• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

klonere

Banned
Goddamnit I don't think I can drop that much cash in such a short space of time but I'd love to go to that Global Wars show.

Meltz, on Vince tearing his quads again

Rich people do have access to things that will speed up recuperation faster than normal people.

and the inevitable Hogan return

It’s notable that the recent WWE Network commercials have more and more Hulk Hogan on them, including two voice clips in the latest commercial. In the past, they’ve not pushed Hogan on network commercials. We’ve all known that WWE was looking at bringing back Hogan when they thought the time was right and when they wouldn’t get a backlash for doing so. I sense this is some testing of the waters. Most wrestling fans don’t care, and Hogan will always have a nostalgia thing going for him no matter what he does, but the racist comments are a tough one to come back from, and the company can’t plead ignorance if a sponsor gets mad over it. Still, while this is not a perfect analogy at all, but seeing Ryan Lochte doing “Dancing With The Stars” so soon after he basically became the poster boy for the ugly entitled American abroad with no sponsor backlash says a lot

Fuzyfrog

Been a Regal mark since the 90s.

Makes me so happy seeing him so involved with NXT.. Will he be Hunters Pat Patterson when Hunter is running WWE?

Goddamnit I don't think I can drop that much cash in such a short space of time but I'd love to go to that Global Wars show.

Meltz, on Vince tearing his quads again

and the inevitable Hogan return

UGH No, please, no. I'm so sick of all these legends thing they do for every god damn wrestlemania. Totally enjoy watching a racist piece of shit come out in his feather boa to do some sloppy work or watching a Stone Cold with a beer gut the size of a keg barely able to lift his leg for a kick.

Kurita

Just done watching Perkins vs Ibushi.
Full Sail crowd can fuck off, don't boo Perkins, he was amazing. I only feel sorry for the tiny Japanese fan in the front row, she was devastated.

I have just realized Charly Caruso is great and has not yet turned into a robot asking questions to wrestlers. Even Reene (outside Talking Smack) sometimes gets monotone in interviews. Caruso is a breath of fresh air after JoJo's horrible interviews - although she has turned into a good ring announcer in recent weeks.

Between Mauro, Graves, Cathy Kelly, and the above WWE have found a quality group of people who do a great job of getting you interesting in the product. It is a shame they are surround the likes of JLB, Saxton, and Otunga who are constantly dragging everything down.

Cole is not even that bad anymore now I think about it

klonere

Banned
Alvarez didn't even watch the CWC, lmao what a fucking hack. Just pack it in dude, its clear you don't give a fuck anymore.

Calm your tits Klonere, or go sit with the fatties in the front row.

I'm a mark for the wrestlers, not for myself, I wouldn't fit in very well.

Clash of Champions is looking like a low key really good card.

Also was thinking that now they're heel, AJ should team with the Usos one week and hit this on Cena

RigidUncomfortableGrub.gif

Zach

So one final act of business before I can really start my hiatus is wrapping up the CWC.

And I feel the need to once again tell you that these dumb fucks are the absolute worst of the absolute worst:
clipboard01rtpz9.png

For instance, in this case they are booing TJ Perkins for no good reason other than that he isn't Kota Ibushi, though it is a minor offense compared to normal.

I swear these guys are either at the heart or active participants of every shitty chant that makes you go "goddammit, fuck full sail." These fat fucks are the cause of it all, especially the two on our left.

If anyone goes to a Full Sail event at any point, go ahead and tell these guys they're absolute shit, they're easy to spot because they're always smack in the middle opposite the hard camera.
I look forward to noticing these guys when I watch the CWC finale.

Zach

Aiii, maybe you should put together a team of our three best men to take on those guys at the next NXT spectacular. Or you can continue to be a baby's penis.

klonere

Banned
I look forward to noticing these guys when I watch the CWC finale.

Apart from once with the Paul Heyman shirt guy, I didn't notice them that much. Even the booing. Whatever. Crowd was red hot when it needed to be and totally added to the occasion. No annoying chants.

Yeah the whole thing is fucking strange. My only hope was that there was a solid reason they could not book neither Kota, ZSJ or Metalik for a win.

Kota: Actually crazy, would never do a WWE schedule and isn't signing.
ZSJ: Wanted to do indies + WWE at the same time, which was turned down. So he's going to finish out there first. He's champ of PWG, RPW and being positioned as a Gargano replacement in EVOLVE so he's got a lot to do.
Metalik: He's signed, supposedly. I assume they want someone who can at least cut an English promo. WWE has a pretty awful track record with Mexican talent so they probably weren't going to put the title on him.

