• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Yikes. Bunch of marks! I mean as much as j liked Metallik I knew his zero mic skills were gonna disqualify him from the strap. People need to be happy that they're even doing a CWC at this point.

The Full Sail Crowd is toxic at this point and I say this as a member of the Slammy Award Winning Raw After Wrestlemania 29 Crowd.

I mean, I was rooting for Gallagher and really wanted Kendrick to win, but TJP impressed me the most in the last few weeks of the CWC. I was positive he wouldn't make it passed Ibushi, but I'm glad I was wrong. I'm even happier that he won the whole thing. Can't wait to see him on Raw away from people booing and whining over the biggest achievement of his career.

Im so happy TJ Perkins won :')

I was rooting for him from the start. The man is a millenial magnet. No way can anyone under 21 not relate to his style and hip memes, and the girls clearly love his swagger.

He's such an attractive young man too, dude is totally the small town kid made famous.

TJP is easily in my top 5

----

Oh, and FUCK the Full Sail jackasses who wouldnt shut the fuck up. I wish they got kicked out. They need to be banned or punched in the face. I seriously hate those guys

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In Yakuza 6 when you do battle with Okada, you're never allowed to beat him due to an ability he has that sucks all of your HEAT bar out of you and gives about 50% of it to himself

He also does the same QTE sequences every fight.

CsXB2EHXEAAozJc.jpg

TJP was the marketable choice for the belt. Good looking kid, great backstory, and pretty "relatable" (aka prime millenial).

Shame about his ring work though, dude seemed much crisper in TNA if I remember correctly.

I hope he fucking clocked that disrespectful knucklehead in the Paul Heyman shirt though, holy shit. That dude was in all of the CWC tapings acting like a fucking dipshit. Haitch needs to ban that fucker and his ilk from all Full Sail tapings.

cordy

Banned
Yeah, I'd say Full Sail's pretty much the worst crowd now I'd say. They act like they're bigger than the damn wrestlers themselves and that they're doing the wrestlers a favor by being there.

TJP was the marketable choice for the belt. Good looking kid, great backstory, and pretty "relatable" (aka prime millenial).

Shame about his ring work though, dude seemed much crisper in TNA if I remember correctly.

Shame? Really? Did we watch the same show? I thought he was great tonight in so many ways.

Who is part of the Cruiserweight roster?

Gallagher, Kendrick, Swan, Alexander, I hope.

Gallagher, Gargano, Ciampa, Swann, TJP, Metalik, Cedric, Kendrick, Tozawa, and Dar.

Fuck that Heyman shirt guy for real. I'm not one to get #worked up but god damn.

It's even worse sitting next to him; like getting a real life reenactment of the smarkiest Reddit comments.

One time I sat near him at an NXT taping, we were in the seated section by the ramp next to the commentary booth. He was getting so pissed all night because he'd try to start a chant and no one would go along with them.

So I didn't start paying attention to Paul Heyman shirt guy until the last match, so I didn't really catch him doing anything. What exactly was he doing?

He was a dick for the entire CWC. I picked up on him literally on week 2 or so but it was nothing compared to what he was pulling off tonight.

I was doing my best to ignore him, but even after TJP won and was getting an ovation from the crowd, that asshole starts gesturing for TJP to come down and face him. Even the people sitting next him were clapping, but I guess he's got to get his shit in.

Backlash

Baron Corbin vs. Apollo Crews - **1/2

Women's Title Match - **1/4

The Usos vs. The Hype Bros - **1/2

The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler - ***1/4

Bray Wyatt vs. Kane - **3/4

The Usos vs. Rhyno and Heath Slater - ***

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. AJ Styles - ****1/4

CWC Finale

Gran Metalik vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. - ***3/4

Kota Ibushi vs. TJ Perkins - ****1/2

DIY vs. Cedric Alexander and Noam Dar - ***3/4

Gran Metalik vs. TJ Perkins - ****1/4

rrc1594

Backlash

CWC Finale

I Can't.......

rrc1594

It's even worse sitting next to him; like getting a real life reenactment of the smarkiest Reddit comments.

One time I sat near him at an NXT taping, we were in the seated section by the ramp next to the commentary booth. He was getting so pissed all night because he'd try to start a chant and no one would go along with them.

