection given both he and Kane end up with the weird mystical abilities since they're half-brothers only?

Gotta love Kane's backstory. Even back when he was masked and apparently scarred in the face (before they retconned it with the mental scars bullshit) they sold us with the idea he went to high-school and got a lovely girlfriend named Katie Vick.

Sephzilla

I was always under the impression that Undertaker's power came from the Urn, not from genetics. Which is why Kane existing felt so fucked up

bjork

He showed up in the era where the Warrior had powers from the gods above. That was just how it was done.

Plus, the real Undertaker died in 1994. No one cares about the backstory of a wrestler's whose entire gimmick is cosplaying a dead guy.

Top Bottom