The story of TJP surviving through all these high flyers bullshit and just getting the kneebar on is fantastic. He beat Ibushi and Metalik when they went up top to hit big moves. TJP can fly himself but he definitely held back to tell a story throughout the whole tourney! How not indie of him.

Jerm411

Yeah Paul Heyman t-shirt guy was annoying as fuck...nothing like hearing a high pitched, squealing SWEEEEET after every 2 count. Also noticed a grown man who was clearly a Bayley mark, complete with t-shirt and streamer armbands just like she wears........ok buddy........

I can't believe a section of the crowd actually tried to get a "Manik" chant started....yeah fuck this crowd. Idiots.

Shocked but very happy to see TJP go over and win the entire thing, the match with Ibushi was off the charts good.

I'm super curious to see how neutered the division is on RAW...can't imagine we'll be seeing many Brainbusters or a Burning Hammer. Also really interested to see who amongst the group gets over to a more general audience...can see Gallagher and Swann initially being the hot acts with the crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii, maybe you should put together a team of our three best men to take on those guys at the next NXT spectacular. Or you can continue to be a baby's penis.

All I need is FallingEdge, he'll beat up anyone for us. We'll take BronsonLee to get beat up and we can use to pop the crowd when he hot tags FE.

And I dunno, we'll take Klonere so we have someone European and smarky to pander to the smarks in the crowd.

Heroman

Banned
Backlash

Baron Corbin vs. Apollo Crews - **1/2

Women's Title Match - **1/4

The Usos vs. The Hype Bros - **1/2

The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler - ***1/4

Bray Wyatt vs. Kane - **3/4

The Usos vs. Rhyno and Heath Slater - ***

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. AJ Styles - ****1/4

CWC Finale

Gran Metalik vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. - ***3/4

Kota Ibushi vs. TJ Perkins - ****1/2

DIY vs. Cedric Alexander and Noam Dar - ***3/4

Gran Metalik vs. TJ Perkins - ****1/4

Boy , Backlash was a terrible show outside of the main even.

orioto

Good Art™

Would be cute that a journalist confront him with that now. he must have been told pretty clearly this won't pass in a mainstream league like the wwe. That would be lovely to see his redneck side trying to be all nice and gentle with those questions :p

klonere

Banned
Boy , Backlash was a terrible show outside of the main even.

It was actually pretty great, Meltz was super harsh on the women's match (I had it at 3.5 stars), Dolph/Miz was 3.75, the culmination of Heath's story was a great moment and AJ Styles in the main event. Solid card.

At least we have one honest poster in klonere.

wXKneRN.gif

He's the best. You come in a close third ;p

No good enough for your fake rankings apparently.

Hasney

Just finished the CWC event, good lord. What a night, what an event. I know the cruisers are going on Raw and NXT, but they'll likely only get a segment at most. I really hope they do this again next year. I think even the worst matches had a cut above the usual quality.

Zach

You know, as I'm watching this predictably gross Miss Hancock/Major Gunns bra and panties/mud wrestling match, I'm realizing the actual wrasslin' being done in the ring is no worse than what Eva Marie does. Amazing.

Oh, and great, finally a miscarriage angle in WCW.

mzw2n3S.gif

klonere

Banned
You know, as I'm watching this predictably gross Miss Hancock/Major Gunns bra and panties/mud wrestling match, I'm realizing the actual wrasslin' being done in the ring is no worse than what Eva Marie does. Amazing.

mzw2n3S.gif

Yeah, I spoilered it for you last night but this is the most tasteless wrestling thing I've ever seen. Couldn't believe what I had seen. Makes this look like a work of art

CsZYsgRUMAA-fz1.jpg:small

jmdajr

mzw2n3S.gif

Gaf was part of the Divas/Women's revolution.

Gone are the days of pillow fights/mud fights, and also gone are the days of gratuitous gifs.

As noted, Vince McMahon suffered a torn quad this past week while doing squats. Vince had surgery earlier in the week and according to WWE, he was back at company HQ on Wednesday.

The 71 year old WWE boss was actually squatting a significant amount of weight, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Vince did miss Sunday's Backlash pay-per-view and this week's TV tapings. Details on the injury are still sketchy as Vince wanted to keep it quiet, despite the unusual announcement on the WWE website before RAW.

Dude has fucked up his quad so much, it's probably just another visit to the doctor at this point. Dude needs to quit juicing.

jmdajr

Dude has fucked up his quad so much, it's probably just another visit to the doctor at this point. Dude needs to quit juicing.

How many surgeries has Vince had? He did the quad before.

And I think he had hip surgery where they put it into an angle with Brock.

klonere

Banned

Bro when you have access to the worlds best supply of HGH who cares what you do to your body, just go on a cycle and WARRHGGG WOW LOOK AT THAT.

Top Bottom