• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

SXFhqM3.jpg

I sure hope Angle wins this... And I'm not too bothered about it, but ha! Look at all those eliminated WCW greats.

Which podcasts? I've only really been listening to podcasts from podcast one. Russo with Disco, Konnan, Jericho (hasn't done many wrestling ones recently) and the odd Ross Report. Austins interview style has got really formulaic no matter who the guest. I think that was his problem with Ambrose, he didn't wanna talk about growing up, wasn't into high school sports and Austin couldn't adapt.

Could do with some recommendations
It's mainly going through old episodes of The Lapsed Fan(a polarizing figure in the GAF universe), old Bryan and Vinny TNA reviews, Kayfabe Commentaries/YouShoots, The LAW archive, and WeWatchWrestling. For the week to week recaps it's Live Audio Wrestling, Solomonster, or of course, Big D Meltzer.

This idea that Roman could draw like The Rock if they just turned him heel. That's like saying that Erick Rowan could be as big as Stone Cold if he could catch a beer can.

Roman is never even going to make it to Cena's level, being The Rock is a pipe-dream. The guy is 31. The Rock turned 31 in 2003, and he had already left the WWE before his 31st birthday.

You have to have something on the mic and Roman doesn't have a single shred in or out of the ring. I mean, good on him for having a handsome face and learning a few moves and getting paid. He better be saving that money.

I'd rather watch him wrestle than most in the company right now, especially his two Shield brothers.

It's mainly going through old episodes of The Lapsed Fan(a polarizing figure in the GAF universe), old Bryan and Vinny TNA reviews, Kayfabe Commentaries/YouShoots, The LAW archive, and WeWatchWrestling. For the week to week recaps it's Live Audio Wrestling, Solomonster, or of course, Big D Meltzer.

Thanks! I've bookmarked LAW and Solomonster gonna give them a go.But I'm not sure about paying 11 bucks for Big Dave. Is it worth it? The 1.99 for MLW seems more up my alley. Plus I wouldn't mind listening to some old talk n shops aswell

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

been lurking WrestleGaf for like three years now. Some annoying inside-Memes aside, I appreciate the community and a lot of you guys are totally funny. I like Indie Poster Thursday and Shoot friday etc.

I love Pro Wrestling. Love it so much that I even made my own Pro Wrestling promotion. It's called Middle Kingdom Wrestling. We operate in China. You may know us from Googling about CWC WWE Particpant Ho Ho Lun who wrestles for me or just doing any research about Chinese Pro Wrestling.

We upload our shows on Youku, Tudou and Youtube (for western audiences,) with English commentary -- so do please give it a look and subscribe to our channel. Would appreciate it so so so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gdeTKKEj4

And follow us on Twitter please:

https://twitter.com/MKWwrestling

OK I AM SERIOUSLY DONE SHILLING !

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

I became a Pro Wrestling fan by renting WCW/NWO World Tour at Blockbuster. I was Sting in the game and I hit Hollywood Hogan with a Scorpion deathdrop.

And then one day I switch through channels on TV and come across WCW Nitro in early 1998 and see Sting do an SSD on Hollywood Hogan. And I was like, wow, pro wrestling is exactly like the game? Ok, I'm in forever and now, here we are.

Welcome. I hope Blue puts you over.

"See, we're above that southern wrasslin' crap. We're in the entertainment business. We make movies, y'see?"

This is gonna be a barn burner.

Dammit Vince.

Thanks! I've bookmarked LAW and Solomonster gonna give them a go.But I'm not sure about paying 11 bucks for Big Dave. Is it worth it? The 1.99 for MLW seems more up my alley. Plus I wouldn't mind listening to some old talk n shops aswell
You're pretty much covered with Solomonster and The LAW.

Tagyhag

According to Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc, Alberto Del Rio has exercised an out clause in his contract that allows him to leave WWE before his deal is supposed to end in October.

So this is still a rumor right? Seems like nobody would be surprised if it happened.

korly

Why doesn't Japan make wrassle games anymore? The last one I can remember is Wrestle Kingdom 2 and that was 2007!

bjork

There is a JP mobile wrassle game, it has an icon that's one of those dudes you guys talk about.

Anyway, I'm just getting home from the tow truck dropping off my now-immobile car. Hit a tire that was in the freeway for some reason, and it tore the hell out of my car's undercarriage. There's no way it's coming back. Sad day, but I no-sold death, so hey.

There is a JP mobile wrassle game, it has an icon that's one of those dudes you guys talk about.

Anyway, I'm just getting home from the tow truck dropping off my now-immobile car. Hit a tire that was in the freeway for some reason, and it tore the hell out of my car's undercarriage. There's no way it's coming back. Sad day, but I no-sold death, so hey.
Sorry to hear man, just a good thing that you're ok. You know just when you think you're in good with money, your car always comes in and screws you over.

latest

Menome

Friends, after nearly a year of illness, the Stay Up To Watch PPVs Live Era is at an end. Which is good because that's a silly-long name for an era. I have a new job starting tomorrow as a private-ambulance dispatcher.

DMczaf

Friends, after nearly a year of illness, the Stay Up To Watch PPVs Live Era is at an end. Which is good because that's a silly-long name for an era. I have a new job starting tomorrow as a private-ambulance dispatcher.

That's great and all...but did you know WWE Network is on iPhone and Android ?!?!

Congrats on the job!living in the UK one of the first things I do on a Monday morning is to look for the results. I can't help it even knowing it ruins some of the enjoyment I'll get from watching the ppv later

Don't leave me alone in this bleak temptation!
My sleep pattern still hasn't recovered from Takeover/Summerslam combo.

Also congrats on the job.

Congratulations. Now I know who to call after I bury all of these jobbers.

Congrats on the job, Menome!

Alright here we go --

Hello yall!

been lurking WrestleGaf for like three years now. Some annoying inside-Memes aside, I appreciate the community and a lot of you guys are totally funny. I like Indie Poster Thursday and Shoot friday etc.

I love Pro Wrestling. Love it so much that I even made my own Pro Wrestling promotion. It's called Middle Kingdom Wrestling. We operate in China. You may know us from Googling about CWC WWE Particpant Ho Ho Lun who wrestles for me or just doing any research about Chinese Pro Wrestling.

We upload our shows on Youku, Tudou and Youtube (for western audiences,) with English commentary -- so do please give it a look and subscribe to our channel. Would appreciate it so so so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gdeTKKEj4

And follow us on Twitter please:

https://twitter.com/MKWwrestling

OK I AM SERIOUSLY DONE SHILLING !

--My fave 5--
(no order)

Aj Styles
Kevin Owens
John Cena
Sami Zayne
Chris Jericho

How I became a fan:

I became a Pro Wrestling fan by renting WCW/NWO World Tour at Blockbuster. I was Sting in the game and I hit Hollywood Hogan with a Scorpion deathdrop.

And then one day I switch through channels on TV and come across WCW Nitro in early 1998 and see Sting do an SSD on Hollywood Hogan. And I was like, wow, pro wrestling is exactly like the game? Ok, I'm in forever and now, here we are.
Nice fave five! Welcome!

giphy.gif

miserable

which Japan-only wrasslin game is the best (not counting Fire Pro)?

Wrestle Kingdom
King of Colosseum 2
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
or some other obscure one?

which Japan-only wrasslin game is the best (not counting Fire Pro)?

Wrestle Kingdom
King of Colosseum 2
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2
or some other obscure one?

I would give the edge slightly to VPW2 because it's the AKI gameplay at its best.

King of Colosseum 2's meticulous attention to detail makes it very close, but it can be a bit cumbersome.

Top Bottom