That guys the worst

Watching the Paul Heyman shirt mark fuck in the front row who kept on standing up thinking he's Vlad and having his soul crushed as TJP taps Ibushi and his unsigned ass makes me feel like

QDyqoo0.gif

Honestly hearing all the boos on a supposed face who I like; This is what it's probably like being a Roman Reigns fan. A slaughterer of faves.

Toki767

I originally thought the main plate of the cruiserweight title had 8 sides like an octagon...but it looks more like 7 sides for some reason. That bottom side seems to just be rounded rather than edged. It's weird.

At least the side plates seem like they're removable at first glance.

God and you think 2K17 had a stacked roster but can't get the Cruiserweights in time smdh.

Oh well another selling point for 2K18!

If the division is still alive at that point! Honestly it should play completely differently from the rest of the roster. I.E make it like All Stars LOL

Toki767

You guys know the main reason the CWC was good was because WWE agents had probably little to no input in laying out the matches.

I'd expect a lot of spots to be toned down on Raw. Which is probably why a submission guy like Jack Gallagher is going to shine.

Backlash

CWC Finale

I thought the woman's match was one of the better matches of the night, certainly above Bray vs Wyatt and the first round tag-match.

Aiii

So not worth it
So one final act of business before I can really start my hiatus is wrapping up the CWC.

And I feel the need to once again tell you that these dumb fucks are the absolute worst of the absolute worst:
clipboard01rtpz9.png

For instance, in this case they are booing TJ Perkins for no good reason other than that he isn't Kota Ibushi, though it is a minor offense compared to normal.

I swear these guys are either at the heart or active participants of every shitty chant that makes you go "goddammit, fuck full sail." These fat fucks are the cause of it all, especially the two on our left.

If anyone goes to a Full Sail event at any point, go ahead and tell these guys they're absolute shit, they're easy to spot because they're always smack in the middle opposite the hard camera.

Toki767

Felt bad for the Japanese lady that was sitting next to them in the front row.

You could tell she was basically just there to watch Ibushi.

Marvel

could never
Fuck those fans indeed.

They take so much away from what is going on in the ring. Kinda like tyedye, sign and brock guy too. Fuck em all.

MG310

With TJ Perkins, yet another former TNA guy is a WWE champion.

Poor Dixie must feel like shit.

Getting those Best of Manik DVDs ready as we speak.

It's TNA so half of the DVD will be Suicide matches that are actually Daniels or Kazarian under the mask.

klonere

Banned
Congrats to TJP. Ibushi is Inoki levels of crazy so its totally unsurprising that he didn't sign. Also he's got to pay off the best long term story in wrestling right now, Omega/Ibushi.

August was not a good month for the Double Double E.

WWE was down across in everything but Smackdown ratings when it comes to business in August.

Live house show attendance dropped from an average of 5,460 to an average of 4,800, or a 12.1 percent drop from last year. Attendance for Raw events stayed almost even, dropping from an average of 10,000 last year to an average of 9,800 this year, or a 2.0 percent drop.

Raw ratings for August averaged a 2.21 rating and 3.17 million viewers. That’s a little misleading because of the two shows going against the Olympics which took the average down from what would have been a 2.30 average rating and 3.34 million viewers.

Last year’s August Raw shows averaged a 2.71 and 3.79 million viewers. So throwing out the Olympics, the decline was still 15.1 percent in ratings (the key metric since that factors out drops in households getting cable) and 11.9 percent in viewers. Including the two shows against the Olympics, the drop was 18.5 percent in ratings and 16.4 percent in viewers. Those are staggering drops.

Smackdown was the only thing up with the increased ratings going on Tuesday live. The show averaged this month a 1.83 rating and 2.62 million viewers, although if you factor out the Olympics that increases to a 1.93 rating and 2.73 million viewers.

The 2015 Smackdown average for August was a 1.65 rating and 2.28 million viewers. So the increase was 10.9 percent for ratings and 14.9 percent for viewers. Factoring out the Olympics the increase was 17.0 percent for ratings and 19.7 percent for viewers. Those are great increases, but the dynamic is completely different with the brand split, and it going live on Tuesdays.

Looking forward to watching the CWC this week, got the last 3 weeks to catch up on. TJP is a solid first champ choice given you're not getting Ibushi or Sabre. Though I keep hearing rumblings from Twitter that he's got a questionable Twitter history.
WrassleGAF Power Rankings | Sept. 14, 2016

1. BlackFlip
2. KingBroly
3. FlammableD

I'M GONNA BE THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Top Bottom