• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

gun_haver

Charlotte should also be a 90 by now with the rest of the women's division 86 or below, except Becky who is 87.

This kinda ranking out of 100 is actually kind of fun.

Raw64life

Dean Ambrose

I never thought he was great and started to actively dislike him the moment his gimmick began to include doing Nickelodeon gags with hot dog carts and exploding briefcases, which was way before he became champion.

Also, his already unimpressive looking offense seemed to just get weaker with his punches that look like he's having a pillow fight sans pillows, THE WACKY LINE, etc. It's a bad look for any gimmick but especially bad for someone who's gimmick is supposed to be and unhinged maniac.

gun_haver

She's boring

that was true in january, but it isn't anymore.

she's becoming a monster heel rather than a 'raw heel',and i'm not gonna stand for 'she's bad on promos'. i don't throw this around too much cos it gets said entirely too much, but i think that perception is a bit of sexism creeping in (i'm not accusing you in particular, you didn't say that, but it's being said a lot). she isn't a GREAT promo, but she's getting pretty good. her, alexa and becky, all good promos with room to grow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah I really don't see the appeal or upside of buying TNA as it currently stands.

The contracts and equipment. Corgan plans to change the name and branding when he buys it.

He never wants to fight but turns into a vulture when he can end a career.

tumblr_oe6wvvTfMW1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

gun_haver

He never wants to fight but turns into a vulture when he can end a career.

tumblr_oe6wvvTfMW1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

that's such a good take on his character like - a completely obnoxious, vain coward but when he hears he can hurt somebody, not physically, but spiritually...that he can just slip in there and take something that was important the fuck away.......

yeah, i like it. that's a nice heel.

Raw64life

Listening to Billy Corgan talk about the TNA sale right now on Busted Open. It doesn't sound very good for TNA, although it's nice that he's being very open and upfront about what's going on. If this was Dixie being interviewed she'd just be saying "Everything is fine, don't listen to the dirt sheets, we got some great things planned, TNA is on the come up!"

Kaladin

Listening to Billy Corgan talk about the TNA sale right now on Busted Open. It doesn't sound very good for TNA, although it's nice that he's being very open and upfront about what's going on. If this was Dixie being interviewed she'd just be saying "Everything is fine, don't listen to the dirt sheets, we got some great things planned, TNA is on the come up!"

Does it sound like he's going to be able to buy it or fund it?

So the superstar ratings came out for 2K17. LOL.

AJ Styles - 89
Andre The Giant - 80
Alundra Blaze - 87
Arn Anderson - 86
Asuka - 85
Bayley - 86
Becky - 83
Big Cass - 84
Big Show - 83
Bo Dallas - 67
Braun Strowman - 78
Bray Wyatt - 87
Bret Hart - 90
Carmella - 70
Cesaro - 88
Charlotte - 86
Jericho - 87
Jericho 01 - 92
Axel - 68
Daniel Bryan - 89
Dean Ambrose - 90

Edge - 90
Finn Balor - 88
Goldberg - 92
Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 78
Usos - 84
Kane - 79
Kane 98 - 89
Kevin Owens - 86
Lita - 87
Nikki Bella - 84
Randy Orton - 88
Randy Savage - 91
Razor Ramon - 88
Ric Flair - 91
Roman Reigns - 89

Rock - 92
Rock 01 - 91
Sami Zayn - 86
Samoa Joe - 87
Sasha Banks - 86
Seth Rollins - 93

Shawn Michaels - 89
Shinsuke Nakamura - 86
Stone Cold Steve Austin - 95
Sting - 87
Sting 91 - 87
Sting 99 - 90
Stunning Steve - 83
Triple H - 89

Triple H 01 - 93
Trish Stratus - 87
Undertaker - 93
Undertaker 01 - 93
Undertaker 91 - 91
Goldberg should be higher

Raw64life

Does it sound like he's going to be able to buy it or fund it?

He just said that he hopes that he can but it's complicated and right now he's just worried about being able to do the PPV and the next set of tapings. He said he can't talk about the legal details of the deal.

Watching Mick on Raw is so fucking sad.
I cannot think of a single good match he has been in in these past two years. If we are okay with actors who can't in-ring for the life of them, we may as well tune in to The Bold and The Beautiful.

