• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Eddie was already fucked up tbh. It was only a matter time. They tried helping him but he was so hard on himself. Then Benny, I think if the depression from the deaths of lots of his didn't sink in, he would've lived longer. But he and Eddie birth destroyed their bodies to be on the top. It's sad what this fake business will do to you.

I was having such a good friday :'(

Regardless of whatever happened in his personal life or what type of shit put in his body, Eddie will always be the greatest for me.

Anyways, if you like back flippy floppy shit like I do, this just happened 'today'
It was taped but for the sake of argument

Lothar

Banned
Eddie was already fucked up tbh. It was only a matter time. They tried helping him but he was so hard on himself. Then Benny, I think if the depression from the deaths of lots of his didn't sink in, he would've lived longer. But he and Eddie birth destroyed their bodies to be on the top. It's sad what this fake business will do to you.

I don't think they tried. Wasn't the Wellness program in response to Eddie dying? Did they even test for steroids before that? When Eddie came back in 2002 scary huge, no way can anyone say he wasn't on steroids. They should have just looked at him and suspended him. Instead they rewarded him.

I don't think they tried. Wasn't the Wellness program in response to Eddie dying? Did they even test for steroids before that? When Eddie came back in 2002 scary huge, no way can anyone say he wasn't on steroids. They should have just looked at him and suspended him. Instead they rewarded him.
Yeah, I was referring to them putting him in rehab and letting him go in 2001. My bad.

Syder

While my son will eventually hang himself in a gas station bathroom, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll stay around...

Forever.

They will never go away.

It can never be undone.

NXQpfsU.gif

rrc1594

Shoot of the Day

A lot of games that get high praise these days actually are bad to mediocre in the gameplay department
(The Witcher 3)
. Just like WWE runs from wrestling, the video game industry runs away from being a game.

mr-pheeney-shooting-nerf-gun.gif

DKehoe

Just when I thought I knew everything I learn something new. Bret in ECW and the Last Battle of Atlanta (everyone thought it was taped over by Ole Anderson) are going to be must watches.

So what holy grails in wrestling are left after this?

Bret Hart vs Tom Magee is the ultimate holy grail match

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

been lurking WrestleGaf for like three years now. Some annoying inside-Memes aside, I appreciate the community and a lot of you guys are totally funny. I like Indie Poster Thursday and Shoot friday etc.

I love Pro Wrestling. Love it so much that I even made my own Pro Wrestling promotion. It's called Middle Kingdom Wrestling. We operate in China. You may know us from Googling about CWC WWE Particpant Ho Ho Lun who wrestles for me or just doing any research about Chinese Pro Wrestling.

We upload our shows on Youku, Tudou and Youtube (for western audiences,) with English commentary -- so do please give it a look and subscribe to our channel. Would appreciate it so so so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gdeTKKEj4

And follow us on Twitter please:

https://twitter.com/MKWwrestling

OK I AM SERIOUSLY DONE SHILLING !

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

I became a Pro Wrestling fan by renting WCW/NWO World Tour at Blockbuster. I was Sting in the game and I hit Hollywood Hogan with a Scorpion deathdrop.

And then one day I switch through channels on TV and come across WCW Nitro in early 1998 and see Sting do an SSD on Hollywood Hogan. And I was like, wow, pro wrestling is exactly like the game? Ok, I'm in forever and now, here we are.

Guzim

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

been lurking WrestleGaf for like three years now. Some annoying inside-Memes aside, I appreciate the community and a lot of you guys are totally funny. I like Indie Poster Thursday and Shoot friday etc.
::shakes hand::

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

I love Pro Wrestling. Love it so much that I even made my own Pro Wrestling promotion. It's called Middle Kingdom Wrestling. We operate in China. You may know us from Googling about CWC WWE Particpant Ho Ho Lun who wrestles for me or just doing any research about Chinese Pro Wrestling.

We upload our shows on Youku, Tudou and Youtube (for western audiences,) with English commentary -- so do please give it a look and subscribe to our channel. Would appreciate it so so so much.

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

I became a Pro Wrestling fan by renting WCW/NWO World Tour at Blockbuster. I was Sting in the game and I hit Hollywood Hogan with a Scorpion deathdrop.

And then one day I switch through channels on TV and come across WCW Nitro in early 1998 and see Sting do an SSD on Hollywood Hogan. And I was like, wow, pro wrestling is exactly like the game? Ok, I'm in forever and now, here we are.

Welcome, friend.
anigif_enhanced-30287-1445554187-2.gif

Heroman

Banned
Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

Welcome
b220b054b01b196ad07f95c6efd59cc765bfe532_hq.gif

Shoot, Tell me more about Chinese pro wrestling right not, how popular is and who are the guys I should what out how?

