• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

Friend Zach, I may have said something in that 2001 thread that might get you legit shook at me

You haven't seen 2001?!

cG1w8bC.gif

Zach

I really don't care. Like, I was expecting your post to be "2001 sux, fam" but it was just like "I ain't done seen that none." Even if it was the former as I had anticipated, I wouldn't have really cared actually. >_>

Anyway, you should watch it. It's amazing. Truly great. I hope you end up feeling similarly.

Sephzilla

I imagine I'll probably like it. The main thing I heard about 2001 is that it's really slow paced. But I kind of dig slow paced sci-fi. Europa Report was my jam and I even like Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Zach

Sure, slow-paced, whatever. Don't be in a hurry when you watch it. Set aside some time, clear your mind of Data West's negativity, and let the movie consume your being, Sephzilla.

Anth0ny

I imagine I'll probably like it. The main thing I heard about 2001 is that it's really slow paced. But I kind of dig slow paced sci-fi. Europa Report was my jam and I even like Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllll slow paced. I don't think they say a word for like 20 minutes.

but it's a must watch. love it or hate it, you gotta respect it.

gun_haver

Seph, knowing what I know about you, which isn't much yeah, but my prediction is, you ain't gonna like it. Prove me wrong you heinous sunnuvabitch.

Toki767

Universal title division: Owens, Rollins, Reigns, Jericho

US title division: Rusev, Zayn, Cesaro, Sheamus

Women's title division: Charlotte, Sasha, Bailey, Dana

Tag title division: New Day, Gallow/Anderson, Enzo/Cass, Shining Stars

No one cares division: Braun, Nia, Titus, Darren, Bo

Cruiserweight division: Perkins, Kendrick, Gran Metalik, Alexander, Swann, Gallagher, Tozawa

3 hours of Raw for the next 16 weeks

Zach

When I saw that there's a PPV this weekend I was all like "naaah", but in checking the card, it looks kinda good. Maybe I'll check it out.

Kaladin

So they have 4 in every division, but the CW seems overloaded with almost twice as many as everything else.

Why couldn't they put CW on Smackdown too?

Dude, play it again. There's literally nothing to that game. One of the most shallow wrestling games I have ever played. I would equate it to a mobile game from today. I was fucking pissed that I paid 40 bucks for it, when that was a lot of money for me as a 14 year old.

The entire game had two modes. TWO MODES.
Wrong, it's a dope as fuck game. Evidence!
Wwf_royal_rumble_screenshot.jpg

Royal Rumble mode allows for more than eight characters on screen at once, including multiple instances of one wrestler; in this picture there are three Steve Austins.

So I had the kind of depressing thought that maybe the reason Foley reads so many promos off sheets of paper now is because his short term memory probably isnt all the way there anymore.

It's too bad the old PS2 games didn't have achievements. Surviving the rumble from #1 in Shut Your Mouth was so fucking difficult when even the divas could send super heavyweights flying over the top rope with a slap.

Sephzilla

So I had the kind of depressing thought that maybe the reason Foley reads so many promos off sheets of paper now is because his short term memory probably isnt all the way there anymore.

This honestly would not surprise me. Mick has been having promo trouble since he came back

Sephzilla

It's too bad that TNA's reputation is too permanently stained, WWE right now is ripe for another promotion to rise up and challenge them

Zach

While you guys are suffering through this Modern Mick Madness, I gotta say: Commissioner Foley (in 2000) is a lot of fun. I mean, unsurprisingly. He's been so, so good in the Attitude Era.

Maybe, but I'll be optimistic and say he isn't good with pre-written corporate stuff

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

8p: 2.73 Million
9p: 2.69 Million
10p: 2.63 Million

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fucking cruiserweights

They'll put it on Pop TV before they make it Network only

It's looking like it's going to be Network-exclusive in Germany. I could see it happening in a few countries

If it happens in the US, they're fucked. They would lose so much money without TV. They'd cancel SD before giving up on Raw being on TV

Sephzilla

I just want to know how low the ratings have to go before the executives in the company decide that there needs to be a change in power

Sky Sports have WWE in the UK until 2019. I feel if Sky ever drop WWE BT Sport would pick them up. They have already pinched a lot of content away from Sky and would probbaly like WWE to go alongside UFC.

Sky are currently showing live WWE on Sky Sports 5... which is the lowest station on their lineup. WWE used to be on Sky Sport 2. Maybe they are getting tired with WWE too?

Top Bottom