• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

It would be great if Punk comes back and the force him to work with cruiserwights

Bruh..Haven't you seen Triple H constantly saying "who ever wins will be the Best In The World"? CM Punk is sitting at 170 right now. He's coming back to win that title and hold it forever. It's all calculated.

CsXOolfWEAE9XEq.jpg

thefro

Really glad they awarded the CW title to the winner of the CWC. No way they could do anything on Raw that would make the title mean more.

Metalik selling the wrong knee?

You always work the right side of the body (right arm /right leg) in lucha, left side in US style. So just a mistake by him.

RBH

So which cruiserweights can we expect on Raw?

TJ Perkins
Gran Metalik
Cedric Alexander
Rich Swann
Noam Dar

Who else?

Sorry, I thought the sarcasm was pretty apparent given how lacklustre I think TJP is. I'm just saying that TJP winning wasn't all that surprising given the history of mishandling Mexican talent from his incidents with Del Rio to the booking of Sombra.
No worries.

On a different note
"Bring back Harold!!"

Sorry, I thought the sarcasm was pretty apparent given how lacklustre I think TJP is. I'm just saying that TJP winning wasn't all that surprising given the history of mishandling Mexican talent from his incidents with Del Rio to the booking of Sombra.

"Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence"

I don't think it has anything to do with anyone "hating Mexicans". I just don't think Triple H understands Lucha. And unlike with British and Japanese wrestling, I don't think he has anyone around him who does either. He's shown in the past that he is willing to delegate decisions and opinions to someone who knows more about a particular thing than he does. I think he just needs to hire someone who really knows the Lucha scene and go from there.

orioto

Good Art™
Johnny working the tag team with Ciampa on NXT? Or you mean in the long run.

Now I can't wait for Raw so we can see how they setup the Cruserweight div. Hope we get a rematch with Gran at Clash.

I'm worried that tournament was really specific in its pacing and they go for something more ala tna at RAW. They won't be able to show many wrestlers each week, so.. they could go for multi man spot fests..I hope not.

Hornswoggle was the last Cruiserweight Champion before TJ Perkins. He held it for 65 days back in 2007. The same people that made that decision are still in charge today.

Hornswoggle_crucero.jpg

Fuck!

Alucard

Banned
The full list is Tozawa, Gallagher, Metalik, Perkins, Swann, Dar, Cedric, Gargano, Ciampa, and Kendrick.

Kendrick is really going to continue on? That's pretty rad. And it's strange for me to think of Ciampa as a cruiserweight given his smashmouth style. But still cool for variety in the division.

I'm worried that tournament was really specific in its pacing and they go for something more ala tna at RAW. They won't be able to show many wrestlers each week, so.. they could go for multi man spot fests..I hope not.

I doubt they'll do that. Triple H said specifically that they know they won't be able to fit every Cruiserweight guy every week. That's why they'll be working both Raw and NXT.

thefro

Hornswoggle was the last Cruiserweight Champion before TJ Perkins. He held it for 65 days back in 2007. The same people that made that decision are still in charge today.

Hornswoggle_crucero.jpg

Fuck!

WWE needs to have TJP unify the lineage by defeating Hornswaggle and X-Pac (last LHW champ).

Hornswoggle_crucero.jpg

Fuck!

To be fair, Triple H has a lot more pull nowadays. Obviously Vince still makes the final call, but I think now with three hour Raw he knows it is in his best interest to keep the CW division strong as a draw.

I think the only "multi-man train wreck match" we might see in the division is this Monday because they might want to get all the guys (or most of them at least) on the first CW-featured show.

Top Bottom