• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Working on getting my power lifts back. I'm a lean dude, 6'3" and about 205, but was able to move some good weight. I got too cute and started doing accessory exercises too much and almost abandoned the core lifts (well, not really). I am back to strength training right now.

8 sets of 3 reps of heavy squats and deadlifts time.

#preparingformyfightwithblue

Working on getting my power lifts back. I'm a lean dude, 6'3" and about 205, but was able to move some good weight. I got too cute and started doing accessory exercises too much and almost abandoned the core lifts (well, not really). I am back to strength training right now.

8 sets of 3 reps of heavy squats and deadlifts time.

#preparingformyfightwithblue
Weak ass pleb

gun_haver

I guess I'll ask this here since fitness talk comes up every once in a while -

I've gained a bit of weight this year. Not loads so I don't need any extreme regimen. I'm 6'2 and weigh between 210-220lbs. I'd like to get down to 190-200. Wouldn't mind putting on a little muscle either so

I was thinking I'd just hit the treadmill and switch out a few of these pizzas for chicken and greens. Cut down on that booze too - that's the real killer, I know. That'll do it, right? But what else could I be doing, friends?

I'm 27, by the way. I can feel my body is beginning to gain weight more easily so it's time I started getting used to maintaining it rather than just doing what I like with no consequences.

I guess I'll ask this here since fitness talk comes up every once in a while -

I've gained a bit of weight this year. Not loads so I don't need any extreme regimen. I'm 6'2 and weigh between 210-220lbs. I'd like to get down to 190-200. Wouldn't mind putting on a little muscle either so

I was thinking I'd just hit the treadmill and switch out a few of these pizzas for chicken and greens. Cut down on that booze too - that's the real killer, I know. That'll do it, right? But what else could I be doing, friends?

I'm 27, by the way. I can feel my body is beginning to gain weight more easily so it's time I started getting used to maintaining it rather than just doing what I like with no consequences.

Pretty much, you just need cardio. I'd add in some light lifting as well just for toning.

Hasney

Bbsh5Pv.gif

Tagyhag

@TheMontyBrown
Recently received a contract offer from WWE to return to #RAW or #SmackDownLIVE but I kindly denied

:[

He's 46, they really need to hire young talent instead.

I'm sure Monty's still got it, and he looks amazing for his age but this shouldn't be the way to pad out your rosters if you're thinking long term.

So, about that spoiler for clash of champions

Crgn9dDUIAAHV6s.jpg

Everyone still think Owens is the heel in that story right... You really think the other guy, with Steph in his corner, is not the authority pick ?

They are clearly doing a rogue Trip wants the fresh NXT to rule while the old guard wants the same old crap..

That's the way i see it.
Ugh. How does Rollins keep getting these undeserved title shots?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm really LTTP on this, but my god Broken Matt Hardy is the most entertaining character in wrestling right now. Only just recently started to check out his stuff, and I'm absolutely captivated. I can't remember being this entertained by a character in wrestling in so long. Very excited for Impact next week.

DMczaf

I'm really LTTP on this, but my god Broken Matt Hardy is the most entertaining character in wrestling right now. Only just recently started to check out his stuff, and I'm absolutely captivated. I can't remember being this entertained by a character in wrestling in so long. Very excited for Impact next week.

Broken Matt is a legit Wrassler of the Year candidate.

Hell, you could say Broken Matt and AJ Styles are both Most Improved of the Year as well.

orioto

Good Art™
Yeah i still think.. Rollins is not that obvious as a face, especially when he was just a heel.

_Good luck having a face dynamic with Steph in your corner
_Good luck making the crowd wanting Owens to lose the title when it was so nice to see him win it in first place and he's over as fuck..

You never goes against the natural flow of things..

Because he keeps taking out his competition by trying to legit murder them.
He'll eventually injure himself again with a sick flip soon.
Yeah i still think.. Rollins is not that obvious as a face, especially when he was just a heel.

_Good luck having a face dynamic with Steph in your corner
_Good luck making the crowd wanting Owens to lose the title when it was so nice to see him win it in first place and he's over as fuck..

