• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I also wouldn't count out the option of a Sasha/Bayley match headlining a B-PPV as a gimmick. I mean, it's going to happen at some point just so WWE can push the "we're inclusive" angle they love (despite them giving 0 shits about female talent beyond their physical attractiveness for all but the last 12 months of the company's existence).

Mahonay

Banned
Royal Rumble on Dreamcast was dope af. I think it's the one I played the most as a kid.
Dude, play it again. There's literally nothing to that game. One of the most shallow wrestling games I have ever played. I would equate it to a mobile game from today. I was fucking pissed that I paid 40 bucks for it, when that was a lot of money for me as a 14 year old.

The entire game had two modes. TWO MODES.

miserable

I just want KoC 3 and that will never happen

61212_front.jpg

marufuji, okada, miyahara and naito i guess?

I'd love to play this game one day. Is there a translation patch or something like for it?

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned it’s only a matter of time before Luke Harper returns to the ring … sources with direct knowledge tell us he’s officially been cleared for action.

We’re told The Wyatt Family member was recently given the green light by WWE docs, but it’s unclear which brand he’ll appear on at this point since he went un-drafted in July.

gun_haver

i wasn't around for the first brand split, so i just wanna say i'm fairly impressed the way they've differentiated the two shows this quickly. they feel totally different. yes, RAW feels like - cheap, bad and ugly, overall, with a roster that initially looked so much better. smackdown feels fresh, well laboured and sympathetic.

i guess that's just the IWC's general consensus, but i mean, this is New Kayfabe and in that respect, at least for Smackdown, it seems to be working. For RAW, I guess not so much. If the ratings were okay that would be one thing but they haven't been, really. Smackdown is basically on par with it now.

Anyway, interested to see what smackdown has in store for us tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
waterboy-pinched-nipples.gif

I've been following the Broken Matt Hardy saga but that's about it at the moment for anything outside of WWE.

Bobby Lashley Conquers The World has been great
tumblr_oc4ui1kqVk1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

tumblr_oc4ui1kqVk1u1ljrzo2_540.gif

TNA actually getting 100% behind someone who shows up every single week and puts his best effort in and can make his opponents look good. Lashley succeeded Brock.

gun_haver

jackass AJ has been pretty good but you can see the wheels turning a lot in his promos with Cena and Ambrose, two guys who are the best WWE has to offer on the mic. He occasionally stutters and just generally, delivers his lines in a bit of an all-too-expected fashion. I don't think we're gonna get much better out of AJ than that - if he had an aptitude for vocal performance, he would have come in with it at 39, but this role they have him in juuuuust about covers his weakness in that area cos his character is 'yeah i'm an annoying arrogant asshole but who is gonna outdo me in the ring?' etc.

I'd love to see him step it up a bit on the mic, show some aggression mixed in with that jackass persona, and I think he's capable of that much, so that is what I'd like to see. Some actual edge that makes me forget he is probably in church every Sunday.

Tozawa's Dragon Gate farewell's in less than 12 hours, anyone watching? Should be a great match;

SjhT1U2.jpg

Also, Shingo & Doi vs Susumu & Kagetora looks all kinds of awesome.

Plus, there's NJPW Destruction in Hiroshima with Omega vs YOSHI-HASHI in the main. Definitely looking forward to that, rooting for my boy Tacos although he has approximately zero chance of winning. Bucks vs Briscoes should be interesting, in the sense that it'll be interesting to see if they can get a reaction. Briscoes just aren't Steiner-ish enough to instantly get over, although I'm noticing the crowd starting to appreciate Mark's recklessness.

Tozawa's Dragon Gate farewell's in less than 12 hours, anyone watching? Should be a great match;

SjhT1U2.jpg

Also, Shingo & Doi vs Susumu & Kagetora looks all kinds of awesome.

Plus, there's NJPW Destruction in Hiroshima with Omega vs YOSHI-HASHI in the main. Definitely looking forward to that, rooting for my boy Tacos although he has approximately zero chance of winning. Bucks vs Briscoes should be interesting, in the sense that it'll be interesting to see if they can get a reaction. Briscoes just aren't Steiner-ish enough to instantly get over, although I'm noticing the crowd starting to appreciate Mark's recklessness.

Less than 12 hours? I thought all that stuff was happening Thursday morning US Time? Wouldn't it be more like 36 hours?

i need to catch up on DG. i think will bringe some king of gate

CszaV6oXEAAi69E.jpg

I mean she's kinda right in that the men's main event always revolves around the same people just like the women's stuff, but at the same time there are more guys to face on a given week. Either way, she really probably shouldn't respond to stuff like that.

gun_haver

I mean she's kinda right in that the men's main event always revolves around the same people just like the women's stuff, but at the same time there are more guys to face on a given week. Either way, she really probably shouldn't respond to stuff like that.

she's working herself into a shoot.

get a hold of yourself sasha.

he said 'bitches' yeah, red flag etc, but he asked where's emma? so it isn't like he is saying women get off TV. he's just saying get some variety. fair enough. don't say bitches though. that's a shot you don't wanna take.

Top Bottom