I cannot wrap my head around people that are gung ho about performers whom have a third of what is needed to be a well rounded player. My suspension of disbelief can only go so far.
I can think just back to Backlash as far as good matches go.

He's serviceable and his character more than makes up for it.

Mahonay

Banned
I cannot think of a single good match he has been in in these past two years. If we are okay with actors who can't in-ring for the life of them, we may as well tune in to The Bold and The Beautiful.

I cannot wrap my head around people that are gung ho about performers whom have a third of what is needed to be a well rounded player. My suspension of disbelief can only go so far.
As a tall, long haired man once said, "It's fucking fake!".

If they can keep working around Miz's weaknesses in the ring then then take this as far as you can.

Highlight strengths, hide weaknesses. It's what initially made the first Smackdown split succeed with this exact approach from Paul Heyman, which he had done with some pretty garbage wrestlers in ECW as well.

I love great work rate, but this is WWE. The most entertainment of wrestling entertainment. If you are judging purely by work rate you should watch NJPW, indies, and nothing else.

EDIT:
Also with this theory, RAW should be absolutely fucking amazing must see TV right now with the level of workers they have on that roster. But it's fucking horrible because of insultingly bad booking

Kaladin

He just said that he hopes that he can but it's complicated and right now he's just worried about being able to do the PPV and the next set of tapings. He said he can't talk about the legal details of the deal.

Thanks.

They posted a full recap btw:

http://wrestlingnews.co/billy-corga...ng-tna-the-status-of-sundays-bound-for-glory/

Some highlights:

He said that the company has had a for sale sign for a long time and he got involved and has taken a bigger role in the last 6 months and it’s difficult because he wants to talk about specifics but there are legal things he can’t talk about. He said, “there are a lot of people at the table and there are a lot of people looking at it.” He said that whatever happens this weekend will change the direction of the company forever. He said that it could mean that the company ends or it could mean that it continues.

Corgan was asked about Bound For Glory’s status for Sunday. Corgan said “the last 3 tapings, I’ve had to step in at the last minute and walk to the ring as the ink is drying” and he remains optimistic that a solution can be reached for BFG. Corgan said, “I will be in Orlando come rain or shine.” He could not speak for everyone else but he plans on being there on Sunday. His exact quote was, “At the end of the day, it is not up to me. But I remain optimistic and I will be in Orlando on Sunday.”

Corgan said that travel is booked but the company is in the same situation as before. Basically, they need funding to run the show. He said, “the funding sort of meets the deal making.” Corgan said that it comes down to “what do I get for funding?” Corgan said that this part is the “stress point.” He said that it’s one thing to fund the company and it’s another to set the company up to be successful and he wants it to be solvent and consistent for the future.

“I don’t want to make a shitty deal,” Corgan said. He said that he wanted to make a deal that can help put him in the position to build an empire.

It sounds like he wants this company, but he's stretching himself thin to make it work.

ReiGun

I never thought he was great and started to actively dislike him the moment his gimmick began to include doing Nickelodeon gags with hot dog carts and exploding briefcases, which was way before he became champion.

Also, his already unimpressive looking offense seemed to just get weaker with his punches that look like he's having a pillow fight sans pillows, THE WACKY LINE, etc. It's a bad look for any gimmick but especially bad for someone who's gimmick is supposed to be and unhinged maniac.
Oh I don't disagree at all. Ambrose deserves all of the shit he's given, and I generally like him. I just don't think he's been wrong in the things he's saying in response to those criticizing him. I don't think the story is just "Ambrose is dropping the ball," but rather "the company failed to utilize him for so long and now that they are, he's dropping the ball." And on Ambrose's part, it's partially cause he isn't that good AND because he's developed a chip on his shoulder and doesn't care.

Wrestling is dead.

Wrestling will never die, even in a fallout like world after a major war or a disaster, there will be companies running around setting up rings and wrestling.

About to watch Summerslam 1994, I have never seen the legendary cage match between Owen and Bret before even though I had known about it for years.

Kaladin

Wrestling will never die, even in a fallout like world after a major war or a disaster, there will be companies running around setting up rings and wrestling.

About to watch Summerslam 1994, I have never seen the legendary cage match between Owen and Bret before even though I had known about it for years.

Owen and Bret had an epic rivalry that year between WMX and Summerslam.

It's a match that pisses me off tbh. I'll tell you why later.

Top Bottom