• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

klonere

Banned
Ctd3FFOWAAADghl.jpg:large

where's colchester

pfft colchester is a proud town of names I recognize from back when I played Football Manager, very famous

According WNW, Roman Reigns got heat and schooled when he came back through the curtain this past Raw. He was told, as a face, to hit Rusev across his back, but decided to sit down before doing what he was told. Vince and Triple H both agreed that what Roman did was 'dumb'.

Tagyhag

Alright, sorry I lied, but some of these look too damn funny to pass up.

zm2qZdB.png

Charlotte doesn't even look like freaking Charlotte, even CARMELLA looks more like the real person.
vGYMCFr.png

Dana showing off her Sindel look.

It's a shame because of just how inconsistent it is. People like Randy or Cena look fantastic, others are just...Why?

Kaladin

zm2qZdB.png

Charlotte doesn't even look like freaking Charlotte, even CARMELLA looks more like the real person.
vGYMCFr.png

It's a shame because of just how inconsistent it is. People like Randy or Cena look fantastic, others are just...Why?

It's the difference between being able to scan someone and having to create their character using their in game engine, the scanned image always comes out better.

Sephzilla

zm2qZdB.png

vGYMCFr.png

giphy.gif

UberTag

I cannot think of a single good match he has been in in these past two years. If we are okay with actors who can't in-ring for the life of them, we may as well tune in to The Bold and The Beautiful.
The Fatal 4-Way match at Extreme Rules this year between Miz-Cesaro-Owens-Zayn was top-tier and a good portion of why that match was so excellent had a lot to do with Miz and Cesaro.

The Fatal 4-Way match at Extreme Rules this year between Miz-Cesaro-Owens-Zayn was top-tier and a good portion of why that match was so excellent had a lot to do with Miz and Cesaro.

Eh, I felt that match was really good and Miz did his job of being the cowardly heel well enough but he contributed the least of the 4 competitors. With that said as somebody who's found Miz to be a tedious bore throughout his career I think he's been gold since the Talking Smack interview.

I'm just glad that SD improved week over week even with premiers. It still has to combat over a decade of being treated like a step child in WWE. And now it still is, even with great writing.

gun_haver

People who are complaining about weak in ring accompanying a great on mic personality like Miz need to remember two things:

- Post-neck injury Stone Cold
- The Rock

Great in ring talents? Absolutely not. Perfect personalities who kept it going in and out of matches, who built their stuff outside of the main show?

Tell me why the ratings are dipping again?

It's the difference between being able to scan someone and having to create their character using their in game engine, the scanned image always comes out better.
Is this seriously a thing? Why wouldn't they just scan their whole current roster? Idiots

I disagree that Charlotte doesn't look like herself, the face looks accurate, but she doesn't have straight hair and that throws it off

Dana looking like a vampire though

Is this seriously a thing? Why wouldn't they just scan their whole current roster? Idiots

I disagree that Charlotte doesn't look like herself, the face looks accurate, but she doesn't have straight hair and that throws it off

Dana looking like a vampire though
So they can have an excuse for not putting your favorites in😄

Lothar

Banned
The Miz vs Ziggler from a PPV was the only match this year that both I thought was good and I was into because of the story. I need a story to care about a match so it was the only match I saw in the WWE this year worth caring about.

Ratings are not surprising. Even though I found about half of Smackdown to be fun, what is there for the casual fan? The only compelling characters are the Miz and AJ. Both heels.

Tagyhag

People who are complaining about weak in ring accompanying a great on mic personality like Miz need to remember two things:

- The Rock

Great in ring talents? Absolutely not. Perfect personalities who kept it going in and out of matches, who built their stuff outside of the main show?

Stone Cold and The Rock weren't AJ Styles-tier of wrestling ability sure, but they still put out consistently great matches and their in-ring storytelling abilities were superb.

Their Wrestlemania 17 match was top 10 easily.

Lothar

Banned
Stone Cold and The Rock weren't AJ Styles-tier of wrestling ability sure, but they still put out consistently great matches and their in-ring storytelling abilities were superb.

Their Wrestlemania 17 match was top 10 easily.

That was an anomaly. How many great matches did Stone Cold or The Rock or anybody have in 1999?

- The Rock

A great story and characters like the Miz will get far more people interested in the product again compared to whatever Cesaro's x Cedric Alexander is doing.

gun_haver

A great story and characters like the Miz will get far more people interested in the product again compared to whatever Cesaro's x Cedric Alexander is doing.

that's right, friend.

although i don't mean to shit on cedric etc - they could all be good stuff, but it isn't enough to do a nice flip.

Kaladin

- The Rock

Post-neck injury Stone Cold and The Rock might have not have been the flashiest in ring performers, but they were GOAT when it came to story telling and psychology.

cordy

Banned
Lemme shoot for a bit.

I don't get this idea that Smackdown can't shake the "it's not important" label. It took 9 months for the women to finally live up to the Women's Revolution pitch and become superstars. That entire time they were failing and it wasn't until WM that they got what they truly deserved and lived up to their hype. If it took them 9 months then no one should be shitting on SD after only 2 months post-draft especially with it's results thus far.

Most things don't change after 2 months. What did however? Is SD's booking, wrestlers and everything about the show as a whole. Talking Smack is a hit, guys are tearing it up and ratings have shown that this is a positive. Give them 9 months and see what happens.

cordy

Banned
it is a process. it is weird people still think ratings and their feelings share a direct correlation. it takes time for word of mouth and other things to click.

Exactly what I'm saying. Things don't change that quickly I mean unlike what the WWE wants people to think, the Monday Night Wars weren't instantly won when WCW said Foley was winning the belt. It didn't have a huge shift when Austin beat HBK. DX and the tank didn't suddenly give them a huge rating's boost. It takes time.

Top Bottom