• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Dolph winning will probably be the saltiest i'll ever see this thread in like...ever. With good reason too, Dolph ain't great. But he's winning that title.

Miz is gonna get that title push. Which I'm not sure is the best of times cause AJ's a heel, unless you babyface him. Cause AJ you can do anything to him and he'll make it work.

Wrestler of the Year by far and I don't see that changing

MC Safety

I'm curious what they end up doing with Asuka. No one in that division is on her level.

I don't understand why the WWE doesn't bring her up to Raw or Smackdown. This would allow NXT women's division to start afresh.

She's being wasted if she's got to wait for the competition in NXT to rise to her level.

I don't understand why the WWE doesn't bring her up to Raw or Smackdown. This would allow NXT women's division to start afresh.

She's being wasted if she's got to wait for the competition in NXT to rise to her level.
Yeah while it'd be nice to give Ember Moon some long title chase I don't think they have the division to warrant it. Have her look dominant and get the title off Asuka, that way she doesn't have a year long undefeated monster streak and can still sort of have competitive matches with the other women

I'd like to see Asuka on Smackdown but they'd probably put her on Raw.....

ReiGun

Cause there's no one left. The draft and the last few call ups completely gutted the Women's Divison on NXT. The main roster now has the horsewomen and the women they were grooming to be next up like Bliss and Jax. NXT is as much a brand as Raw or Smackdown, and as far as women go, Asuka's their only star.

Which I agree sucks for her. She's pretty much stuck there until Ember Moon gets over enough to take her place. And speaking of, Ember Moon is likely going to be there longer than she needs to be for the same reason. Same with pretty much every experienced wrestler who gets sent to NXT over going straight to the main roster.

I'd like to see Asuka on Smackdown but they'd probably put her on Raw.....
Asuka has to go to Raw so that Bayley can overcome the odds and finally beat her.

What they might possibly do with her beyond that?.....*shrug*

Bayley should never beat Asuka especially since each match they have had is less 'Bayley just about lost' and more 'Bayley got her ass fucking kicked'. Just keep having Asuka destroy her in matches as a long running gag.

Asuka going to anywhere but Smackdown is a mistake.

ReiGun

If Tye and Bobby's team is called "Perfectly Glorious" instead of "The Glorious 10," I just don't know what I'll do.

Bayley should never beat Asuka especially since each match they have had is less 'Bayley just about lost' and more 'Bayley got her ass fucking kicked'. Just keep having Asuka destroy her in matches as a long running gag.

Asuka going to anywhere but Smackdown is a mistake.
If Asuka goes to Raw, no way Bayley doesn't finally get the W over her. Best you can hope for is it happening after Bayley stacks a few more L's and after Asuka bodies Charlotte and Sasha.

She also needs to kill the fuck out of The Most Dominant Woman In NXT* for good this time

Asuka should debut by squashing Nia in like two minutes. Just kick her right in the head and head to the back on some "You were feeling yourself too much while I was away" shit.

Cagey

Banned
Miz is too worked shooty on this Smackdown segment for my tastes, but otherwise he and Maryse and Maryse's bodysuit are putting in work recently.

I just finished 2001. I fucking loved it, even if the ending went over my head a bit

He reached a higher level of consciousness when he came into contact with the monolith, which FastTracks evolution. In wrestling terms the astronaut was hunter Hearst helmsley and the monolith is Stephanie. And the starbaby is the HHH we now know

Movies where you have to figure what the hell is going on are too rare

Mulholland Drive is amazing for this, I like it even more than 2001 honestly. When it all clicks for you after you've seen it you'll be shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Terry Funk is the best promo of all time.

mmmm while Terry is in my top 5 of all time I can't cosign
thistuesdayintexas_jakethesnake.png

jg4xchamp

Maybe you'll be on an episode of holy Foley soon

....maybe you can steal noelle away from bozo the clown.

lol i think they have to get something signed for camera crew people in, because that topic came up, and I said I don't really watch reality stuff like that. I only use the network for the pay per views, and stuff like table for 3 and legends.

After my initial "holy shit, you're mick foley" I actually had to bring myself to behave, and not be a shmuck about it.

Anth0ny

lol i think they have to get something signed for camera crew people in, because that topic came up, and I said I don't really watch reality stuff like that. I only use the network for the pay per views, and stuff like table for 3 and legends.

