• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Kurita

I'm so scared to see what they'll do with Asuka once she hits the main roster.

I guess I'm an hypocrite though cause I shit on Brock for being booked as a monster you can't beat while I want Asuka to stay undefeated until the end of times.

Hasney

I'm so scared to see what they'll do with Asuka once she hits the main roster.

I guess I'm an hypocrite though cause I shit on Brock for being booked as a monster you can't beat while I want Asuka to stay undefeated until the end of times.

Best case scenario is Becky holds her belt for quite a few months until Asuka destroys her.

Worst case, she gets called up for a competitive match with Nia Jax on Raw.

miserable

14278969_1772706389637352_2061543734_n.jpg

looks like they found Paul Burchill's old wardrobe

klonere

Banned
Best case scenario is Becky holds her belt for quite a few months until Asuka destroys her.

Worst case, she gets called up for a competitive match with Nia Jax on Raw.

Becky vs Asuka would be lit, ISN'T THAT RIGHT DAVID.

Stone Pitbull vs Bruiserweight, can't wait to see that one! And yeah, Pete as Black Tiger would be fucking amazing. Goddamnit, please Gedo!

Unnf Black Tiger Bruiserweight. He fits the character so well.

klonere

Banned
I think the Roman matches were his best.

Mark my words, those Cena matches will not age well and you guys will look back on them for what they are, brainless kickout fests.

Kurita

smarks actually believe that LOL

Nakamura will never be in the same room as the main belt under Vince McMahon

People were saying that AJ Styles would never get the title when he debuted because he came from TNA and Vince gives no fuck about them

Anth0ny

smarks actually believe that LOL

Nakamura will never be in the same room as the main belt under Vince McMahon

oh of course

styles is losing the title to cena at one of these ppvs, bro. cena/reigns at mania for the title.

styles/nakamura as one of the undercard matches that steals the show!

imBask

Banned
People were saying that AJ Styles would never get the title when he debuted because he came from TNA and Vince gives no fuck about them

Styles can speak english though, and he's a good 'murican boy who can cut promos

Nakamura's body language won't be enough, it'll be "too confusing" for the main roster crowd. And that is if Nakamura doesn't get a gimmick change to become a sushi chef or some shit like that

imBask

Banned
I still remember when Nakamura signed and some of you were arguing adamantly that he spoke fluent english. If I had nothing better to do i'd dig up the posts and bury your asses

I still remember when Nakamura signed and some of you were arguing adamantly that he spoke fluent english. If I had nothing better to do i'd dig up the posts and bury your asses
He does. I've talked to him on the phone. A heavy accent or him kayfabing the audience with some language fuckery doesn't change that.
Tozawa speaks English too but they had him with a translator at CWC.

Anth0ny

WWE needs to be more accepting of translators. thanks to UFC, some of the baddest and toughest mother fuckers on the planet speak through a translator after every fight.

pre-match vignettes and promos for nakamura can be pre-recorded videos with subtitles (like ibushi for the cwc). live, in ring promos could use the translator.

I think it's the better alternative to broken english nakamura struggling to speak. casual fans will laugh at him becuz "lol chinese accent"

imBask

Banned
He does. I've talked to him on the phone. A heavy accent or him kayfabing the audience with some language fuckery doesn't change that.
Tozawa speaks English too but they had him with a translator at CWC.

Keep living in that dream world then. His english is very poor and won't cut it, and i'll eat my hat if they actually give him a translator on one of the main show

WWE needs to be more accepting of translators. thanks to UFC, some of the baddest and toughest mother fuckers on the planet speak through a translator after every fight.

pre-match vignettes and promos for nakamura can be pre-recorded videos with subtitles (like ibushi for the cwc). live, in ring promos could use the translator.

I think it's the better alternative to broken english nakamura struggling to speak. casual fans will laugh at him becuz "lol chinese accent"

Good luck doing Authority angles with Nakamura.

Hasney

Honestly don't know why the translator Metallik had at the CWC didn't translate his comments back to English.

She should just be Metalliks valet if she's in any way employed by WWE rather than just being employed for the night.

Anth0ny

Good luck doing Authority angles with Nakamura.

It's almost like... they shouldn't ;)

besides, realistically, I don't think he needs to say much. what is the authority's role?

Mick Foley announces match in Nakamura's favor: Nakamura smiles and says YEAOH

Foley announces match not in Nakamura's favor: Nakamura looks unhappy

Steph scalds Nakamura on the mic: he takes it like a bitch in silence because that's what everyone has to do

Seems ok to me. not much talking needed!

imBask

Banned
It's almost like... they shouldn't ;)

besides, realistically, I don't think he needs to say much. what is the authority's role?

Mick Foley announces match in Nakamura's favor: Nakamura smiles and says YEAOH

Foley announces match not in Nakamura's favor: Nakamura looks unhappy

Steph scalds Nakamura on the mic: he takes it like a bitch in silence because that's what everyone has to do

Seems ok to me. not much talking needed!

we're talking about a crowd who, vince thinks, needs to be reminded what happened in the first 15 min of the show every 10 minutes so people don't get confused

we're also talking about a crowd (wrassleGAF) who got very confused at the latest AJ Styles shirt because it didn't say AJ STYLES in big letters

I still wonder if anything will happen with Omega if the Dome show drastically undersells

because I can't see Omega in the main event drawing over what Naito would have done right now. It still makes me wonder if they're going to last minute swerve the main event back to Naito and has LIJ injure Omega or something

I think Naito goes into WK as Intercontinental champion - perhaps vs Tanahashi. Also, if they're worried about interest in Omega vs Okada they could do the fan vote again, would be kinda funny for Naito to get his WK main event in the same way he was denied it at WK8.

klonere

Banned
As great as it would to rescue Suzuki from the purgatory of NOAH, I kinda feel like having him as the time bomb would be kinda lame.

I wonder who it really is.

Raw64life

I never watched LU for a number of reasons despite urging from my friends and GAF, but Striker was one of the main reasons why. He is truly awful, and it seems he's only gotten worse since he left WWE. I trudged through WK8 because it was Jim Ross, but every other NJPW event he did, I couldn't make it more than half an hour before I switched back to Japanese commentary. I'd rather listen to commentary I can't even understand than listen to Striker.

Be ready for "We hate Nakamura now huh."

I can definitely see that coming, but it's going to rely entirely on his matches. The reason people soured on Sasha was once you started seeing her week in week out you started to notice the flaws a lot more (sloppy, poor mic / kayfabe). People are starting to speak up more on Dean because he's finally in the premiere stage and just seems to NGAF. Anderson/Gallows, their whole thing SUCKS outside of Japan.

AJ is still adored and loved because he's been so incredibly consistent in everything. His mic work has only gotten better, his in-ring work has never let down.

I don't know how regular NJPW is (still early in my appreciation of it) but even if it was a weekly thing, their approach is vastly different. It's going to be really interesting to see Nak week after week in a more story telling role.

klonere

Banned
Nak is really broken down and shifts into phone in mode faster than Orton. He'll really have to leverage his physical charisma in an incredible manner to sustain a main roster run.

Top Bottom