• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

People getting all worked up about gimmicked rankings and fake belts, and meanwhile are trying to get themselves over by going increasingly risque or starting feuds over WCW grades. But guess what

nash1167jw0.gif

Even if he was on board he's still have to get past Vince.

Those promos between HHH and Punk are basically worked shoots. The mutual disrespect is equal.

I don't know about Booker and HHH. But Booker is still willing to work there.

R.I.P. Owen.

The Booker/HHH feud remains the worst I've ever seen in company history

Telling Booker PEOPLE LIKE YOU don't get to beat me or be champ

And then he is proven right, winning the feud, after hitting a pedigree and taking 26 full seconds to go for the cover and getting the win

At a Mania where every other finisher got kicked out of at least once

Cagey

Banned
The Definitive WrassleGAF Power Rankings

World Heavyweight Champion
Chamber

Universal Heavyweight Champion
Bluekavelli

Intercontinental Champion
Cagey

United States Champion
Zach

European Champion
Sephzilla

Television Champion
Fox318

Hardcore Champion
Vince McMahon

NWA Heavyweight Champion
Data West

Money In The Bank
Fantomex

Smoky Mountain Wrestling Champion
RBH

This is how rankings should be done on WrassleGaf Maggle.
tumblr_o7putaMqCz1ubatowo3_400.gif

Striker

Even if he was on board he's still have to get past Vince.

Those promos between HHH and Punk are basically worked shoots. The mutual disrespect is equal.

I don't know about Booker and HHH. But Booker is still willing to work there.

R.I.P. Owen.
Book responded to that question before and never had an issue in losing that match. I feel like he's too much of a standup guy to ridicule or bash the company or their decision making (the office).

Though with the story in that angle being "dance for me, Book" and then looking like a buffoon in the end of the match, it certainly did him no favors and made everybody look bad.

Fox318

It was best for him

That's HHH in a nutshell.

From a moneymaking standpoint and a business standpoint it isn't.

I mean if his ego is so fucking bad that he needs the belt and he needs the win then why not just have it?

HHH works in an office with every wrestling belt in existence on his wall so why not just make him the champ?

He's one of 3 people that actually have sway on Vince so why not just book yourself as the champ? Its fucking fake anyway so just keep the belt?

From a moneymaking standpoint and a business standpoint it isn't.

I mean if his ego is so fucking bad that he needs the belt and he needs the win then why not just have it?

HHH works in an office with every wrestling belt in existence on his wall so why not just make him the champ?

He's one of 3 people that actually have sway on Vince so why not just book yourself as the champ? Its fucking fake anyway so just keep the belt?

That was pretty much the Reigns feud. Nobody else could get him over, so he got the chance to say "fuck it, I can do it myself" while also winning a Rumble and a world title long after even his biggest fans thought he should have been able to do either.

Last night's live WWE SmackDown, featuring the fallout from Backlash with new champions plus John Cena and Dean Ambrose vs. WWE World Champion AJ Styles and WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz in the main event, drew 2.658 million viewers. This up from last week's show, which drew 2.454 million viewers.

SmackDown was #5 for the night in viewership, behind If Loving You Is Wrong, The Kelly File, The O'Reilly Factor and Special Report with Bret Baier., and #1 in the 18-49 demographic.

Fox318

That was pretty much the Reigns feud. Nobody else could get him over, so he got the chance to say "fuck it, I can do it myself" while also winning a Rumble and a world title long after even his biggest fans thought he should have been able to do either.

Even then it wasn't about getting Roman over.

He was supposed to be the heel but there he is hanging out with all of his "NXT Kids" and coming out to events like he is the star.

There's nothing wrong with him wanting to be the ringmaster of a badass circus but you can't be the bad guy at the same time.

Mahonay

Banned
The Definitive WrassleGAF Power Rankings

World Heavyweight Champion
Chamber

Universal Heavyweight Champion
Bluekavelli

Intercontinental Champion
Cagey

United States Champion
Zach

European Champion
Sephzilla

Television Champion
Fox318

Hardcore Champion
Vince McMahon

NWA Heavyweight Champion
Data West

Money In The Bank
Fantomex

Smoky Mountain Wrestling Champion
RBH

This is how rankings should be done on WrassleGaf Maggle.

I'd like to submit my fake athletics resume for a jobber position.

Menome

Ellsworth should get a shocking debut at the royal rumble and eliminate 2 people.

Left in the ring alone and he starts celebrating saying to bring it on.

Then Kane or another heel comes out and throws him out of the ring after throwing him around.

Maybe have Brock do it.

James Ellsworth comes into the ring. Throws out a bunch of people. He's unstoppable. No one can beat him except:

BRAAAAAAAAUUUUUN

I wonder if they would be better Smackdown having the 3rd hour.

They wouldn't have to go up against football.
Then you'd make the ratings the sd go down. I always used to feign for sd to be longer but after this whole 3 hours with Raw, I'm glad it never happened.

I mean, is it a good idea that Smackdown does better? It gives me a bad feeling Vince would raid its stars and toss them to Raw.

I wonder if they would be better having Smackdown have the 3rd hour.

They wouldn't have to go up against football.
Smackdown being two hours is a big reason why it's good. It's not overly drawn-out.

It's not the talent imo, it's the writing and micro management.
Yeah, it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vince took a look at the positive reaction to the likes of Slater and Rhyno, Becky and what-not and figures if they're on Raw, ratings will go up.

Although to be honest, I think Vince is mostly aware of what's going on. Like I hate people who scream 'this had to be Triple H and not Vince' the second one decent bit of good booking happens.

klonere

Banned
I mean there's no doubt he has his flaws, he's a bit skinny, can be a bit exhibitionist when it comes to the open sequences and can give the air of not caring sometimes.

But when he's on, he's fucking incredible. His matches vs Cobb, Hero, Ospreay, Scrull, Cimapa and many more have been amazing. Still one of the best wrestlers in the world. Gallagher is a nice lad and all but hasn't half the catalog of matches ZSJ has amassed this year alone.

Honestly if he had a bit more muscle I'd say he'd be in my top 5 favs.

Top Bottom