• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Syder

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never let any entertainer's political or world views color your enjoyment of their work unless it begins to affect their work.
Which is what Matt Hardy is doing. If you count his twitter as an extension of the character he's using it to spread his views.

There are many criminally OBSOLETE systems in our world. Aspiring/new parents should watch @vaxxedthemovie.

Knowledge is a powerful weapon.
SMH

klonere

Banned
Miz has the same problem as enzo i don't want to watch them wrestle

Imagine miz trying to catch AJ

tumblr_o6j3o5L7tX1saykaxo1_400.gif

bruh if you didn't see Ambrose/Miz from Backlash you are doing yourself a disservice.

That gif is from Payback

I thought the Payback match was better than Extreme Rules
then again I was there
Aw shit, yeah, it was. It caused the double countout didn't it? That was what kinda dragged the match down for me.

To me, there's no denying Roman has had AJ's second best WWE match or best depending on how you feel on the Cena match.

The Big Dog brings the Big Match feel.

Mahonay

Banned
Miz should be like heenan. Put him In a 2 man booth with Mauro and have him manage a stable
They should legitimately replace Otunga's worthless ass with Big Show (who's been incredible on guest commentary the past few years). Although they probably don't want a commentator that's bigger than anyone in the ring.

Sephzilla

They should drop 3-man announce teams in general and go back to two man crews.

Raw: Cole and Graves
SD: Mauro and JBL

Basically, dump Saxton and Otunga

Murican' political wrasslers be like

D-Bry stanning for Jill stein
Broken Matt Anti-Vaxxer

BritWres political wrasslers be like

Twitter video of Zack Sabre and Jimmy Havoc drunkenly chanting for Jeremy Corbyn

This friday ROH ppv looks solid

**MAIN EVENT** ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - LADDER WAR 6
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS VS. YOUNG BUCKS VS. THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) (C)

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
MICHAEL ELGIN VS. ADAM COLE (C)

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
DONOVAN DIJAK w/ PRINCE NANA VS. BOBBY FISH (C)

TETSUYA NAITO w/ EVIL VS. JAY LETHAL

KAMAITACHI VS. DRAGON LEE

HANGMAN PAGE VS. KYLE O'REILLY

6-MAN TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT ROUND 1
JAY WHITE/KUSHIDA/ACH VS. TORU YANO/JAY & MARK BRISCOE

4 CORNER TAG SURVIVAL FOR SHOT AT ROH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ANX (RHETT TITUS & KENNY KING) w/ CAPRICE COLEMAN VS. SHANE TAYLOR & KEITH LEE VS. DALTON CASTLE & COLT CABANA VS. WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON)

cordy

Banned
I get a feeling that as soon as this Ziggler stuff is over for Miz (in which he'll lose the belt of course) he'll feud with Orton, Ambrose and maybe Cena next year. Miz is being elevated and it's great he is. He's needed these days.

Caderfix

When I was a kid, the IC title was my favorite. I remember choosing to go for it and keep it when playing WWE games.

I don't like the Miz and Maryse, their Hollywood gimmick was pretty awful. But the new Miz is growing on me, and I got to say that a HUGE part of it comes from the spotlight that is been given to the IC championship and champion.

Just rambling

Mahonay

Banned
I get a feeling that as soon as this Ziggler stuff is over for Miz (in which he'll lose the belt of course) he'll feud with Orton, Ambrose and maybe Cena next year. Miz is being elevated and it's great he is. He's needed these days.
It would help remind the rest of the talent of the importance of strong character work. So many guys half-assing that aspect is getting so old and has really hurt the overall product.

In China, 14 is an unlucky number because it sounds like "want to die". And it so happens to be the number of times HHH won a world championship.

Raw64life

The Miz has really stepped it up in the promo department and has been involved in a couple of hot angles lately, which has helped raise his stock.

He's still boring as shit in the ring and everything Bryan said in his quasi-shoot on Talking Smack is 100% truth.

klonere

Banned
It would help remind the rest of the talent of the importance of strong character work. So many guys half-assing that aspect is getting so old and has really hurt the overall product.

If Talking Smack is any indication most of the roster is capable of such and just have not been given the right tools and environment to do so.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only reason I'm not okay with Cena breaking Flair's record is because Cena's world title number is inflated due to him spending a good chunk of his career in an era where WWE had two world titles.

It's less that and more that he spent a chunk of his career in an era where WWE constantly hot-shotted the title between guys, e.g. Cena won the title like 3 times every year and held it for a little as 20 minutes, but often for a single PPV.

Like, if you look at it, he gets the title 3 times in 2011, and holds it for ~70, 21 and 14 days.

Mahonay

Banned
If Talking Smack is any indication most of the roster is capable of such and just have not been given the right tools and environment to do so.
True. But you can still do your best to work with a script and inject life into it.

Taking what works really well for some of the talent on Talking Smack and putting into Smackdown proper would be really smart though and do wonders for some of the talent that struggles with the stilted scripting we get on the main shows.

True. But you can still do your best to work with a script and inject life into it.

Taking what works really well for some of the talent on Talking Smack and putting into Smackdown proper would be really smart though and do wonders for some of the talent that struggles with the stilted scripting we get on the main shows.

Scripting isn't the problem it's over scripting where people sound like robots reading off a page and the forced use of verbage and buzzwords that no normal person uses.

Anth0ny

if Miz drops the belt, he should definitely move on to the main event picture.

only issue is keeping Miz hot coming out of the match.

If I had to book it, Ziggler gets desperate and cheats to win. Miz beats the crap out of Ziggler post match, picks up the IC title, stares at it, and then throws it at Ziggler. walks off into the main event picture.

it's 50/50, but it's also WWE. keeping Miz strong should be the priority.

Top Bottom