Zach

How I became a fan:

I watched three minutes of that video and it was a fever dream. Good work.

How about WCW/nWo Revenge? Pretty amazing, right?

BFIB

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

I require no less than 5 "bro" per post you make here, bro.

And welcome bro, it's a great community bro.

Time for a shoot: Arquette was a better wcw champ than JJ.

Hex

Banned
Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

NxsWXFW.gif

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

As someone who was also a lurker before joining recently, welcome!

axelmania-meets-macho-mandow.gif

Is Ibushi the next DBry? Why is this dude always getting fucking in the head/neck area? Yes, I know, that may just be how to sell that move, but still. I worry.
If getting fucked in the head/neck area makes you the next Daniel Bryan then the NJPW roster might as well grow hobo beards and shitty Shawn Michales hair.

Welcome
b220b054b01b196ad07f95c6efd59cc765bfe532_hq.gif

Shoot, Tell me more about Chinese pro wrestling right not, how popular is and who are the guys I should what out how?

Follow:

The Slam
The Selfie King
LENBAI
Ho Ho Lun
Jason Wang
Black Mamba
King of Man

We also have foreigners like Big Sam, Dalton Bragg and Ash Silva.
Pro Wrestling is just getting started -- WWE is coming back to China after a 3 or 4 year hiatus next week!

To not derail this thread too much, I'll just link to the Reddit AMA I did the other day about MKW/Chinese Pro Wrestling

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ian_gomez_ama_middle_kingdom_wrestling_china/

And one last plea -- Please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We want to hit 1000 before our next event in Thailand soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0Se3Lxucw

Xie Xie!

rofl

Yeah I guess so. :p

So here's a question I just came up with -- think of your wrestling viewing sessions as a pie chart and write in percentages which pro wrestling company gets the most of your viewing time

For me:

65% CURRENT WWE (includes Raw Smackdown NXT CWC)
15% Ring of Honor
10% "Old School Indie" (IWA MS/CZW etc.)
5% "Classic" WWE (Attitude era and older)
5% TNA

korly

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

Welcome to the show! I smell money!
19951002_eddie_dean_01_USE.jpg

rofl

So here's a question I just came up with -- think of your wrestling viewing sessions as a pie chart and write in percentages which pro wrestling company gets the most of your viewing time

For me:

15% Ring of Honor
5% TNA

Just got njpw world and catching up with the G1 so the last couple of weeks

50% njpw
35% wwe nxt cwc
15% indies

Heroman

Banned
rofl

For me:

15% Ring of Honor
5% TNA
Friend, you need some Japanese pro wrestling in your life.

rofl

For me:

15% Ring of Honor
5% TNA

40% Podcast/Shoots
25% WWE(RAW/SMACKDOWN/PPV)
15% Older TNA
1O% NJPW
5% Subterranean Lucha
5% Miscellaneous older stuff

Don't have it in me to go through the entire G1. But I'd def recommend some japanese wrasslin'

Zach

There was a lady on the Curb Your Enthusiasm I was watching last night with the name Nakamura and then there was just some hot air balloon lady on CBS Sunday Morning with the name Nakamura. Is it a sign from the wrestling gods?!

Zach

rofl

For me:

15% Ring of Honor
5% TNA
94% chronological journey (WWF, WCW, ECW, currently in 2000)
3% NXT
2% CWC
1% live WWE PPVs

40% Podcast/Shoots
15% Older TNA
1O% NJPW
5% Subterranean Lucha

Don't have it in me to go through the entire G1. But I'd def recommend some japanese wrasslin'

Which podcasts? I've only really been listening to podcasts from podcast one. Russo with Disco, Konnan, Jericho (hasn't done many wrestling ones recently) and the odd Ross Report. Austins interview style has got really formulaic no matter who the guest. I think that was his problem with Ambrose, he didn't wanna talk about growing up, wasn't into high school sports and Austin couldn't adapt.

Could do with some recommendations

This idea that Roman could draw like The Rock if they just turned him heel. That's like saying that Erick Rowan could be as big as Stone Cold if he could catch a beer can.

Roman is never even going to make it to Cena's level, being The Rock is a pipe-dream. The guy is 31. The Rock turned 31 in 2003, and he had already left the WWE before his 31st birthday.

You have to have something on the mic and Roman doesn't have a single shred in or out of the ring. I mean, good on him for having a handsome face and learning a few moves and getting paid. He better be saving that money.

40% Podcast/Shoots
15% Older TNA
1O% NJPW
5% Subterranean Lucha

I love shoots. I maybe spend more time watching/listening to shoots than I do watching actual wrestling as well.

Top Bottom