• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Toki767

Man...Rich Swann needs to change his look.

He kind of feels like a poor man's Cedric Alexander being in the ring with him.

Cedric is taller, looks more handsome, is more muscular, and is probably more athletic.

Tagyhag

Man...Rich Swann needs to change his look.

He kind of feels like a poor man's Cedric Alexander being in the ring with him.

Cedric is taller, looks more handsome, is more muscular, and is probably more athletic.

He tapped to what Kendrick calls "Captain's Hook" though.

Recall

For real, let's talk about how bad Raw has been since Owens won the belt.
71nqQQy.png

RAW has been bad for fucking ages.

Seriously how are you are so forgetful?

RAW ratings have declined since 2002.

Reigns on top did nothing for the ratings. Rollins did nothing. Owens will do nothing.

RAW as a product, a TV show is so shit that it's clear that only the crazy watch the show still. Blaming your champion for low ratings yet reminding everyone how it's about the brand not the performer contradicts each other.

All people seem to want is validation for wasting 3 hours of their time. Step up and stop watching garbage.

Adree

Did some of you really think cruiserweights were going to get multiple segments?

Episode 2 of Quarry has some old school hoss wrasslin'. Great show so far.

That was one of the better Raw's we've had lately, but it still wasn't a good show. Thankfully I wait until after it airs and fast forward through it. Three hours is just too much, even before the brand split. If you edited Raw every week to two hours by using the best segments, it would be much easier to watch.

I didn't like HoHo Lun at all so the lack of him makes me more willing to give it a try

I can understand that -- unfortunately, we can't so many shows and since there's only like two or three companies running at a time between both the Mainland and Hong Kong, it's hard to get ring experience and really build up your skills. Did you guys notice how much more polished Jason Lee was than Ho Ho Lun (although Ho Ho Lun trained Jason Lee.)?

It's because Jason Lee got a two year full time contract with ZERO-1 Japan a few years ago, and in two years, Jason lee wrestled more matches than Ho Ho Lun had wrestled in 8 years. Hopefully Chinese Pro Wrestling picks up, I know between Middle Kingdom Wrestling and Hong Kong Wrestling Federation, there's just not enough. Let's see what WWE plans to do here now that they're getting serious about the market.

In China, we're all green, but we try to make by with how we can -- it's not an excuse for my boys, it really isn't -- but it's just an unfortunate reality.

I'll shill this video just one one more time, as it's our last episode of MKW TV: Chinese Pro Wrestling until Spring 2017 and it features King Michael Vs. Dalton Bragg in China's first ever "No Rules" match, haha. The kids loved it :p -- and if you like it, please subscribe and support Chinese Pro Wrestling. More subs = More Ho Ho Lun matches, I promise. In all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to seeing his next match with us, because he spent nearly three months in the WWE Performance center and just came back to China less than two weeks ago, so .. that's pretty cool.

MKW TV: Chinese Pro Wrestling Season Finale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZlwOcnTEr4

How bad was Owens/Roman? I skipped to the end and of course they have the baby face escape from the fucking cage. He's turning heel, proper, soon right?

Was honestly expecting

I1rq0U0.gif
Aside from Hogan's turn that IMO is the most iconic moment in the nWo's history.
He tapped to what Kendrick calls "Captain's Hook" though.

I love how it was the "Bully Choke" less than two weeks ago but of course WWE's "anti-bullying" PR campaign...

Adree

Signed up Premium given this reminded me to, thanks.
Still bad.

While I agree with him on his opinion of Lesnar it does seem a bit silly to not understand that changing a marketing machine in motion for the game this close to release is not an easy or cheap feat. Maybe if WWE had formally punished him it might make some difference.

Strax

Fuck Raw. They dont debut the freaking cruiserweight champion, and throw 4 cruiserweights into 1 segment.

