• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Think it's a coincidence that long-dead "arcades" tend to have iOS games on a big screen? Doodle Jump plays for $0.50? Fruit Ninja?

Raw64life

PWI rankings have always been a work. If you spend most of their ranking period as a World Heavyweight Champion, you'll be in the top 5 no matter how much you suck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here, Sephzilla, I'll give your robotic antiquated ass a glimpse into the future!

Everyone will start to have a screen, or wall, that is used for gaming. It'll wirelessly sync to your mobile device.

That's the end of consoles. Because why make a game for a few million people when you can make it for over a billion?

Menome

Top five games of the year so far, in no particular order:

Obduction
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Battleborn
Pony Island
Dark Souls III

Still have to try and get through Oxenfree, Doom, Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex. Plus stuff that's yet to come out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was kinda weird playing Heavy Rain last weekend on the PS4 (and it is HILARIOUSLY glitchy, terrible port) and seeing that Nahman Jayden's glasses and everything he does as a very close reality now, as opposed to futuristic shit. I'm tellin ya. Consoles as you know them gotta go, and will.

imBask

Banned
Here, Sephzilla, I'll give your robotic antiquated ass a glimpse into the future!

Everyone will start to have a screen, or wall, that is used for gaming. It'll wirelessly sync to your mobile device.

That's the end of consoles. Because why make a game for a few million people when you can make it for over a billion?

it's the end of consoles as we know it because phones will be able to run consoles-type game by then, I still don't see what you're saying

Sephzilla

I literally don't even know what NVM is talking about anymore because he's talking about something that isn't even related to consoles at all. There's still very clearly a huge demand for high end console gaming. Are you seriously proposing that within the next decade smart phones are going to be on par with a console or a PC?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Top five games of the year so far, in no particular order:

Obduction
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Battleborn
Pony Island
Dark Souls III

Still have to try and get through Oxenfree, Doom, Mirror's Edge and Deus Ex. Plus stuff that's yet to come out.

Oxenfree is pretty neat and I highly recommend it. It's a neat little thing. Might take you a few hours.

imBask

Banned
I literally don't even know what NVM is talking about anymore because he's talking about something that isn't even related to consoles at all. There's still very clearly a huge demand for high end console gaming. Are you seriously proposing that within the next decade smart phones are going to be on par with a console?

i'm proposing that. It starts with the NX BAYBEEE

Did I read that someone was anticipating The Last Guardian in here?

THE LAST GUARDIAN...IN 2016

If you're excited for that game, then you must have a screw loose. Enjoy a janky PS2 game a decade later.

It was kinda weird playing Heavy Rain last weekend on the PS4 (and it is HILARIOUSLY glitchy, terrible port) and seeing that Nahman Jayden's glasses and everything he does as a very close reality now, as opposed to futuristic shit. I'm tellin ya. Consoles as you know them gotta go, and will.
I had quite possibly, the worst ever first run of that game. God, I was just awful at it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I literally don't even know what NVM is talking about anymore because he's talking about something that isn't even related to consoles at all. There's still very clearly a huge demand for high end console gaming. Are you seriously proposing that within the next decade smart phones are going to be on par with a console?
Easily. EASILY. You even have these console versions of games on iOS where the only thing stopping traditional "gamers" from enjoying them as much is the control method.

Ten years is a no brainer, easily.

ReiGun

Did I read that someone was anticipating The Last Guardian in here?

THE LAST GUARDIAN...IN 2016

If you're excited for that game, then you must have a screw loose. Enjoy a janky PS2 game a decade later.

But Beef....The E3 of Dreams. Can't lose the hype, breh.

No way that game lives up to the hype surrounding it. The backlash is going to be legendary.

Zach

I like XCOM 2 a lot. I liked the previous one and a half (Enemy Within and Unknown) a lot. Before that the only XCOM I enjoyed was the first-ass first one on PC. It just didn't do enough. I still felt fresh from Enemy Within that my body didn't want a new XCOM that badly. No fault of its own. That, and there's been some hellacious great games this year.

Ultimately XCOM 2 is more of the same, much more. But if you want something more advanced in different directions, XCOM 2 is not that game. Still love it.

Sounds good to me. I didn't play the .5 of XCOM 1.

Sephzilla

Easily. EASILY. You even have these console versions of games on iOS where the only thing stopping traditional "gamers" from enjoying them as much is the control method.

Ten years is a no brainer, easily.

You're telling me smartphones in 10 years will be technologically par with consoles and PCs 10 years from now as well.

hJCPJh2.gif

imBask

Banned
You're telling me smartphones in 10 years will be technologically par with consoles and PCs 10 years from now as well.

I wouldn't say PC, but lesser versions of consoles? yes.

Most phones are already blowing Vita and 3DS out and there's waaaay more money behind smartphones researches than traditionnal gaming

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

hJCPJh2.gif
PC is a different matter because you can actually do things with them.

Consoles are junk especially compared to PC. I've not seen a tech jump from PC so far beyond consoles since this gen. It's almost embarrassing. Antiquated, like I said. You just don't want to admit it.

