• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Mahonay

Banned

Toki767

You guys think they'll start the first hour with the cruiserweights?

Or will they just be put into some random time slot on the show?

Wouldn't credit for that go more towards Bischoff/WCW since they were the ones giving those contracts out, which basically forced Vince to fall in line?

That's a fair point, it took both of them to make it work. I just think in the scale of how much each elevated the product you can say Nash/Hall had a bigger impact. I'm saying this mostly because I think it's arguable that without Nash/Hall jumping ship and pushing the product both feds could have been serious dire straits. Don't know if they would have failed, but it's interesting to speculate.

Hogan elevated Hogan more than anything. In the 80s it was all about Hogan despite the popularity of guys like Macho, Rhoodes and Flair. In the 90s Hall/Nash catapulted it and everyone started benefiting from it.

Zach

Kevin Nash getting credit for guaranteed contracts is pure silliness if you consider what was happening at the time. It wasn't Nash who made it happen. Come on.

And as I've said before, there were guaranteed contracts before Kevin Nash. Hogan, Flair, even Luger.

At least that's my understanding.

And as I've said before, there were guaranteed contracts before Kevin Nash. Hogan, Flair, even Luger.

At least that's my understanding.

The NWA champion, for instance - the prospective champ had to enter a contract where he'd put down money for the belt's safety and couldn't choose where he was booked, but was guaranteed the same champion's payday wherever he worked.

Terry Funk has abused the retirement angle to the point where he should not be honored for it any more.

Terry Funk's the GOAT and can do as he damn well pleases, tbh.

Sephzilla

Terry Funk retires more often than Big Show turns face/heel. He was doing "Terry Funk retirement matches" back when Bret fucking Hart was still wrestling

Shut up, British Monsoon!

WK8XZYQ.gif

KzT9QJ.gif

Michelle McCool gives a better Styles Clash and Kelly Kelly can take and transition a Styles Clash so it doesn't look forcefully set up better than half the roster taking AJ's right now and that's a #SHOOT.

Top Bottom