We have a Bo squash, a Braun Squash, and we cant get two segments for cruiserweights? We cant get the freaking champion some exposure? Everyone gets ham fisted into a fatal 4 way

I have no hope for dedicated storylines. All I see is them putting the politics of "LOOK HOW GREAT THIS CRUISERWEIGHT REVOLUTION IS!"

So frustrating because you just know that theyd be so much better on Smackdown.

Also, Cedric Alexander is cute af.

Chill, this waas a great start.

Recall

hahahah they fucked up the Cruiserweights already oh my god what a GOOF

Why are people surprised by a company whose track record has spoken for itself? How the fuck is anyone SURPRISED?

You should be shocked if they don't fuck it up, that's the crazy part. Main roster WWE squandering everything is not new.

What exactly are you expecting?

orioto

Good Art™
Finished RAW this morning.

They tried to correct the mess that was last week in term of face / heel positions. They tried to have Owens having less mic time (yet he had the 2 funniest lines of the night with "i'm the guy" and "matchka something". They had him assault Reigns and align with a Rusev, to make him more of a heel.

Which is nice but with their cross segments nothing makes sense. Why would Owens lose time by trying to hurt someone who's not even his opponents in the ppv.

Then they had Rollins being Jeff Hardy on both heels. At least that week i could tell what i was meant to understand, except for that .. turn ? by Steph. They realized if they want Rollins to be a face, Steph has to be for the other guy... Everything i've been telling you guys in the last weeks.
Except of course, Stephanie has NO REASON to want Owens as a champ. He's not good for business. He's not Roman Reigns. They still want to have us believe Reigns is not who they want and they want a small fat guy who looks like an angry puppy as their champ. It makes absolutely no sense. And Rollins told Steph "i won't be your champ you won't control me". But Owens is not even controlled right now or has any relation with the authority.. So why would they want to keep him..

In the end don't look further than that for the cause of low ratings. The main event story is reversed heat. As i said just after Owens won the belt. They're going for the contrary of the natural story here. When you do that... See that's like if you're swimming in the water, and you're going against the flow, well you swim like a piece of shit.

They have to kill Owens natural momentum he had after the win, and they have to force Rollins as a face even if it's super awkward, artificial and they forget how to do it every two weeks.

So.. nothing works. It's tepid, it's dull. There is no story here, no human factor.

Also not having TJP appears at the end of the CW segment, lol really ?

They have to fire whoever is in charge of all that.

Oersted

Rollins return after injury would have been the easiest face turn in a long while.

Probably too easy. Gotta make it complicated.

Strax

Man I'm happy that I don't live the world some of you seem to live where the Cruiserweights stuff on Raw was anything but good (besides Foley)

klonere

Banned
Why are people surprised by a company whose track record has spoken for itself? How the fuck is anyone SURPRISED?

You should be shocked if they don't fuck it up, that's the crazy part. Main roster WWE squandering everything is not new.

What exactly are you expecting?

Like Recall said, be shocked when they don't fuck something up.

I'm just kinda amazed they managed to do it so quickly. It's an achievement. Someone needs to get a medal, a trophy, a novelty sized cheque for this.

Congratulations. In the same episode you managed to bury cage matches underneath the ground even more. Good shit. Red brand a shit.

I'm just kinda amazed they managed to do it so quickly. It's an achievement. Someone needs to get a medal, a trophy, a novelty sized cheque for this.

Congratulations. In the same episode you managed to bury cage matches underneath the ground even more. Good shit. Red brand a shit.

Remember when they had a chance to miraculously overcome the odds and maybe not fuck up Finn like actually everyone expected

And then they gave away the Demon entrance debut on a go home free Raw at the top of a random hour that wasn't even the main event

Oersted

Man I'm happy that I don't live the world some of you seem to live where the Cruiserweights stuff on Raw was anything but good (besides Foley)

They crammed in too much, Foley was shit but the performers made it great in the end. So I agree with you.

orioto

Good Art™
They crammed in too much, Foley was shit but the performers made it great in the end. So I agree with you.

