• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Bless the Big Guy's heart, he tried dammit!

By the way Ryback was not red hot as a face. And WWE didn't miss something here.

They probably saw in that "feed me more" thing the same kind of quick fad that was the fandango music.

You got people over cause they have qualities, and you got short fads that won't last long. WWE learned how to not jump too soon in any random crowd reaction.

Ryback was only legit as a bully character anyway. They should have had him be a real monster heel. They knew how to do that in the past.
I don't know about that, I still recall that elimination chamber six man tag against the shield where he was on the same team as Cena and then forced super face Sheamus, the crowd had mixed reactions for those two but were popping huge for Ryback.
He could've gotten over I tells ya!

Would it be because of their mother having some weird supernatural connection given both he and Kane end up with the weird mystical abilities since they're half-brothers only?

Gotta love Kane's backstory. Even back when he was masked and apparently scarred in the face (before they retconned it with the mental scars bullshit) they sold us with the idea he went to high-school and got a lovely girlfriend named Katie Vick.
Still fucks me right off, them retcons, mah precious Kane Kanon!

bjork

My dad asked if I saw anything I liked, and that he could stop to check out stuff today, since I have to work tonight and my bedtime is early. I told him about a pretty nice-looking car I saw online, but it's like 40 miles from here and if I were going to go, I'd go after work tomorrow morning. He called just now as he was looking at it, and apparently there's a lady who is trying to get financing for it, but when the guy heard I'm buying it outright, he suddenly wants to make a deal. So I'm gonna head down there tomorrow after work, and hopefully it's still there. I'd love to take this Veloster back to the rental place, because it's not as cool as I'd hoped it would be.

it's @somewhatgroovy

got them both. good times

Mahonay

Banned
This was the notification I got:
b2ny89e.gif

Zach

🤔

So there's a lot going on here. After that Michael Cole Republican National Convention segment, there's this ominous "address to presidential candidates" or whatever that kind of reiterates Cole's babbling. And then it made me laugh because it said "World Wrestling Federation TV entertainment". And then I got a kick out of the closed captioning saying "World Wrestling Entertainment TV entertainment". And now, lastly, I'm enjoying that, naturally, there is an "IS GAY" sign in the background.

Recall

🤔

So there's a lot going on here. After that Michael Cole Republican National Convention segment, there's this ominous "address to presidential candidates" or whatever that kind of reiterates Cole's babbling. And then it made me laugh because it said "World Wrestling Federation TV entertainment". And then I got a kick out of the closed captioning saying "World Wrestling Entertainment TV entertainment". And now, lastly, I'm enjoying that, naturally, there is an "IS GAY" sign in the background.

The word federation autocorrects to entertainment. It's pretty crazy how far they go to remove its existence.

jmdajr

Looking at pics I took at a TNA PPV show in 2008. Man they had a good thing going before Hogan showed up.

A_zpsyk0lvhla.jpg

But Matt picking up the pieces.

Barrage

Maaaan, I really hope theyre not gonna try and force a Dana Face TURN. Thats gonna get ugly.

If Dana reteams with Emma, on the other hand...

How far is Emma from returning?

Kaladin

Looking at pics I took at a TNA PPV show in 2008. Man they had a good thing going before Hogan showed up.

A_zpsyk0lvhla.jpg

But Matt picking up the pieces.

Def, TNA got a lot of shit for Russo, but they had some good things going then. They were especially at their best right before Hogan came in.

Which PPV and where was this?

Recall

Yeah, I figured it out, Recall!

:D

But I'm assuming they have to edit it out, per their agreement with The Real World's WWF.

No the agreement allows them to say "World Wrestling Federation" it's just the phrase WWF was not allowed but even now they've have an agreement concerning the old logos and how they don't need to be blurred.

Federation being changed to Entertainment is all Vince.

bjork

got some pretty unstoppable gas today, friends

I think day-old Little Caesar that I ate yesterday is trying to get revenge on me for whatever reason.

Fox318

I still can't get over how delusional Punk was in thinking that he would win and thinking he was ready for this. He should have pulled out if only to protect his brand value.

Seeing how hard guys train and training yourself you must know how good you are, what it means to be a brown belt, what it means to have experience, what it means to see a young talent improve in the gym when doing something for years.

But he was out there telling people after 3 wins he would get a title shot, that he would dominate in the fight, that Gall was just a punk kid.

Maybe he can live with himself by just talking about how much money he made but he's going to have to wake up for the rest of his life knowing that with 2 years of training his footwork was that of a 6 year old wrestler and handwork that 67 year old person at a self defense class.

Just insane.

Fox318

Does AJ's title carry the lineage or through some technicality that he didn't win the main WWE Title.

I'd say so.

And the only reason why it isn't considered the main title is because Ambrose really dropped the ball this year in the ring after the lesnar match.

Its nice that he cuts a promo like a champ but him dressed the way he is and wrestling the way he does is not a main event style and does not help legitimize a title.

Fox318

WCW in 1999 and 2000 is like if you took every bad idea ever and aired them at the same time.

and it was still better in the ratings than raw today

Zach

Hey, you guys were talking about WWE having some good champions these days. But look at WCW 2000, daddeh!

World Champion

tumblr_nbx2vndE9B1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

World Tag Team Champions

latest

United States Champion

lancestorm007zs8.jpg~c200

Hardcore Champion

5668_540_crop_north.jpg

Cruiserweight Champion

6404835.jpg

Pretty good. Can't wait to see what's in this fine company's future!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait I thought you didn't like Bookah?

I don't think he's 'underrated' like a lot of people think. He's just ok.

And he was one of the few people left in WCW at that point that had a great look and came off like a star. Which was moslty due to the crowd, his history with the company and his appearance.

I mean, he looks more like a star than Jeff Jarrett.

cordy

Banned
I'd say so.

And the only reason why it isn't considered the main title is because Ambrose really dropped the ball this year in the ring after the lesnar match.

Its nice that he cuts a promo like a champ but him dressed the way he is and wrestling the way he does is not a main event style and does not help legitimize a title.

You're wrong here.

WON confirmed that Styles was actually going to be the first person to hold the Universal Championship. Ambrose wasn't going to win the WWE Title, Reigns was going to streamroll over Rollins, keep the title on Raw and then AJ would be the first Universal Champion which, as we know, isn't the main belt. Ambrose got the WWE Title after Reigns got popped. If anything, Ambrose probably would have cashed in on AJ's reign but the point I'm making is say Reigns didn't screw up, SD would have the secondary title regardless.

Now SD has the belt with the biggest lineage. It's still the main belt according to the WWE. It's just not on Raw. The belt's even the main belt on .com.

Kaladin

I'm heading down to Full Sail Live tomorrow to experience the CWC Finale Live. I can't wait. This is my first time seeing a live production at Full Sail, everything else has been tapings. I'm legit looking forward to these matches. They have pulled off some amazing stuff over this tournament and it is quite easily the best thing thing WWE has done this year.

Top Bottom