• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

Were these douches actually booing at children? Like, turning around in their seats to boo them? Probably not, right?

I mean, even booing to drown out a children's chant is laaame and I would love it if they were kicked out for that because I'm crazy, but that's not going to happen, so really your complaint is with WWE, right? They're allowing them to be douchebags. And if they're frequent offenders like you guys say, you'd think they wouldn't be allowed to sit there anymore.

Were they booing Perkins because they liked Swann better?

Because Perkins craps all over Swann in terms of overall package.

That's absolutely why. They didn't like that Swann lost, so they chanted "bullshit" at him. Keep in mind these same ten people are the ones doing the dumb poses with guys like Angelo Dawkins.

Zach

Because no one cares that you get off on cheekiness, Cagey.

(I didn't watch Smackdown. Is Cena being cheeky. I bet he's being cheeky.)

Were these douches actually booing at children? Like, turning around in their seats to boo them? Probably not, right?

I mean, even booing to drown out a children's chant is laaame and I would love it if they were kicked out for that because I'm crazy, but that's not going to happen, so really your complaint is with WWE, right? They're allowing them to be douchebags. And if they're frequent offenders like you guys say, you'd think they wouldn't be allowed to sit there anymore.

One of them turned around to look at who was chanting, saw who it was (three or four kids), and then they all started booing loudly to drown it out.

The problem is that they are assholes, but they really aren't doing anything you can justifiably kick them out over. They'd argue they are just expressing themselves in their own way. There have been a bunch of times where I've seen people in the crowd yell at them to stop or shut up, but they just get upset and act like bigger asses with their chants and BS. They are really the only noticeably consistent part of that crowd though, so I'd guess WWE doesn't get complaints about them because those who would complain aren't there often enough to notice it being a recurring thing.

That's absolutely why. They didn't like that Swann lost, so they chanted "bullshit" at him. Keep in mind these same ten people are the ones doing the dumb poses with guys like Angelo Dawkins.
So these guys are basically responsible for most of the dumb chants that generally (and thankfully) don't catch on and die within a minute that happen on NXT? Because those things are always so goddamn annoying and I'm glad that usually they're chanted by just that group and most others don't try to actually do it themselves.

One of them turned around to look at who was chanting, saw who it was (three or four kids), and then they all started booing loudly to drown it out.

The problem is that they are assholes, but they really aren't doing anything you can justifiably kick them out over. They'd argue they are just expressing themselves in their own way. There have been a bunch of times where I've seen people in the crowd yell at them to stop or shut up, but they just get upset and act like bigger asses with their chants and BS. They are really the only noticeably consistent part of that crowd though, so I'd guess WWE doesn't get complaints about them because those who would complain aren't there often enough to notice it being a recurring thing.

I mean to be fair, who do even you complain to at a WWE show? It's not like a PROGRESS where you can go find the promoter at the interval, at best you're going to get some security guard at the venue

So these guys are basically responsible for most of the dumb chants that generally (and thankfully) don't catch on and die within a minute that happen on NXT? Because those things are always so goddamn annoying and I'm glad that usually they're chanted by just that group and most others don't try to actually do it themselves.

They're exactly why that stuff happens, and they are persistent as fuck. I remember specifically during the second round CWC tapings during one of the middle matches, they tried to start an unrelated chant because I guess they thought the match wasn't great, but it wouldn't catch on so they just kept trying and trying and trying. Eventually one of the guys sitting in front of me just stood up and told them "Guys, seriously, fucking stop" and eventually they did.

XShagrath

I think I was right behind those guys at one of the early NXT taping when there were only two of them. After a while, I just tapped one of them on the shoulder and asked them to knock it off. He claimed they were just having fun. I told him he was fucking annoying and he shut up for the night.

Mahonay

Banned
I mean to be fair, who do even you complain to at a WWE show? It's not like a PROGRESS where you can go find the promoter at the interval, at best you're going to get some security guard at the venue
Yeah that is likely the primary reason these fuckheads can carry on like that at almost every show. Different set up.
I think I was right behind those guys at one of the early NXT taping when there were only two of them. After a while, I just tapped one of them on the shoulder and asked them to knock it off. He claimed they were just having fun. I told him he was fucking annoying and he shut up for the night.
The hero we need.

Zach

There have been a bunch of times where I've seen people in the crowd yell at them to stop or shut up, but they just get upset and act like bigger asses with their chants and BS.

Ya know, when I went to NXT Dallas, Izzy's weirdo parents acted like they ran the place and gave people the evil eye for chanting stuff like "Which one's Dash? Which one's Dawson?"