Compare early iOS games with what they're doing now. Even that crappy (and old) Infinity Blade should show you the kind of fidelity they had back then. They're only getting more powerful.

Of course, you'll see it mainly on android. Don't have faith Apple is going to push any boundaries like they used to. Cook sucks.

Sephzilla

I wouldn't say PC, but lesser versions of consoles? yes.

Most phones are already blowing Vita and 3DS out and there's waaaay more money behind smartphones researches than traditionnal gaming

Well yeah, that's why handheld gaming died.

It also didn't help that the 3DS is actually hilariously underpowered. It basically runs off of technology equivalent to a mid/late 2000's phone.

PC is a different matter because you can actually do things with them.

Consoles are junk especially compared to PC. I've not seen a tech jump from PC so far beyond consoles since this gen. It's almost embarrassing. Antiquated, like I said. You just don't want to admit it.

Compare early iOS games with what they're doing now. Even that crappy (and old) Infinity Blade should show you the kind of fidelity they had back then. They're only getting more powerful.

Of course, you'll see it mainly on android. Don't have faith Apple is going to push any boundaries like they used to. Cook sucks.

Infinity Blade is actually a really bad example because it sacrificed actually being a game to show graphical fidelity. It was basically the mobile version of The Order 1886. It's gameplay was nothing more than glorified QTEs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
3s is (and likely always will be) the best Street Fighter ever. I just felt the need to state that.
You're right, I just know better than to even speak to FallingEdge, he just regurgitates the opposite of the truth whenever he posts. Not even real opinions!

imBask

Banned
Well yeah, that's why handheld gaming died.

It also didn't help that the 3DS is actually hilariously underpowered. It basically runs off of technology equivalent to a mid/late 2000's phone.

Consoles are next in that sense, I agree with NVM in that sense

ALTHOUGH he seems to think garbage 50cents game will take over and traditionnal gaming will die, which I disagree with

Sephzilla

I'll agree with NVM once there's actually evidence to support it in the home console realm. This was supposed to be the generation where home consoles die because everybody was predicting a dropoff from the PS3/360. Instead we're getting one of the most prosperous generations in terms of sales and install bases.

Not copying the whole interview as it's very very long but Ryback goes more into detail in what he said earlier
Reeves claimed that deciding not to re-sign with the world's largest professional wrestling promotion was about creative and WWE limiting his opportunities to go his brand. Apparently, he and Triple H got heated during the course of their contract negotiations.

"Me and Hunter had many conversations in that last year and they were quite heated at times. And I would tell him, 'it's not about the money' and he goes, 'it sounds like it's completely about the money'. No, and he finally understood when we were finally done our last talk. It was about creative and it was about limiting me as a brand because I am responsible for my brand, the Ryback brand, the Feed Me More brand, that I believe so strongly in. And when I'm told that I have to go out there and lose in two minutes or not have any buildup for a pay-per-view match, which happened time and time again, when I'm not given opportunities to do promos and be myself, that's what truly bothers me."

Reeves added, "I think the wrestling business has been a certain way for so long, that just because they did some things a certain way, and people have gone with it for so long, that doesn't make it right. And I think it's time to start taking a look at things because the performers are the core of the brand. The WWE does not exist without the wrestlers and wrestlers still exist without the WWE. But the WWE is not where it is without its core, and that is the wrestlers."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0901/617138/ryback-on-heated-talks-with-triple-h/

imBask

Banned
I'll agree with NVM once there's actually evidence to support it in the home console realm. This was supposed to be the generation where home consoles die because everybody was predicting a dropoff from the PS3/360. Instead we're getting one of the most prosperous generations in terms of sales and install bases.

now watch Sony sabotage it by releasing the Neo for $500 and do a terrible job at telling the current 40M+ PS4 owners that their console is not going to be left in the dirt

because it's going to be left in the dirt soon enough

Sephzilla

I like to believe Steve Jobs dying caused some spell to be broken and the end result was everyone realizing Apple was always just a company of smoke and mirrors marketing. Apple was never actually a boundary pusher, beyond maybe iTunes.

now watch Sony sabotage it by releasing the Neo for $500 and do a terrible job at telling the current 40M+ PS4 owners that their console is not going to be left in the dirt

because it's going to be left in the dirt soon enough

I'm kind of worried about this, actually. Since #ArrogantSony is starting to make a comeback.

Zach

Did I read that someone is a fan of Digimon in here?

DIGIMON...IN 2016

If you're still excited for Digimon, then you must be an unloved man-child. Enjoy virtual pets designed for children a decade or two later.

They do a top 50 for women later in the year. Last year was Nikki #1, Sasha #2

Oh. I see.

notworksafe

Late but here's the #INDIEPOSTERTHURSDAY from the latest show of a local New Mexico org

lFUEqDz.jpg

Edit: Oh snap, top of the
ddpface.gif

gif courtesy legitshook.com

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did I read that someone is a fan of Digimon in here?

DIGIMON...IN 2016

If you're still excited for Digimon, then you must be an unloved man-child. Enjoy virtual pets designed for children a decade or two later.

Oh. I see.
It's consistently the funniest thing about Professor Beef. Digimon have always been low rent but man, they're really bad

Top Bottom