You never goes against the natural flow of things..
He'll be a crybaby, whiny face like he was a crybaby, whiny heel. I still can't believe he took to Twitter to cry about the fans not chanting "this is awesome" during his bland spot fest with Finn.
It's a shame Vince keeps shoving the handful of individuals he's so high on down our throats each month tbh.
☕️🐸

orioto

Good Art™
He'll eventually injure himself again with a sick flip soon.

He'll be a crybaby, whiny face like he was a crybaby, whiny heel. I still can't believe he took to Twitter to cry about the fans not chanting "this is awesome" during his bland spot fest with Finn.

Yeah that's why i don't think he's that good of a face...
Now i still think the reaction when Owens was crowned was what the wwe wanted.

Also Cena posted a Owens support on instagram... it really feels like Owens will be the face. Yet nobody wants to believe it :p

Yeah that's why i don't think he's that good of a face...
Now i still think the reaction when Owens was crowned was what the wwe wanted.

Also Cena posted a Owens support on instagram... it really feels like Owens will be the face. Yet nobody wants to believe it :p
He's posted Rollins support before too. So

bjork

Alright, so now that I'm actually back home: driving down the freeway and I'm in the middle lane. There's a guy in front of me and he changes lanes, pretty normally. But as he does, I see that there's a tire in the lane. There was just enough time for my brain to register that it was a tire before I hit it. The car went up and off the front tires, the airbag deployed, and the entire cabin filled with smoke (does this happen from an airbag?). I veered to the right and tried to make it to the shoulder, and made it over without hitting the wall. Luckily there was no one anywhere close behind me, so the other cars all made their way left.

I got out and looked and the front tires are flat, the hood is pretty messed up, and the radiator is bent, and there's tons of fluid coming out. I walk back down the shoulder to try and go get the tire out of the damn road. There was a rim now, too, so I'm assuming someone's spare fell off and I hit it? I'm not sure. But as I walked back, I heard the clanking of pieces of my car flinging wildly as oncoming cars ran them over. I got the tire off the road, got the rim off the road, and picked up some secondary radiator that came off my car, no idea what it was actually for. Walked back and a lady pulled up and said that she had seen me hit it, and that she looped around to come back and see if I was okay. She offered flares, but then saw all the shit on the ground and said it probably wasn't a good idea.

Right after that, CHP has fully stopped traffic and he's picking up loose pieces of metal and whatnot off the ground. As it turns out, someone had reported the tire and he was coming to get it. So if I had been a few minutes later, it might not have been there at all. He offered a tow, I said yes, so he called the tow guy out. Towed the car home, and now it's out on the street where it will stay until I figure out what to do with it. There's no way it's worth fixing, so I need to call my insurance tomorrow and see what the next step is. It's been a few hours and I'm noticing some sore spots on my body, but nothing I'd go to a doctor for. I'm sure slamming into an airbag and the shock of dealing with this isn't good for the body or soul.

Anyway, links of photos, so I don't clog a page with images:

- what I initially saw when I got out
- the tire in question
- the rim. notice that it is folded in on the back
- my front tire. It's completely torn through, and the rim has a part of it peeled back
- the hood, after the CHP dude got there.
- after the tow truck lifted it. that's my fan.
- the tow truck lifting thing, and how bent my main radiator is
- another picture of the radiator. I couldn't believe it
- idk what it is, but part of the bottom is torn and gone entirely.
- the tow guy poured some sand stuff on the fluid to dry it up, but look at how long it is. You can see the tire and rim in the distance.

gun_haver

I think you're all getting worked by saying Seth wouldn't work as a face. This time last year we were all begging for it.

It's a bit of a messy scenario to actually turn him face right now, yeah. They should NOT have attached Kevin Owens to the Triple H vs Seth program which is what we have been waiting for and will, you all know this, be an astounding match.

So I don't know how they're gonna play this - we'll see on Raw tomorrow. Benefit of the doubt as always, more hits than misses lately, but I'm hoping that clash of the champions poster isn't right cos like

It's all wrong. The only traditionally booked face on that poster is fucking Mick Foley. What? Nah, that ain't right - we're gonna see some swerves and big moves before the PPV.

I think you're all getting worked by saying Seth wouldn't work as a face. This time last year we were all begging for it.

It's a bit of a messy scenario to actually turn him face right now, yeah. They should NOT have attached Kevin Owens to the Triple H vs Seth program which is what we have been waiting for and will, you all know this, be an astounding match.