I wanted them to die.

I'm not saying they're similar to the douchebags you're referring to, but I thought of it and wanted to yell.

Oh, and after they'd evil eye people for what they deemed an unsavory chant, they'd try to start up their own superior chant. It was really weird.

Mahonay

Banned
Ya know, when I went to NXT Dallas, Izzy's weirdo parents acted like they ran the place and gave people the evil eye for chanting stuff like "Which one's Dash? Which one's Dawson?"

I wanted them to die.

I'm not saying they're similar to the douchebags you're referring to, but I thought of it and wanted to yell.
Yeah that's the general impression I get of the Izzy parents from other fan anecdotes I've heard.

I wanted them to die.

Oh, and after they'd evil eye people for what they deemed an unsavory chant, they'd try to start up their own superior chant. It was really weird.
That seems like the opposite extreme, the kind of people in WrassleGAF trashing London crowds after Takeover.

Wrassle fans are all shitty, except the good ones.

Zach

The only thing worse was the guy there by himself trying to start the worst chants that never caught on. And then he'd try a tried-and-true favorite and it wouldn't work, and then seconds later someone else would start it and it would work. It was so awkward. I felt bad for him, while being annoyed all the same.

P.S. I may have chanted FIGHT FOREVER.

Booing kids should be our national pastime.

I knew NeoGAF Vince McMahon had an alternate account!

They're exactly why that stuff happens, and they are persistent as fuck. I remember specifically during the second round CWC tapings during one of the middle matches, they tried to start an unrelated chant because I guess they thought the match wasn't great, but it wouldn't catch on so they just kept trying and trying and trying. Eventually one of the guys sitting in front of me just stood up and told them "Guys, seriously, fucking stop" and eventually they did.
I don't know why people would do that. Fair enough to start a chant, but if it doesn't catch on, it doesn't catch on, no need to try and repeat it when it isn't going to work. Sorry to hear that they might be keeping you from going for the finals. I wonder if they would do the same if Perkins advances to the semi-finals tonight, especially since he's up against Ibushi.

I'd love if Perkins made it to the finals, give the last round to him and Metalik since they're heading to the main roster very soon and need something like this much more than ZSJ or Ibushi.

I by no means want to give off the impression that a lot of the Full Sail audience is bad, because most of them aren't, at least in my experience. Most of them just go with the flow and have fun. A lot of them are quiet until something interesting happens, but unfortunately the ones who are the worst also happen to be the loudest.

I wanted them to die.

I've been in line around them a few times in the past year or so at NXT shows and they do give off a vibe of feeling like they matter.

XShagrath

At least half of our population doesn't understand the basic concept of respect, so yeah never.
You're right. It's a shame though.

On a side-note, anyone know what time the doors are opening for CWC? My ticket says 6:30 like the last three, but obviously that's not the case.

P.S. I may have chanted FIGHT FOREVER.
full

It probably doesn't help that weirdos ask to take pictures with them, like they're gah dang stars.

(They, of course, oblige.)
Well, that's a bit strange. But hey, Izzy might be a future goldmine so long as they can get her to main roster events. Hell she has her own shirt.

I don't know why people would do that. Fair enough to start a chant, but if it doesn't catch on, it doesn't catch on, no need to try and repeat it when it isn't going to work. Sorry to hear that they might be keeping you from going for the finals. I wonder if they would do the same if Perkins advances to the semi-finals tonight, especially since he's up against Ibushi.

I'd love if Perkins made it to the finals, give the last round to him and Metalik since they're heading to the main roster very soon and need something like this much more than ZSJ or Ibushi.

That's what I'm afraid of. That they are just going to shit on Perkins because he's not Swann or Gargano.

sora87

Watching best of nitro to pass the time to nxt and the cwc finale, scotty riggs really sold that water bottle shot from the outsiders like a champ

That's what I'm afraid of. That they are just going to shit on Perkins because he's not Swann or Gargano.
And it's live, so unfortunately there's a chance whatever they say is going to be audible. We're getting tons of great wrestling with this sort of thing, why get upset over something where the point is mostly putting on a great performance even if you just have the one match rather then going the whole distance. Swann is still young and talented, the guy can take not making it to the semi-finals.

justjim89

So how many of the cruiserweights are coming to Raw? Surely not all 32. I know several of them are big on the indy scene, but surely they wouldn't let someone like ZSJ or Ibushi wrestle on Raw and the indies/Japan. Will the winner receive a new Cruiserweight Championship?

Top Bottom