• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

jmdajr

McCool in-ring probably wouldn't be able to hang with Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, or Bayley but she'd probably be near the top of the B-tier. McCool is also a better heel than Charlotte, straight up.

I literally remember nothing about Layla outside of her being hot.

Remember when she fucking wrecked the entire Divas division in dodge ball? She's a real athlete.

Kaladin

McCool in-ring probably wouldn't be able to hang with Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, or Bayley but she'd probably be near the top of the B-tier. McCool is also a better heel than Charlotte, straight up.

I literally remember nothing about Layla outside of her being hot.

Most top tier women's heels have been better than Charlotte. She needs an acting coach that isn't named Flair.

How long was Gail Kim in the E? Feels like she came and went. I know I definitely associate her more with TNA.

She was around when I was watching in the early 2000s. I think she might have left just before I stopped watching. I don't recall her being around for a long time.

ReiGun

She literally eliminated herself from some Divas battle royal match.

"Fuck it, I'm out."
Word? Haha. Can't blame her. The women's division was so trash back then.

She was around when I was watching in the early 2000s. I think she might have left just before I stopped watching. I don't recall her being around for a long time.
Yeah that's when I was watching heaviest, so I definitely remember her. She's in that group with Awesome Kong, Jazz, and Beth Phoenix that I remember, but couldn't tell you anything they did.

jmdajr

Considering the ridiculous story of how Vince McMahon was sold on Gail, I don't blame her for not being exactly enthused with her time in WWE.

'People watch what now?"

edit: It's funny how we remember so much useless non sense. It has to be a sin.

Wrestling!

Mahonay

Banned
'People watch what now?"
0JWdD.gif

Toki767

Lmaoooo. Just smacks Alicia Fox and says "Well my work is done." She must have been fed up.

Also, all these women look almost exactly the same. I see a few faces I recognize but for the most part, couldn't tell them apart if you asked me.

Whatever agent was in charge that match literally just told her to make sure she got eliminated right away.

So she did.

Oersted

Lmaoooo. Just smacks Alicia Fox and says "Well my work is done." She must have been fed up.

Also, all these women look almost exactly the same. I see a few faces I recognize but for the most part, couldn't tell them apart if you asked me.

The look of the girls back then was all very sameish. It just slowly changing for the better.

Mccol and beth had a match so good that everyone backstage was mad at them. Jericho and Finlay stood up for them basically saying if the guys can't perform as good or better than the women, then why are they here? Good times.

Mccol and beth had a match so good that everyone backstage was mad at them. Jericho and Finlay stood up for them basically saying if the guys can't perform as good or better than the women, then why are they here? Good times.
I think it was a Melina and McCool match. Had a neat DDT on the barrier spot.

nk2Q_z.gif

Yeah that was it Melina, not Beth.
That's shitty, that they put a good match on and get in trouble for it. I think Michelle had another story where she and someone else had to redo a Smackdown match as well for being too good. They were getting changed but then got told to get dressed again so they could do the match once more.

Toki767

That's shitty, that they put a good match on and get in trouble for it. I think Michelle had another story where she and someone else had to redo a Smackdown match as well for being too good. They were getting changed but then got told to get dressed again so they could do the match once more.

Sadly if they hadn't tried to make match standards for everyone so low 6-8 years ago, most people now probably wouldn't be crapping so hard on people who can't work getting pushed.

Oersted

What the women, the WWE main roster that is, are still lacking is a "monster". A "shit is about to get real" whenever the music hits. Something like Brock who simply tears trough competition.

Nia isn't that person. Asuka could be.

jmdajr

What the women, the WWE main roster that is, are still lacking is a "monster". A "shit is about to get real" whenever the music hits. Something like Brock who simply tears trough competition.

They tried with Awesome Kong.

Next thing you know she sits in the diva circle of shame.

Mahonay

Banned
If Kevin Dunn, Michael Hayes, and Stephanie McMahon were all magically eradicated from the company you would likely see an overnight shift in WWE.

Sephzilla

It's also a shame Kharma/Awesome Kong didn't work out

Given she's the tallest woman and actually has a build towards her that is threatening, Charlotte could have been booked like a dominant near monster heel but they went the cowardly route of having her unable to win unless someone does a distraction job for her.

Cagey

Banned

Asuka is two inches shorter than Sasha, albeit heavier, and she's not exactly sporting a physique to overcome that. Charlotte makes them both look and feel small.

They need someone who looks, moves, and commands the respect of a monster.

Mahonay

Banned
Asuka is two inches shorter than Sasha, albeit heavier, and she's not exactly sporting a physique to overcome that. Charlotte makes them both look and feel small.

They need someone who looks, moves, and commands the respect of a monster.
What's Nicole Bass up to?

Raw64life

Melina was definitely underrated. Shame she had all those backstage issues.

The only good thing I'll say about McCool is that she wasn't as bad as Candice Michelle.

If WWE was gonna do a female "monster" they're gonna do it with Nia Jax, whether she could handle it or not.
she can't

Kaladin

Do wrestlers like Nakamura and Asuka break your current roster when they come in and look unbeatable against anyone you can throw at them?

I know the idea behind a unstoppable force is to finally find their brick wall, but what if that is hard to come by? With the nature of NXT with stars being there for so long and gone, it's hard to build someone up for that....and so you're left waiting for someone to come along in a new superstar who can match your unbeatable top guy and what if that never comes? Ship them off to the main roster and forget it?

Heroman

Banned
Asuka really isn't a monster, it that she is so much better than everyone. I always wonder what would happen to asuka if she face someone who is equal to her.

Sephzilla

Do wrestlers like Nakamura and Asuka break your current roster when they come in and look unbeatable against anyone you can throw at them?

I know the idea behind a unstoppable force is to finally find their brick wall, but what if that is hard to come by? With the nature of NXT with stars being there for so long and gone, it's hard to build someone up for that....and so you're left waiting for someone to come along in a new superstar who can match your unbeatable top guy and what if that never comes? Ship them off to the main roster and forget it?

Not really. In fact, for NXT, I kind of like the idea of a monster talent running through the roster and then going up to the main roster unopposed. It's something I wouldn't want to see happen frequently, but as a rare thing I think it would be good

Kaladin

Not really. In fact, for NXT, I kind of like the idea of a monster talent running through the roster and then going up to the main roster unopposed. It's something I wouldn't want to see happen frequently, but as a rare thing I think it would be good

That should have happened to Owens honestly.

Mahonay

Banned
People in here complaining about Bayley and Asuka...how the fuck did you make it through the past 10+ years of Diva's bullshit?

Sephzilla

That should have happened to Owens honestly.

I was about to say, this almost happened with Owens in NXT. Owens really should have taken the US Title from Cena, showed up on NXT with the NXT title, and told Regal to fuck off and take his stupid belt back. Then you get the built-in possible angle of said monster returning in the future to challenge the new champ.

Top Bottom