• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Yeah, it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vince took a look at the positive reaction to the likes of Slater and Rhyno, Becky and what-not and figures if they're on Raw, ratings will go up.

Although to be honest, I think Vince is mostly aware of what's going on. Like I hate people who scream 'this had to be Triple H and not Vince' the second one decent bit of good booking happens.
I hate that shit too, I think it was the week after the draft people thought Hunter did the show but it was all Vince. I know he's old and out of touch a lot but he has his good moments. I mean if Hunter was soooo smart he would've known when to drop the title and quit suffocating the company.

cordy

Banned
Raw's ratings decreased from last week.
SD's ratings increased from last week and got higher than Raw's third hour.

Change is a'comin.

Bret-Taker-HBK-SummerSlam-97-gifs-001_003.gif
I'm too fast for ya. Sorry for whoever was behind me

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I sincerely can't believe how horrendous Raw has been since the split.

Three hours is way too long for that roster and the writing is so much worse than SmackDown. So it ends up being a slog to try and sit through.

SmackDown opened with the same 20 minute promo that Raw always has, but it never seemed like it and it all felt like it was building toward something. The entire show has clearer characters with more real motivations and they don't dick around in getting to the point. Raw would've totally thrown Corbin into that tag match, but they actually played into his character and had him say no. It's simple things that make SD just so much more palatable.

sora87

The main four I want on Raw from the CWC (seems Ibushi and ZSJ aren't signing apparently) is Tozawa, Cedric Alexander, Jack Gallagher and TJ.

Put Kendrick on SD and have him feud with The Miz for D.Bry.

One would assume. He could be an NXT guy as well.

All the Cruiserweights will work NXT and Raw simultaneously. Triple H as said as much because they don't have enough spots on house shows and Raw to feature all of them every week and they don't want the guys sitting around and not working.

klonere

Banned
All the Cruiserweights will work NXT and Raw simultaneously. Triple H as said as much because they don't have enough spots on house shows and Raw to feature all of them every week and they don't want the guys sitting around and not working.

Cool, sounds good.

Indie trash will save NXT once again.

You know what never made sense to me?

Why did the higher-ups gets upset at Smackdown beating Raw back in 2002-2003 when Brock, the star they had been pushing as THE guy for over a year, was on Thursday nights? Matches with Brock often got the main event slot over Triple H as well.

I'm probably gonna start New Blood Rising tonight. Anyone seen it? Have fond memories? No SWERVE spoilers, please.
There's one very memorable moment. You'll know it when you see it because your eyes will roll right out of your head.

Toki767

Out of curiosity, who in NXT that is not or was not known on the indie scene has the biggest chance of ever capturing the NXT Championship?

Probably would've been Baron Corbin but they brought him up.

You know what never made sense to me?

Why did the higher-ups gets upset at Smackdown beating Raw back in 2002-2003 when Brock, the star they had been pushing as THE guy for over a year, was on Thursday nights? Matches with Brock often got the main event slot over Triple H as well.

There's one very memorable moment. You'll know it when you see it because your eyes will roll right out of your head.

Because Heyman was the booker of the show. They didn't want to give him credit basically.

Did you watch it when it aired? Or later in life? Why?

I watched it later with no knowledge of what was going to happen. It's just an awful show. Every match other than the opener is garbage, and even that match is dragged down by a dumb finish. And they try way, way too hard with the "shoot/worked shoot" BS. It's a terrible show in every way it can be terrible, whether that be match quality, crowd heat, or story quality.

I think the perfect summary of New Blood Rising comes from Stro in his review (I'll spoiler tag it for Zach):

This is QUINTESSENTIAL WCW 2000. Multiple worked shoots. The first being Stacy's yet to be revealed pregnancy. Everyone breaks character, the announcers talk about the script and use real names. The second being everything about Goldberg/Nash/Steiner. For the month prior on TV, they all (and Russo) got to do SHOOT interviews about the feud. The night of the show, Nash straight up says he's going over Steiner. The announcers completely drop kayfabe at the start of the match to talk about booking decisions and who would agree to be the one to job. They float in and out of that for the rest of the match, with the smarkiest shit this side of Matt Striker. To be clear, Goldberg is working an injury that was given as the excuse for him not to show up at the start of the match. The announcers say that is awfully convenient and imply that it is a worked injury to get him out of having to job. But he sells it the entire match and even after walking out on the match. Russo comes out and tells him to get back into the ring in front of the crowd, while the announcers tell you this wasn't supposed to be the finish. They then go on to praise Nash and Steiner for being professionals and improvising a finish. If only there was a Total Divas for WCW in 2000. I would love to see the pay off to the angle on that show where they reveal the worked shoot was a work the whole time, but ended up becoming a SHOOT over something trivial like Goldberg freezing his sperm and Scott Steiner missing a photo shoot to work on his rap album.

This doesn't even get into all the ref bumps, run ins, and multiple gimmick matches not even worked within their gimmicks. It's just such a mess.

Oh, and THE NEW BLOOD ANGLE ENDED BEFORE THE PPV. Just perfect in every way.

http://www.legitshook.com/wcw-2000-remastered-by-strobogo/nbr2000

Nekofrog

Banned
The terrible opinions on ZSJ persist.

Going by only his CWC outings he has looked thoroughly unimpressive. We're all aware of the mega hype he has coming in from the indies, but if the only exposure to him is the CWC he has certainly not looked as impressive as a good deal of the other competitors.

Alucard

Banned
Smackdown's rating is also in.

http://www.topropepress.com/news/35248/smackdown-ratings-report-91316/

The SmackDown ratings are in for this week, and the news is good. For the first time since the brand split back in July, WWE’s two weekly cable shows are basically tied as far as average viewers go. This week’s episode of SmackDown Live drew 2.658 million viewers. That is up from last week where the blue brand drew 2.454 million. The show drew a 1.86 cable rating.

But, the big news is that SmackDown and RAW had roughly the same average audience this week. RAW averaged 2.69 million this week with a 1.88 cable rating, so WWE’s flagship show and Tuesday night’s show were neck and neck.

I just looked over the card for New Blood Rising. And I see the names KroniK, General Rection, Major Gunns, and Ms. Hancock.

I think it's a good thing I didn't watch dying WCW until later in life. Not sure my adolescent psyche could have handled it.
I think the perfect summary of New Blood Rising comes from Stro in his review (I'll spoiler tag it for Zach):

http://www.legitshook.com/wcw-2000-remastered-by-strobogo/nbr2000
Yep, it would have shattered into a thousand pieces.

Top Bottom