• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

YXBnADq.gif

Raw64life

So Mick Foley accidentally posted a TNA ad on Twitter, then made a joke about it. 24 hours later, the tweet is still up and it seems like he is fully aware of it and has no intention of removing it. I'm not quite sure why he thinks this is a good idea.

Zach

History is that i've watched WCW and WWE a lot as a youngster, but became Lapsed. Checked Network when it came out but decided to unsubscripe since all the PPVs where shit.
"All PPVs" as in "all modern-day PPVs"? Because there are some great old PPVs if you're into retro-watching.

So Mick Foley accidentally posted a TNA ad on Twitter, then made a joke about it. 24 hours later, the tweet is still up and it seems like he is fully aware of it and has no intention of removing it. I'm not quite sure why he thinks this is a good idea.
Well it's funny and won't really have any negative repercussions

People still cry about Seth being unsafe, hell Finn came out after and said that Seth is one of if not the safest worker he knows.
Shit happens in the ring, the more you try to do the more chances for something to go wrong.

He must've said it because he's scared if he tells the truth that monster Seff will return to finish the job he started!

Hasney

If WWE bringing in TNA guys and not changing their names doesn't say how much WWE doesn't five a fuck about TNA anymore, I'm not sure what will.

I promise you guys one other thing, the curb stomp didn't get banned on account of Rollins being "one of the safest workers".

No, it got banned because of children possibly copying at home. It's much worse than a spear or some shit if kids do it. They've gone over this.

That move never injured anyone.

Zach

Yes! Kurt Angle is the King of the Ring!

P.S. This PPV hasn't been great and you sons of mothers swore to me that the 2000 PPVs ruleddd.

Yes! Kurt Angle is the King of the Ring!

P.S. This PPV hasn't been great and you sons of mothers swore to me that the 2000 PPVs ruleddd.

So what you're telling me is you're not Joe Cool?
...that is the event where Vince calls himself that right?

Anyway it's one of the lesser events but it also has a Kane event so no issues on my end.

It still boggles my mind that Seth not only failed to injure Kane, but looped around and injured himself. Kane truly does have the devil's luck.
Wow, a newish game? I may have to keep an eye out for a deal. The series has never clicked for me, but I'm always willing to try, try again.

I'll warn you right now that Generations' quality kinda falls off a cliff near the end-game (specifically the final boss), but it's a fun ride nonetheless.

Zach

So what you're telling me is you're not Joe Cool?
...that is the event where Vince calls himself that right?

Anyway it's one of the lesser events but it also has a Kane event so no issues on my end.
Yeah, it is the Joe Cool show. I'm amazed you remember that. Haha...

I mean, I liked Backlash. It got a B (minus, I think)...
TRIGGERED

King of the Ring and WM2000 were the two weakest from Rumble through SummerSlam.

Unforgiven through Armaggedon were just okay PPVs.
I'd probably agree with this, though I think No Mercy is really good (top two matches are great). Also I've watched Armageddon many times because the main event is a hell of a spectacle.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
God this place confuses me. You all are capable of giving me a massive range of emotions.

On one side, I'm so happy that I lurked and I discovered amazing matches on the indies and NJPW. You all have opened my world to some amazing wrestling that I didn't know existed.

On another side, I really dislike that during a live match, some of you make grand proclamations about how the match is going to go and then toss in some nuggets on WWE booking, Vince, future matches, and how they're all about milking you out of your money. Mind you, this is when the match is still ongoing.

On the angry side, what I hate is when a match doesn't align with some of your fantasy booking, that you go off on this massive tirade and in some cases hope that Vince dies soon.

Throughout the time I've been lurking and sporadically posting, I've come to love you all and think a lot of you are absolutely hilarious. But god damn sometimes I hope a mod locks down the thread for a month based off of some of the shit some of you say sometimes.

Mind you, I'm still in the phase of not knowing which of you are shooting, who of you are doing a work, which of you turned a shoot into a work, which of you turned a work into a shoot, or which of you are just doing some flippy shit for carny reasons. Damn you all.

Smooches to the insanely interesting posters on the corner of GAF that can find an interesting gif to insert into pretty much any thread here on the board and have it be subject appropriate.

You really believe this?

The same carny company that has dudes jumping off cages, burning hammers, go to sleep, suicide dives, moonsault out of the ring and not to mention every other move performed in-ring that can just as easily influence a kid to hurt someone...

The curb stomp was the line drawn in the sand?
They didn't want me to do it on you but little do they know.....

God this place confuses me. You all are capable of giving me a massive range of emotions.

On one side, I'm so happy that I lurked and I discovered amazing matches on the indies and NJPW. You all have opened my world to some amazing wrestling that I didn't know existed.

On another side, I really dislike that during a live match, some of you make grand proclamations about how the match is going to go and then toss in some nuggets on WWE booking, Vince, future matches, and how they're all about milking you out of your money. Mind you, this is when the match is still ongoing.

On the angry side, what I hate is when a match doesn't align with some of your fantasy booking, that you go off on this massive tirade and in some cases hope that Vince dies soon.

Throughout the time I've been lurking and sporadically posting, I've come to love you all and think a lot of you are absolutely hilarious. But god damn sometimes I hope a mod locks down the thread for a month based off of some of the shit some of you say sometimes.

Mind you, I'm still in the phase of not knowing which of you are shooting, who of you are doing a work, which of you turned a shoot into a work, which of you turned a work into a shoot, or which of you are just doing some flippy shit for carny reasons. Damn you all.

Smooches to the insanely interesting posters on the corner of GAF that can find an interesting gif to insert into pretty much any thread here on the board and have it be subject appropriate.
All I lnow is Blue is definitely a work. 6,000 posts per thread, never drew a dime.

Top Bottom