• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Mahonay

Banned
Murder isn't so bad if you ask me.
0USWzIb.jpg

I GOT YOUR BACK SNUKA

ReiGun

Seriously it was mind blowing to see that she was slapping people in 2002!
14 years ago
Steph wasn't as bad back then because she regularly got her comeuppance and was often made fun of by talent.

Now, she's pretty much untouchable and everyone just has to take shit from her. She's manages to use the show to stroke her own ego more than even her father at times.

Kaladin

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/shayna-baszler-eddie-kingston-attend-wwe-tryout

Eddie Kingston! There's a dude who deserves a shot, one of the most underrated veterans on the indies. Also, Heidi Lovelace is absolutely fantastic, great to see her getting a try-out. Ditto for Kimber Lee, Nicole Savoy, Jessica James & Su Yung.

While Eddie Kingston is about damn time, at the same time, it also feels like they're scraping the bottom of the indie barrel for guys that should have a shot but haven't in WWE.

Ithil

Steph wasn't as bad back then because she regularly got her comeuppance and was often made fun of by talent.

Now, she's pretty much untouchable and everyone just has to take shit from her. She's manages to use the show to stroke her own ego more than even her father at times.

When there's a segment every single week that exists solely for the purpose of telling us how great and better than everyone else Stephanie is, it's a problem.

While Eddie Kingston is about damn time, at the same time, it also feels like they're scraping the bottom of the indie barrel for guys that should have a shot but haven't in WWE.

I wouldn't say that, Kingston's been doing some of his best work for a while this past year and has got in great shape - I'd say this is based on recent merit, everyone's known what a great promo guy he is for years now. Would be a great addition to NXT, especially if he ends up feuding with Samoa Joe.

Kaladin

I wouldn't say that, Kingston's been doing some of his best work for a while this past year and has got in great shape - I'd say this is based on recent merit, everyone's known what a great promo guy he is for years now. Would be a great addition to NXT, especially if he ends up feuding with Samoa Joe.

Could you be more of a dick

Ah, apologies if he's got in good shape and has had a great year. Last I saw of him was as Chikara's champ around the time I quit watching Chikara. He was a great promo, but out of shape and only a decent worker IMO.

I haven't seen anything recent of him, so if he's improved my apologies.

She used to be a far worse actress, so yeah sometimes it was just as bad.

Lothar

Banned
RVD had the gold and was on top of the wrestling world.

Then he proceeded to kinda ruin that by getting caught with Sabu and a bunch of pills.

RVD got the title 4 years too late, much like Booker T, because they wanted to ruin the show by making it all about HHH.

Then he got busted for pot, and they did nothing with him when he came back. That didn't really hurt him. I don't think he's bothered by too much. That hurt us and hurt the company. It killed ECW as a brand.

Did someone bring up Triple H and Steiner?

ksgHoGp.png

Heh this reminds me that WWE requested Scott Steiner to take a steroid test he agreed to do it on the condition that Triple H do it at the same time. WWE quietly dropped the whole thing and neither were tested.

Also going back to Booker T, HHH straight up buried him, he should have put Booker over at WM19 to cement his main event spot. Instead he chose to flog the dead horse of WCW one more time for the sake of his ego.

That said HHH is making amends for the reign of terror with his work on NXT and the Cruiserweight Classic.

ReiGun

When there's a segment every single week that exists solely for the purpose of telling us how great and better than everyone else Stephanie is, it's a problem.
I'm sure she thinks she's great for doing it too because of the "look at a woman on top of this industry" appeal something like that could have.

Problem is it's so transparent that what's she's doing and she's not even doing a good job at it.

She used to be a far worse actress, so yeah sometimes it was just as bad.

That's a fair point. Personally, I'd take her acting being worse in exchange for her not being all up in the videos and making talent look foolish for no reason.

Zach

holy shit. it's even more unintelligible in print. Steiner-talk is the best nonsense talk.
It's especially amazing because Steiner's whole complaint is that he can't understand Booker T because he's black or whatever, yet Steiner is the one fumbling all over himself and being generally incomprehensible.

I wish someone would ask Stephanie why her idea of a powerful woman in the workplace is a shrieking banshee who physically abuses her employees. If her TV persona was a real person, she'd be sued into oblivion and probably in prison.

I wish someone would ask Stephanie why her idea of a powerful woman in the workplace is a shrieking banshee who physically abuses her employees. If her TV persona was a real person, she'd be sued into oblivion and probably in prison.

She reminds me of a psycho maths teacher I had in my final 2 years in high school, guy had genuine anger issues.

jmdajr

My shoulder was all sorts of messed up, but I did HHH's recommended exercises and it's much better now. No money's on physical therapy.

CGYMxyAWsAAdL8a.png

Top Bottom