• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've perceived how fucked the WWE is since the 90s brother

Kaladin

Holy shit, Ryback pulled a Warrior and legally changed his name to his gimmick. Wow. Just wow.

It isn't even a good name either. And he had the chance to change it Rydberg, too. Missed opportunities.

At least he's not changing it to just Ryback like Warrior changed his to just Warrior.

klonere

Banned
The business is evolving, the audience is evolving, television is evolving, Nielsen is evolving, the number system is evolving.

But the WWE money is still all in TV hehehehehe

Sorry Sunny if you are reading this. I appreciated your positive outlook. But now it is time to shit on the ratings each week and watch this company scramble and wither.

Kaladin

Question, with Warrior's name change to Warrior, I know his wife is publicly known as Dana Warrior, but is that a legal name change too? What about his kids? Is their last name Warrior?

cordy

Banned
"Ryback" changing his name to Ryback doesn't surprise me. That sounds like something he'd do. Like, he's the kind of guy that would build a secret base for an alien invasion in his spare time.
It has nothing to do with the wrestlers and everything to do with bad pacing and writing. No wrestler will save these ratings alone.

The company believes whoever's champion is the one who the ratings fall on though which is why people blame the champion.

Lothar

Banned
They stopped booking for the casual fans and now all they have left is Wrasslin fans. They got worked into a shoot.

Vince Russo?

I hear him say that all the time. It's totally true though.

A heel champion should not be getting You Deserve It chants. That means something is wrong. It would make absolute no sense to the casual audience. The product needs to be fixed.

Kaladin

Degenerate into something fool, we just got tired of doing what you told us to do.

That's the breaks boy.

Yeaaaaaah.

That's the breaks, little man.

Break it down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure declining ratings have nothing to do with who the champion is and how the show is booked and a lot more with generally declining interest in watching people pretend to fight.

Vince Russo?

I hear him say that all the time. It's totally true though.

A heel champion should not be getting You Deserve It chants. That means something is wrong. It would make absolute no sense to the casual audience. The product needs to be fixed.

Vince Russo has been making alot of sense the past year or so. Maybe its just all the shiet booking of the past decade or so has finally caught up to the WWE. They have a great roster currently but they are still misusing a ton of them. Luckily for them all their PG deals and sponsors will keep them alive and well.

Toki767

Yep. Statistically casuals have already abandoned ship. Now you're just losing people you had forever that aren't ever coming back once you lose them

Those are the dangerous ones to lose. The ones who will put up with your crap but once they realize they really don't need it because you shit on them so much, never really go back to it again.

Caderfix

It has nothing to do with the wrestlers and everything to do with bad pacing and writing. No wrestler will save these ratings alone.

Exactly. That's why I gave that response to "lol The Kevin Owens show" made by someone who, if I remember correctly, is a Roman fan. To point out how stupid comments like that are.

orioto

Good Art™
WWE lost casual a long time ago, it the core that is leaving now.

Defines what you call "core". Cause actually i'm not sure the RAW roster has been as legit as it is, wrestling quality wise right now. Or WWE in general, with guys like Zayn, Owens, AJ, Cesaro etc...

So we're talking "cores" who wants attitude era stars rather than actual good wrestling.

Cause honestly, the wrestling has probably never been that good, averagely, in WWE. I'm talking about what happens in the ring.

But the wrestling industry has been based on some misunderstanding from the beginning anyway. It was never for the wrestling it seems.

Heroman

Banned
Defines what you call "core". Cause actually i'm not sure the RAW roster has been as legit as it is, wrestling quality wise right now. Or WWE in general, with guys like Zayn, Owens, AJ, Cesaro etc...

So we're talking "cores" who wants attitude era stars rather than actual good wrestling.

Cause honestly, the wrestling has probably never been that good, averagely, in WWE. I'm talking about what happens in the ring.

But the wrestling industry has been based on some misunderstanding from the beginning anyways. It was never for the wrestling it seems.
The core are people who watch week in and week out , people like me who can't stand it anymore. It doesn't matter how good the wrestling is if you have a bad show people aren't going to watch.

Top Bottom