After my initial "holy shit, you're mick foley" I actually had to bring myself to behave, and not be a shmuck about it.

you mean you didn't ask him about hell in a cell?

Mahonay

Banned

You've made the correct choice by not watching Holy Foley. Shit suuuuuuuuucks.

I met Mick at a Phillies game about 10 years back, he was signing books. There wasn't a ton of people lined up or anything. I didn't have anything for him to sign but I just wanted to tell him I was a big fan. He was super cool and just chatted with me for like 5-10 minutes. Don't even remember what we talked about, I don't think it was wrestling related.

I wasn't even watching wrestling at this point (stopped a few years before this) but I remember it feeling like I met one of my heroes.

You've made the correct choice by not watching Holy Foley. Shit suuuuuuuuucks.

I met Mick at a Phillies game about 10 years back, he was signing books. There wasn't a ton of people lined up or anything. I didn't have anything for him to sign but I just wanted to tell him I was a big fan. He was super cool and just chatted with me for like 5-10 minutes. Don't even remember what we talked about, I don't think it was wrestling related.

I wasn't even watching wrestling at this point (stopped a few years before this) but I remember it feeling like I met one of my heroes.

That's how I reacted when I saw Big E at a Denny's a couple years back (even told WrestleGAF about it). Big E has some huge fucking hands, lemme tell you. Made shaking his hand seem like quite a feat. Rusev and Lana were there too, but I didn't shake her hand (she seemed polite and smiled at me) and Rusev was in the bathroom I think, so I didn't get to talk to him.

I also made sure to make it quick, because I didn't want to make a scene and/or interrupt their meal and/or seem like a huge fucking m*rk.

Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com reports that WWE's offer for TNA is "very little" and WWE would also want a non-compete clause which would prevent Billy Corgan or Dixie Carter from starting up another wrestling company.

Mahonay

Banned
LOL. Vince gonna Vince. This feels a little like the WCW purchase.

RAW ratings tanking and he's already paranoid that Dixie fucking Carter is going to make a new wrestling promotion that might compete.

How about you worry about making RAW not suck hot ass?

I remember one episode of WWE Confidential where they were in Japan, and RVD was in this tower looking through some binoculars, and just then, he yelled out Godzilla and ran.

Don't know why I remember just that part or why I found it funny.

I remember one episode of WWE Confidential where they were in Japan, and RVD was in this tower looking through some binoculars, and just then, he yelled out Godzilla and ran.

Don't know why I remember just that part or why I found it funny.
I wish they'd add those episodes to wwe network

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
King's Road, Smackdown Six, Cruiserweights. These are not the pinnacle of pro wrestling.
kolkooijjfiucw.gif

dfggfddfgfgdncuse.gif

Violent lucha brawls are.

oh and Fenix vs Mascara Dorada/Gran Metallik is online. Fancam. I haven't watched it yet.

Jonathan Coachman
‏@TheCoachESPN
2 hours from @FightOwensFight on off the top rope. 9east @SportsCenter espn news. What has the rise to the top of mountain been like?

SomewhatGroovy 1h1 hour ago
@TheCoachESPN @FightOwensFight @SportsCenter don't look at him in the eyes when he speaks to you. Love him, but know your place.

Jonathan Coachman
‏@TheCoachESPN Jonathan Coachman Retweeted SomewhatGroovy
My place is doing the segment on @SportsCenter at 9p. YOUR place is watching it. Nothing more. See you in an hour.

Man even the Coach rolling you up

tm24

AAA is booking Pagano vs Psycho at hteir Korakuen show

I wonder how Japan takes to them.

oh and Fenix vs Mascara Dorada/Gran Metallik is online. Fancam. I haven't watched it yet.

Same way any reasonable audience does. With mass confusion as to how Pagano is in the top ten most booked wrestlers.

Also, its very much an exhibition match that doesn't really feel like a match but like a cool highlight of lucha thing

Whatever Vince is offering for TNA, the only thing worth a damn from them is Broken Matt Hardy and everything therein.

WWE don't deserve him. look at that terrible ass new day/wyatt segment that they cribbed off of hardy lol.

would be pretty amazing if they let matt hardy do whatever he wanted with a wwe budget though.

Top Bottom