• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

To recap, things white people have a problem with: black lives mattering, black lives protesting killings by sitting, black lives protesting killings by standing with fists in the air

Hmm I think there's a consistency, something they actually always have a problem with, maybe two words, but I just can't seem to pinpoint what

Facebook-aa6fee.png

Kaladin

Buying WWE 2K-whatever because of a trailer smh.

What did you think of WWE 13's universe mode trailer with Paul Heyman as 'creative guru'?

Except wait, they used create a story cutscenes to imply they would show up in universe mode when they didn't.

I'm not buying it because of a trailer, I buy it every year. The trailer just showed me that my favorite mode would be good this year, where as last year's career mode was kind of meh. I still got a lot of play out of 2k16 in Universe mode and random matches.

Sephzilla

I'm not buying it because of a trailer, I buy it every year. The trailer just showed me that my favorite mode would be good this year, where as last year's career mode was kind of meh. I still got a lot of play out of 2k16 in Universe mode and random matches.

aAXzK8J.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a mark in its purest form.

Funny is next week we'll probably see another set of random competitors and hopefully a proper introduction to TJP, I don't think they'll be thinking of building storylines in the near future.

Metalik still has a few dates booked in Mexico with CMLL, which is weird, unless he arranged some sort of non-exclusivity deal with WWE? Or maybe they're just let him finish his preestablished commitments.

Edit: I pre-ordered 2K17 for the Balor statue, hehe...
Now that I can't defend.
jk

Anth0ny

So the CWC:

I mean, do you guys disagree at all with the notion that this would make a great second hour to help insert a refreshing breather into the program and maybe even be used as a lead to ensure people help remain tuned in for third hour?

From a backstage and creative standpoint, it also gives the team behind the curtains to group up, recognize any problems, and make any last minute corrections for hour three.

Ideally, maybe, but wont happen overnight. I also dont know whether they can keep any storytelling segments for CWC independent of what is happening with RAW with such a shortlist of perfomers.

remember when Raw was Raw is War the first hour and THE WAR ZONE the second hour?

they should do cruiserweights for an hour, I agree. make raw itself a 2 hour show.

some would say USA wouldn't be happy with that, but for fucks sake, could they possibly be happy with the numbers the current raw format is pulling in?

Recall

remember when Raw was Raw is War the first hour and THE WAR ZONE the second hour?

they should do cruiserweights for an hour, I agree. make raw itself a 2 hour show.

some would say USA wouldn't be happy with that, but for fucks sake, could they possibly be happy with the numbers the current raw format is pulling in?

Until Vince, Dunn and Steph die you are not getting sensible programming. It isn't going to happen.

But I agree hour 1 is NXT/CWC, other 2 hours is RAW

Anth0ny

Until Vince, Dunn and Steph die you are not getting sensible programming. It isn't going to happen.

But I agree hour 1 is NXT/CWC, other 2 hours is RAW

at this rate, if they continue to resist change, USA will either drop WWE programming by the time their contract comes up, or the tv deal will go way, way down.

and then maybe, just maybe, this carny fuck company can finally die. or vince will sell to disney.

Heroman

Banned
at this rate, if they continue to resist change, USA will either drop WWE programming by the time their contract comes up, or the tv deal will go way, way down.

and then maybe, just maybe, this carny fuck company can finally die. or vince will sell to disney.
USA isn't getting rid of raw anytime soon, They have nothing that would be able to replace it.

Sephzilla

I know cable cutting is the cool trendy thing these days, but man, seeing how many subscriptions some of the people in that "What subscriptions do you have" thread made me remember how much I had at one point and reminded me that I'm actually saving money by cancelling them and going back to cable.

It would however change the way things are run. Probably some parts for the better, some for the worse, but different nonetheless.
I agree it would certainly change things and in some ways, yes for the better, but I don't get the opinion Triple H would be the mastermind to saving wrestling in the WWE in every single way which is a opinion some people (not here, but other places) genuinely hold.

Here's a #Shoot: Triple H being in full control of creative would not magically improve the way things are run.

If he runs it like the CWC, it would.

What they need most of all is to get round the table with USA and say that 3 hours isn't working.

I know USA has nothing to put in that third hour, but if they let RAW continue as it's going, they won't have anything for the first two hours either in a couple of years.

I know cable cutting is the cool trendy thing these days, but man, seeing how many subscriptions some of the people in that "What subscriptions do you have" thread made me remember how much I had at one point and reminded me that I'm actually saving money by cancelling them and going back to cable.
Had Hulu and the WWE Network until recently.

4. WWE Network (just canceled, thank you for reminding me thread)
7037%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20vince_mcmahon%20wwe.gif

Kaladin

Cord cutting isn't just about saving money, it's content and content delivery system too. Online streaming services are for the most part lightyears above cable companies in UI and on demand services. Plus with online services, you can better curate the content you actually pay for and get more of your money's worth.

Recall

I agree it would certainly change things and in some ways, yes for the better, but I don't get the opinion Triple H would be the mastermind to saving wrestling in the WWE in every single way which is a opinion some people (not here, but other places) genuinely hold.

Vince has nothing to do with NXT and CWC, and it's a more interesting product.

And with ratings dropping the fan main roster WWE appeals to is getting smaller so maybe a risk or a change is worth it? As they've stayed the same way for eons and it's yet to do them much good in the ratings. (Though ad revenue is making them crazy money to let NXT and CWC even be a thing at all)

Cagey

Banned
It was nice of WWE to sacrifice Roman Reigns in a beat down to help make Seth look strong and heroic going into his fifth straight title match upon returning from injury.

a1dx8MYh.jpg

Money well spent.

Top Bottom