• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Sephzilla

It would have, but they're keeping HHH away from Raw to avoid the confrontations that would need to happen if he were there.

Raw can't maintain any coherent sort of kayfabe from the start of the show until the end of the show so I don't think it would even matter anymore

Foley botching his lines slip after slip to the point he was actively reading off a piece of paper was the only reason issue. After that, the match was good. It's understandable the crowd would be silent at first, I'd say not many people there would have watched the CWC. When the match got underway, the crowd got won over.

Only confusing part truly was Perkins not being shown at all. You have the champ who is unestablished and decide to not even have him on commentary or something?

Kaladin

My question is, when does Smackdown GM Daniel Bryan get smart and create a Light Heavyweight belt?

CW exclusive to Raw? Well, Light Heavyweights are coming to Smackdown!

When Vince first met the CWs

CsyurXbVUAApnDJ.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Foley botching his lines slip after slip to the point he was actively reading off a piece of paper was the only reason issue. After that, the match was good. It's understandable the crowd would be silent at first, I'd say not many people there would have watched the CWC. When the match got underway, the crowd got won over.

Only confusing part truly was Perkins not being shown at all. You have the champ who is unestablished and decide to not even have him on commentary or something?

Not to mention they made a big deal on the CWC about the winner becoming Cruiserweight Champion and "going to Raw next Monday as the champion" according to TRIPLE H. Then the champ doesn't appear on Raw. The guy he beat in the final does, though. Huh?

Sephzilla

Seth being a face still makes literally zero sense when the foundation for his face turn is him being angry that he's no longer getting preferential treatment

Seth being a face still makes literally zero sense when the foundation for his face turn is him being angry that he's no longer getting preferential treatment
Yup. Pretty much. He's mad that Stephanie and Hunter got tired of giving him title shot after title shot which he kept losing cleanly and decided to stick the title on someone else somehow that's meant to be sympathetic?

Not to mention about a week or two before the hints of his face turn, he was boasting over putting out the top babyface for a few months.

klonere

Banned
This is why Smackdown writers are wiping their butts with whoever is putting RAW together. They are allowing the characters to organically develop and the plot/ storylines make far more sense for it.

I wanna know how this is possible, even the 3 hours doesn't excuse the willfully bad creative.

Kaladin

Seth feels like they're trying to book Stone Cold 2.0 sometimes. Except he's still the same whiny bitch he was with the Authority, now he's just whining about not being in their favor. If they wanted to turn Seth face, turn him face and keep him the same way he's always been just anti-Authority. Keep the heat with other members of The Shield, keep the better than thou attitude he always carries.

Don't re-write who he is just because he's a good guy now and you need definable good and bad again.

Sephzilla

Smackdown shouldn't make a new belt to cancel out the Cruiserweight belt because WWE already has too many goddamn belts thanks to this stupid brand split

I wanna say yes. But Vince is still the lead and I want to say Dunn is still involved on Smackdown.

Writing alone seems to be making a big difference.

True, but historically hasn't Vince always focused more on Raw?

Kaladin

The new 2k17 trailer shows me all I need to know to know my pre-order is justified. That My Career mode looks awesome. Though, as usual, their CAW they create for the trailer is shitty as fuck.

Yeah the CW match felt like they had about 25 minutes to put it together, super basic, always a 1v1 etc etc.

I mean they've been saying for weeks 6 CRUISERWEIGHTS DEBUTING ON RAW!!!! And then we get 4 and not one of them is the champ. Screams that Vince changed everything at the last minute.

Funny is next week we'll probably see another set of random competitors and hopefully a proper introduction to TJP, I don't think they'll be thinking of building storylines in the near future.

Metalik still has a few dates booked in Mexico with CMLL, which is weird, unless he arranged some sort of non-exclusivity deal with WWE? Or maybe they're just let him finish his preestablished commitments.

Edit: I pre-ordered 2K17 for the Balor statue, hehe...

Buying WWE 2K-whatever because of a trailer smh.

What did you think of WWE 13's universe mode trailer with Paul Heyman as 'creative guru'?

Except wait, they used create a story cutscenes to imply they would show up in universe mode when they didn't.

Top Bottom