What happened in my opinion.

It was not bad cause they let them have a technical multiman match, versus a tna spot fest.

BUT the crowd didn't care, Foley created zero hype..
SO, next week, bookers will have to ask the cw to do more flippy flop shits.

But at least it's nice that the ppv match is a single one and will be good.

TBH, that fatal four way wasn't very good, way too much time of two guys being out of the match so the others could get spots in, Corey definitely should've been the one doing the introducing since he's already familiar with them. But FFS, Triple H should've been on TV a week ago for at least explaining that run in.

They have to fire whoever is in charge of all that.

Unfortunately I think they have the "Unsackable" box checked.

klonere

Banned
Yeah the CW match felt like they had about 25 minutes to put it together, super basic, always a 1v1 etc etc.

I mean they've been saying for weeks 6 CRUISERWEIGHTS DEBUTING ON RAW!!!! And then we get 4 and not one of them is the champ. Screams that Vince changed everything at the last minute.

Yeah the CW match felt like they had about 25 minutes to put it together, super basic, always a 1v1 etc etc.

I mean they've been saying for weeks 6 CRUISERWEIGHTS DEBUTING ON RAW!!!! And then we get 4 and not one of them is the champ. Screams that Vince changed everything at the last minute.

It was exactly what I was expecting the debut to be from the minute I heard of the division - multi-man spotfest to show off the flippyz. It was exactly what it needed to be, and the crowd got into it. Each guy got to show off their skills and personality, and Spanky set himself up as the villain of the division.

I know it may not be a big deal, but I dig Rich Swann's music and his dance moves.

He's obviously dancing towards the hard cam as it seems everybody is told to,so they cut to the ringside cameraman who has a really shitty angle, thus ruining my enjoyment of said moves

Raw64life

Cruiserweights worked in WCW because no one other than the cruiserweights did suicide dives and flippy shit. When you already got that going on in all your other matches, what's the point?

Pizoxuat

Foley's introduction of the cruiserweights really killed them. The moment he had to take out a paper to remember who they were it felt like he didn't care. Just a really bad look, and it took forever.

The match also really suffered from having two guys napping at all times. I know they wanted to show off each individual but don't do a goddamn fatal four way, have two singles matches or something. Geeze.

ReiGun

Cruiserweights worked in WCW because no one other than the cruiserweights did suicide dives and flippy shit. When you already got that going on in all your other matches, what's the point?
Yeah we get a suicide dive like every match now. Even Roman and Big E's big asses do them.

But I still have high hopes for the Cruiserweights to deliver good matches. The booking is, as ever, the main concern.

To go from the excellent CWC to that was an insult. Foley in his current form is beyond rotten. To think he was one of my idols at one point in time.

Fuck making the fucking authority figures introducing something like it's something new and progressive. Get the fuck over yourselves. Fuck making the divas say this is a "revolution" or a "new era" for EVERY fucking match. Just let them fucking wrestle. Enough of Stephanie McMahon. How the fuck is the show supposed to feel any newer when she's still their trying to get her dumbass over? This RAW felt so fucking awful it's like I traveled back to 2013. Hope it dies a death next week.

Fuck making the fucking authority figures introducing something like it's something new and progressive. Get the fuck over yourselves. Fuck making the divas say this is a "revolution" or a "new era" for EVERY fucking match. Just let them fucking wrestle. Enough of Stephanie McMahon. How the fuck is the show supposed to feel any newer when she's still their trying to get her dumbass over? This RAW felt so fucking awful it's like I traveled back to 2013. Hope it dies a death next week.

There was once a wrestling promoter called Al Karasick who required every wrestler to say something nice about his daughter if they had interview time on his tv.

This is somehow even worse then that.

orioto

Good Art™

Don't forget they talked about a new era and wanted to shift away from the shield guys 2 weeks ago. Who are the two top faces right now in RAW ?

Top Bottom