• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

I done did review Gordon Solie's book, give it a read friends, if so inclined. Ta.

http://www.theindycorner.com/reviews/the-solie-chronicles-book-review/

bctvHWN.jpg

Why isn't this on NeoGAF.com's premier WrassleGAF-certified five-star classic Official Website www.legitshook.com, British Monsoon? Why do you hate the long-dead NeoGAF Vince McMahon?

Zach

I'm a few episodes past the invasion ppv and it's clear that there were a few hand picked guys out of the wcw ecw alliance to actually become characters that either are slowly getting over (kanyon) or rapidly getting over (rvd)

Good kanyon was such a tragic story. He did some really fun stuff in wcw and of he was still here he'd be fantastic as a trainer in nxt

Truly tragic. : (

"I think sometimes the best stories for TV are when there’s a real foundation there. We wouldn’t go watch movies on our off days, or text each other and call each other. I think there definitely was something there. I think for my sister and I, there was a girl who came into this industry that tried to take away all of our hard work based on how we looked, and assumed we were aspiring actresses and models. God didn’t make me a model, he made me an athlete. I was a soccer player for eleven years, I wasn’t in the modeling world or the acting world. So when someone tried to change the perception of us, heads kind of hit. So I played nice at first, then I was like “You know what, I’m gonna play your game.” And I got in trouble - which was like, what? I’m just speaking the truth. So there was stuff that was real. I respect her, though, as a talent. She was an amazing talent, amazing for our division. She did amazing things, but I just didn't agree with a lot of stuff that she said and tried to take away."

o9QMq9u.gif

COME ON, NIKKI!

notworksafe

Nah, Nosevember is what we'd name an Owen Hart-themed thread. But that damn thing is so big it'd take up 3 months out of the year!

Actually I think Nosevember could be large enough to encompass a celebration of all the large schnozzes in our great sport. It could even commemorate nose-related activities in wrestling, like when Stan Hansen broke Vader's nose in Japan.

Oersted

I remember seeing a bunch of swastikas when I visited Japan. It's a symbol to mark Buddhist temples. I was quite surprised they still use that symbol.

Once met a girl from Korea. Had a chain with a swastika on it. Present by her grannie, a buddhist who passed away recently.

Was weird telling her to better hide the chain.

She understood luckily.

Reading that I thought it was Brie. But Nikki defending her sister as a good wrestler is pretty fucking hilarious too.

AJ was not good in the ring either.
Yeah, it was Nikki who said it at a con recently.

I wonder if the two did have some actual heat backstage. I can't remember exactly but they had some promos I think that were reported to not being that scripted. I think they were kind of like AJ saying Nikki was more a wannabe model then a wrestler because of Total Divas and Nikki calling AJ out for how Nikki herself had been around consistently during the year while AJ was being more of a part-timer then Lesnar.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wasnt aj in a shitty music video or tv show or commercial after the wwe?

but she loves wrestling more than the bellas because she wasnt a model

Sephzilla

Still doesn't take away their point.

...It kind of does though because the entire reason the Bellas came back to WWE was because their modeling career never materialized.

Edit: And (what Mahonay said below) Nikki didn't become a decent worker until well after AJ was gone. Meanwhile Brie needed Stephanie McMahon to carry her to a decent match.

Do you actually like Gorilla Monsoon the wrassler, British Monsoon?

His earlier work, yes, but it's incredibly hard to find footage of Gorilla in his prime. I've only seen a handful of matches, most from Japan and Stampede. I'm more of a fan of Gorilla the announcer, especially with Bobby at his side.

Does Solie talk about carrying bob caudle through starcade

It was written by Gordon's daughter & son-in-law a few years after Gordon's death, so no "hot takes" unfortunately about how shitty Bob Caudle is. I'm sure he would have had some choice comments about Eric Bischoff, as well.

I just wanna say though, Papa Meltz considering you as one of forefronts of maintaining NJPW's popularity through your jiffs was kinda've a surreal and awesome thing to read.

GIFs, goddamnit! And yeah, that was pretty surreal haha - I'd attribute it more to the community at large, sharing GIFs is just a small part of that. Social media's come a long way in the last decade or so, it's so much easier for like-minded fans to interact with each other, with wrestlers and promoters, etc. Always makes me SMH at the number of promoters who still aren't utilising their social media properly.

Aiii

So not worth it
I too love October through December. Can't wait! :D

September through December is best. Love that is gets dark and it is nice and cozy inside. Love the fall colors. Love all of December!

Also, I can dress against the cold, but I can't go beyond naked in the summer, fuck summer.

Word is that
Luke Harper
is backstage at Raw tonight. Hope he doesn't end up there and goes to SD instead.
He should be at SD. Also
honestly, they would be better off reinventing Harper then sending him back to his previous shtick. I don't get the hype around the guy and find him average, but the poor guy might as well get injured again if he goes back to playing second fiddle to Bray.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh fuck no, Jericho is perfect where he is.

Putting him a workrate division would be the worst.
Yeah, not having him directly involved in the title picture right now seems like the dumbest thing to do.

I guess he probably feels like this is his last chance to help guide the new young flippy-dos. But even with him being better as of late, he will most certainly slow them down.

Top Bottom