So I don't know how they're gonna play this - we'll see on Raw tomorrow. Benefit of the doubt as always, more hits than misses lately, but I'm hoping that clash of the champions poster isn't right cos like

It's all wrong. The only traditionally booked face on that poster is fucking Mick Foley. What? Nah, that ain't right - we're gonna see some swerves and big moves before the PPV.
You mean May 22, 2016. People were begging for that face Rollins.

Menome

Bjork, for someone who says their life consists of just getting in and out of bed, you do seem to have mini-adventures a lot more than I do.

Glad you're alright, sounds like it could have gone a lot worse.

Heroman

Banned
411 mania Top 10 Matches of August 2016/

10. The WWE Cruiserweight Classic 8.10.16: Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander
9. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 13 – Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Naomichi Marufuji
8. The WWE Cruiserweight Classic 8.31.16 – Kota Ibushi vs. Brian Kendrick
7. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 11- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
6. WWE Summerslam – John Cena vs. AJ Styles
5. NXT Takeover: Back to Brooklyn – NXT Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Revival (Dash and Dawson) vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa
4. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 19: Kenny Omega vs. Hirooki Goto
3. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 17 – Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada
2. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 13 – Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii
1. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 18 – Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega

August was a crazy month.

bjork

Bjork, for someone who says their life consists of just getting in and out of bed, you do seem to have mini-adventures a lot more than I do.

Glad you're alright, sounds like it could have gone a lot worse.

This has kept me from getting in bed for hours past when I intended, so that's an additional annoyance. Though, I am now off tonight, instead of getting up at 9 to go in, so I guess I will get up a lot later. Yay?

This has kept me from getting in bed for hours past when I intended, so that's an additional annoyance. Though, I am now off tonight, instead of getting up at 9 to go in, so I guess I will get up a lot later. Yay?
I think Seth is trying to kill you too brother. Good think you're kicking out and not letting the rolls ups keep you down.

Hex

Banned
People still cry about Seth being unsafe, hell Finn came out after and said that Seth is one of if not the safest worker he knows.
Shit happens in the ring, the more you try to do the more chances for something to go wrong.

CqbOa-eWcAEDJUF.jpg
People still cry about Seth being unsafe, hell Finn came out after and said that Seth is one of if not the safest worker he knows.
Shit happens in the ring, the more you try to do the more chances for something to go wrong.

nah man you dont get it finns a corporate stooge

actual post sentiment i saw

Tagyhag

I believe that, however, I also believe he should stop doing that stupid move. No one thinks it looks amazing when it's done, and it's hurt people in the past.

I'm sure he can come up with something else, or just steal another one of Trips' moves.

Menome

I'm making my first shoot and say that the whole mandatory face and heel stuff is becoming completely outdated.

I completely agree. This day and age it should primarily be characters who happen to have heel and face characteristics, as opposed to a black-and-white "Good guys/bad guys" dynamic.

411 mania Top 10 Matches of August 2016/

10. The WWE Cruiserweight Classic 8.10.16: Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander
9. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 13 – Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Naomichi Marufuji
8. The WWE Cruiserweight Classic 8.31.16 – Kota Ibushi vs. Brian Kendrick
7. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 11- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
6. WWE Summerslam – John Cena vs. AJ Styles
5. NXT Takeover: Back to Brooklyn – NXT Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Revival (Dash and Dawson) vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa
4. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 19: Kenny Omega vs. Hirooki Goto
3. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 17 – Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada
2. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 13 – Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii
1. NJPW’s G1 Climax Night 18 – Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega

August was a crazy month.

No lies detected.

Only one way to protect your spot, brother.

Welcome back squire!

Hex

Banned
I believe that, however, I also believe he should stop doing that stupid move. No one thinks it looks amazing when it's done, and it's hurt people in the past.

I'm sure he can come up with something else, or just steal another one of Trips' moves.

I personally think that it is a great spot and looks great, but it is a bit overdone now.
The problem is, as they say the hardest hit is the one that you do not see and with a move like that you can guess but can't really know when impact will be.

Aiii

So not worth it

They can call him the safest worker, but fact is that he knee'd Cena's face in, ended Sting's career and put Finn out for at least four months in just one single year.

Facts do not support the statement made.

Top Bottom